Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

There's a hierarchy of coolness...

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

knowing the difference between a cm and a mm is also COOL

Ha...good point. Wondered why I found them so beastly to turn!

Quote:

Racing = lycra suits and obsessions over milliseconds... how is that cool?

Absolute admiration for anyone who can hammer a downhill course at 70+mph for a couple of minutes. That takes some balls.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
slikedges wrote:
clarky999, it's the skiing, not the duds

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Frankly anything concerning geeking out over kit = uncool

Right. A few years ago I spent a day skiing with a 19 year old French guy who had borrowed his gear and was wearing ancient rear entry boots and very long skis. He was definitely cool, especially as he was only learning English (English girlfriend, since married her) but was still able to make jokes. He skied in the clothes he wore to go to work on the train in Dijon.

He was a pretty cool skier and a very cool guy. PLUS, coolest of all, he bought me (as his hostess) two bottles of Gevrey Chambertin.

He did very temporarily lose his cool when I thanked him and told him I'd use them to make us all a big bucket of vin chaud.... wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, alright by be, i fit into the top 3!!!

After tele-ing all day today, i would like to let you know it is probably up by no.4 rather than 6 Very Happy

FlyingStantoni, blades/bikes/scooters all crap like that are in the same bin. Should all be banned for being so uncool. what gapers.

and alpine skiers are cool, i should know! Although to be honest, most british skiers are very uncool. And a lot of euros actually. Hmmmm maybe a lot of skiers are pretty uncool. Think what i'm getting at is i'm a skier therefore it is cool. haha
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slikedges, alright by be, i fit into the top 3!!!

After tele-ing all day today, i would like to let you know it is probably up by no.4 rather than 6 Very Happy

FlyingStantoni, blades/bikes/scooters all crap like that are in the same bin. Should all be banned for being so uncool. what gapers.

and alpine skiers are cool, i should know! Although to be honest, most british skiers are very uncool. And a lot of euros actually. Hmmmm maybe a lot of skiers are pretty uncool. Think what i'm getting at is i'm a skier therefore it is cool. haha
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:
slikedges wrote:
clarky999, it's the skiing, not the duds

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

duds=clothes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
actually...the comment about Brits rings true

Having spent this season in St Anton - only very few exude coolness on the slopes. That said...the pissed up Ruskies are far worse!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the dutch are pretty bad too. woolly jumpers and sunnies (no hats, especially when it's snowing)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
heidiky, I'm somewhat inclined to think as pipkin so tele as number 4 I can live with. Just.

lightningdan, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool:

1. This chap:

2. Very small children on snowboards
3. Pisteurs
4. Alpine choughs
5. Any skier over the age of 80

Not nearly as cool as they'd like to think:

1. Park rats
2. Youths in enormous T-shirts
3. TO staff
4. The ESF
5. Snowheads Laughing

Really not very cool at all:

1. Italians wearing back protectors over their jackets
2. Huge rockered skis on a day when the pistes are like concrete and there's been no snowfall for a month
3. Fat tourists who should have spent more on lessons and less on kit
4. Rude people
5. Anyone with a camera stuck to his head
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, excellent lists. Who's the guy?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard wrote:
Not nearly as cool as they'd like to think:

1. Park rats
2. Youths in enormous T-shirts
3. TO staff
4. The ESF
5. Snowheads Laughing
6. Sardonic locals cum bloggers
7. Any seasonnaire
8. Anyone who thinks being a frequent tourist doesn't still leave you a tourist

FIFY otherwise spot on.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about the Dudes who say "dude", those dudes have got to be cool dudes, dude
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, I have no idea - I spotted him on Saturday getting off the Bellecombe chair. He ought to be on a 1930s resort advertising poster. Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tbf that's a pretty damn good list Lizzard. Apart from maybe the headcam one, there's some brilliant POV videos out there.
snow conditions
Where does this fit Puzzled
http://youtube.com/v/7H5oYHs7EJw&feature=related
snow conditions
Quote:

In total agreement.
Always the British posh bugs who have them and really should spend the money on lessons.
latest report
Quote:

In total agreement.
Always the British posh bugs who have them and really should spend the money on lessons.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that is cool. My boots could do with a tweak or two, and now I don't even have to pay the autoroute toll fees to get them sorted Smile
snow report
Cool is an individual feature, not a group identity.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy