Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

There's a hierarchy of coolness...

Poster: A snowHead
...in snowsports.

Telemarkers, obviously, sit at the top. Everyone admires telemarkers and you don't need to be that good for people to point at go "that's cool".

Speed fliers are next. They'd be the coolest, if it weren't for the fact that probably half of skiers and snowboarders feel them, somehow, irresponsible.

Alpine skiers and snowboarders sit below that. There's debate about which is more cool, but the debate probably evens out.

Nordic skiers are next. They should be cooler, but few people understand what they do; where they do it; or what it involves. If they understood then the Nordic guys (and gals) would sit above the alpine skiers and snowboarders. But as it is, lack of public understanding dooms them.

Rando people are even less understood than nordic skiers. As little as people understand nordic, they're completely bemused by why anyone would skin up a perfectly good piste when there's a chairlift available. Unfortunately, noone sees, or understands, the "proper" rando bit of the sport. All they see is the loosers who are too tight to fork out for a lift pass. (If there were any justice then the rando-folk would be second. But there isn't any justice.)

Snowbladers next. Generally, they're inconsiderate ladies' front bottoms. But they're nowhere near as bad as...

...snowbikers. Who are universally hated. Even by snowbladers.

Discuss.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

If they understood then the Nordic guys (and gals) would sit above the alpine skiers and snowboarders. But as it is, lack of public understanding dooms them.

and the faded multi-coloured lycra really doesn't help. Especially when wrinkled.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where are you going to put Monoskis ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good challenge Patch.

Between Nordic and snowblades.

Like the rando guys, they deserve better. It's just that noone understands them.

The hierarchy should be:
- speedflyers
- telemark
- nordic
- monoski
- alpine / snowboard

But the public would never understand.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
should be

1. Speed flyers
2. The rest of them
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry but nordic goes at the bottom! actually second bottom to snowbladers.

1. alpine skiers
2. monoski/old blokes on 210s
3. tele/ speed flying
4. boarding
5. tourers. off piste only (why bother if you don't ski down in powder?!?)
6. nordic
7. blades/bikes/scooters

to be fair, 1-6 are all acceptable. 7 is not.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Speedflying doesn't qualify as a snow based sport or else you'd have to say Ski-BASErs are cooler.

Switch Monoskiers are coolest
Telemarking isn't really cool per se but the "I'm not even trying and I've just spanked that mogul line" type of scandi yoghurt knitter is.
You can score GNAR points on snowlerblades so actually in the right context they are cool.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bumps skiers are at #1. No argument.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowblades have never and will never be cool. they make e shudder!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, tele-bump-skiers.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
heidiky wrote:
snowblades have never and will never be cool. they make e shudder!!!

Above or below snowbikes though?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
smagsmith, I'll take that.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob wrote:
Speedflying doesn't qualify as a snow based sport or else you'd have to say Ski-BASErs are cooler.

And you're saying they're not??????
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
heidiky wrote:
to be fair, 1-6 are all acceptable. 7 is not.

I'm feeling almost religious with that statement Toofy Grin
ski holidays
heidiky wrote:
1. alpine skiers

But I'm sorry, most alpine skiers are far from cool.
latest report
ski biker are epic ladies' front bottoms
latest report
By speed flyers do you mean those jerks in latex suits with the strange aerodynamic helmets? If so I can see no way anyone wearing that can be considered cool.
snow conditions
Colin B, or this

http://youtube.com/v/fPG3JjWZJy4
snow conditions
Monoski beats telemark, but only if wearing a flourescent onesie. Quite simply the ultimate in cool is looking like you have literally strapped your board to the roof of a Delorean, rocked up to 88mph and travelled forward in time in your most outrageous ski gear.

The combination of skill required and sheer retro brilliance makes it top of the tree. It is also the ultimate in lift queue kudos. You stand out. You look cool. You wear a headband in flourescent colours. You wear sunglasses made of plastic. You have rear entry boots. You are cool. Even better if you don't know you are cool, but it's no barrier even if you do, the arrogance of it is so 80s even that is cool. Triple points if it is C&A Rodeo.
ski holidays
Park rats (whether ki or board) = bottom of the pile.
snow report
Bootfitters sit at the top. End of. Toofy Grin
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
1. Racers (only grown-up ones)
2. People with fat rocker skis who can ski
3. Instructors (but only if they have a Euro pro card)
4. Boarders who carve or slash but not skid
5. Off piste tourers looking worse for wear with large backpacks and leathery skin
6. monoski/old blokes on 210s/tele/ speed flying (googled that - another I'm different from you activity)
7. nordic
8. TV antenna schussers
9. blades/bikes/scooters

modified after and apologies to heidiky
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

My bootfitter was sitting at my feet. You must have very long arms.
latest report
By far coolest ones are telemarkers on monoski Laughing
ski holidays
Whilst in general I agree re snowbikers, I did see this guy and think that there's exceptions to the rule (he landed it too) -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/34160271@N07/3180806666/sizes/l/in/photostream/
ski holidays
At Cairngorm yesterday were a couple of youngish guys in leather lace up boots, long thin skies and cable bindings skiing on the West Wall. I thought them pretty cool.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitters, So long in fact I can perform tweaks across the Lake without leaving my boot lab. Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

8. TV antenna schussers

ha, 99% of Brits

Top fo the pile has to be bi-athletes. Why? They have guns, who's gonna argue with a very acurate rifle.
latest report
Feel I need to invoke the "top gear" cool wall rule, if I do it/own it then by definition it can't be cool.

So sorry to everyone but that's alpine skiing and boarding near the bottom of the list, obviously still above snow blades which should always be at the very bottom.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Only if I'm doing a handstand otherwise my feet were below my bottom (last time I looked)
snow report
I would subcategorise a little further.

Anything involving fat skis with waists of over 100cm is COOL.

Racers - COOL

Boarder/Ski x - COOL

Upper Middle class park skiers called Oliver from Surrey, wearing giant baby-gro's and illfitting helment, listening to rap about drive by's - sung by gangsters from the projects - are NOT COOL (but think they are....also find these to be the most inconsiderate people on the mountain....cutting up kids, families etc.

General Snowboarders - Contraversial one here...NOT Cool. Too long spent messing around with bindings, sitting on ones back bottom etc and using words like "sick", "phatt" and "gnarly"

Snowbladers - HOM

Telemarkers - Looks very graceful to me...but why would you do that to yourself? Weirdo's.
ski holidays
knowing the difference between a cm and a mm is also COOL
snow report
Would like to add - and to add to Slikedge's comment above...anyone who does anything well...is cool.

People that have an overinflated opinion of their ability, and as a result ski/board like a TOOL are UNCOOL
snow conditions
We saw a guy on a mono-snowblade at Kiroro yesterday.

It was the coolest thing I have ever seen...
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
knowing the difference between a cm and a mm is also COOL

haha, just off to put my gangsta rap on.
snow report
Racing = lycra suits and obsessions over milliseconds... how is that cool?

Frankly anything concerning geeking out over kit = uncool, so we're all uncool. Apart from old-skool telemarkers in their wooly jumpers.
snow report
Racers are in no way cool. Ok they they're ballsy and technically very good but no, they are not cool. The only instance where they might be cool is when they're actually not as good as they should be but still manage to do well using a ridiculous do or die attitude.
snow conditions
clarky999, it's the skiing, not the duds
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy