Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: The season hasn't been that bad really. Discuss.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I tried to go to Valberg this winter but couldn't get the Tourist Office or any hotels to reply to emails. The snow did look good though compared to the Northern Alps at the time.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rjs, they probably still use pigeons, or notes tucked into the collars of the St Bernards. Phone would probably be more effective. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John wrote:
Boredsurfing as posting selective photies in an attempt to represent La Plagne as somehow having a good season

Here is another one for you

from one of the back bowls of les 7 laux at 1900m, taken yesterday. The 7 Laux closed on the 5th Aprl, 3 weeks early. They did open on the 27th of October though.

As one of the poster's above said, a week of sun and mediocre snow is preferable for most people than a week of great snow but blizzards every day.

What may be a problem this year for some resorts is the amount they spent on snowmaking.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
What may be a problem this year for some resorts is the amount they spent on snowmaking.

Do you have any figures for this ?

I got the feeling that a fair number of weeks were too warm to make snow and that resorts were really lucky to get the cold spell just before half term. I would be interested to know too whether resorts felt that their reservoirs were big enough in hindsight.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs wrote:

Do you have any figures for this ?

You are right that it was often too hot for snow making. I know le Grand Bornand emptied their reservoirs by second half of the winter holidays. They were in the process of applying to use the mains water supply. The big worry now is whether they will be able to refill the reservoirs for next winter. Some departments (not in the Alps) already have emergency drought procedures in place which restrict who can pump water from streams.

I'm waiting for the 7 Laux figures, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost money this year, already there is talk of pushing back investments in the ski area. In 2007 they lost 650K euro. In an average year a resort spends more on snow making than on running the ski lifts, it is that important now.

Still misery for the small resorts and distress for the mid-resorts brings a smile to the CDA!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, But what are CdA going to do with their €8million compenastion from Poma for the Vanoise Express debacle?
I bet they buy another Summer leisure park Toofy Grin

Down in Aime this morning the Sprinklers were going irrigating the fields, I guess thay were getting it done before a hosepipe ban
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
davidof, But what are CdA going to do with their €8million compenastion from Poma for the Vanoise Express debacle?
I bet they buy another Summer leisure park Toofy Grin

or a North American resort ? Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, Laughing
Nah, they already own Les Arcs Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe they want to buy snowheads?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing wrote:
davidof, Laughing
Nah, they already own Les Arcs Toofy Grin

So is it their fault, or Ski Beat's, that madskier's girlfriend fell over and hurt her toe?

People need to be told!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Europe gets decant snow levels. The only place to look out for in America with likely significantly more snow on average than Europe is the Mt Baker / Mt Rainer area in Washington State.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy