Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dad, I’m stuck up an Italian mountain’

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You've got to love snowHeads
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr John, did the references to Adrian Mole not give you a clue that maybe it was just meant to be funny? Maybe not that funny, but no need to get too righteous about it all. Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm a first week learner when it comes to being righteous, compared with the off-piste all mountain expertise of some on here.

pam w wrote:

-What a pair of twits. Thank goodness for mountain rescue, eh? "They appeared unfazed" indeed. Double twits.
-They seem to have had no clue where they were
-I'd have been fazed, I'd have been riddled with embarassment and wanting to curl up and disappear down a hole after that sort of daft escapade.
-Daft, either way, I still reckon
-I am going to continue to be unjustifiably judgemental

Then you try and claim it was all a laugh by referencing Adrian Mole. You can't have it both way's Pam.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This thread is such a little nugget of snowHead GOLD Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr John wrote:
I'm a first week learner when it comes to being righteous, compared with the off-piste all mountain expertise of some on here.

pam w wrote:

-What a pair of twits. Thank goodness for mountain rescue, eh? "They appeared unfazed" indeed. Double twits.
-They seem to have had no clue where they were
-I'd have been fazed, I'd have been riddled with embarassment and wanting to curl up and disappear down a hole after that sort of daft escapade.
-Daft, either way, I still reckon
-I am going to continue to be unjustifiably judgemental

Then you try and claim it was all a laugh by referencing Adrian Mole. You can't have it both way's Pam.

my thoughts too
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Daily Mail is a newspaper. It's job is to miss out facts, doctor existing ones and if it can get away with it, make up completely new ones.

In the long ago past and to my eternal shame, I've had close contact with how it (and the other rags - not all of them tabloids either) do their work. It's a strange, ugly and depressing world. Most "reports" are actually carefully stretched, padded etc to confirm reader's fears and prejudices.

In this particular case there seems to be little real harm done. However, I'm disappointed not to see the inclusion of a paedophile vicar, 14 teenage mothers and an army of illegal immigrants whose benefit scrounging activities led these plucky Britishers into such danger in a dodgy foreign land.

A snowHead in an Austrian bar at midnight following a full day's heliskiing in waist-deep powder under perfect bluebird skies would have a better grip on reality than any Fleet Street publication any day of the week.

A discussion based around a newspaper story is a bit of a futile exercise although the advice and comments about emergency numbers are very helpful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr John, and who was it who said I was being "unjustifiably judgemental"? Me. Get a grip, folks, this thread is just a laugh. Daft story, happy ending.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
French and Swiss maps of the mountains are good (contours every 10 metres) Austrian one I have are not so good (20 metre contours) and generally not 1:25,000 (though I haven't bought one for quite a while) and Italian ones are dreadful (contours every 25 metres). Really for skiing I think you need the 1:25,000 maps to get enough detail. I and many of my friends and other off piste skiers use them if they are not with a guide, and somewhere they don't know or don't know well. Otherwise you could find yourself at the edge of a cliff or like the couple who inspired this thread.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy