Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel on a saturday.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all hope someone can help me.

My wife is desperate to go to the Snowdome tonight to try her new boots before we go away next week.

The previous times I have made the trip I have always enjoyed it but I have only ever gone on a weekday and was thinking that a saturday night would be hectic, can anyone who has been on a weekend tell me what it will be like around 6pm?.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saturday night isn't always very busy but can be very bumpy and trashed due to daytime use. May be a bit better today because all those who were frantically warming up for their half term trip are sitting in queues at French peages or waiting on delayed flights etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vintageryan, exactly as fatbob, says.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vintageryan, We have not been too busy today as lots of people would have gone away. I think tonight will be quiet, although as mentioned variable snow.

PSG
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MK used to do 3 hours for £30 on Saturday nights, was always very quiet and got groomed first.

I was usualy bored before 3 hours were up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your replys after ringing Hemel and confirming no jumps were set up, we decided to go and the last hour from about 9pm was the best skiing I have had at Hemel as the slope was pretty much deserted.

As stated the snow was bumpy but a lot less icy then it has been in the past and overall was in pretty good condition.

Saw 3 pretty bad accidents including one where a boarder wiped out an instructor taking a class at the time, the boarder had far too much speed for to little skill and couldn't turn away from the instructor, talking to a freindly lady who I believe was the first aider afterwards the instructor had popped her shoulder and was taking to hospital.

The piste patrol were also the most spot on I have seen them kicking at least 3 poeple out that I could see and checking lift passes which is a first in my experience.

I have seen quite a few accidents at Hemel but everyone has involved a boarder taking out a boarder or a boarder taking out a skier, could someone offer me a reasonable reason why that is?.

Is it just that I have seen only boarder accidents by chance or do more boarders have accidents on a restricted slope?.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
More likely the people who're likely to be out of control and causing accidents think boarding is more cool than skiing and so use a board to damage people instead of using skis!

If that makes any sense whatsoever...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, I'm thinking about putting a reward out for that boarder who wiped out the instructor as she was my Mum!! Dislocated shoulder 1 week before she was due to head out to the Zillertal for 7 weeks...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vintageryan, That's good feedback regarding the slope patrol. We have made changes recently to really get this right and it sounds like the guys did a good job.

We want all lovers of snowsport to enjoy our facility. Reckless use by any user (snowboard or ski) is not acceptable. I know we had a few "challanges" with users last night who had their lift passes removed.

Thanks for the feedback.

PSG
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
the_doc, Commisserations to your Mum! Sad
As a matter of interest do you know what the Hemel Slope Patrol/management did with the boarder i.e kick him off the slope/ban him in future/chop up his board into pieces Toofy Grin ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nah, but when I find out I'll let you know!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the_doc wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking about putting a reward out for that boarder who wiped out the instructor as she was my Mum!! Dislocated shoulder 1 week before she was due to head out to the Zillertal for 7 weeks...

I'd suggest legal action. There are clearly witnesses that you can track down. When kicking them out the piste patrol must have got their details? Sometimes people who are clearly have no idea what they are doing and have broken the rules need to be punished. Perhaps a no win no fee claim could focus their mind on personal responsibility?

I've been hit by a boarder at Hemel as well. I was about 2 feet behind the netting and the guy managed to crash into the netting so hard he knocked me flat. 18 stone of me usually requires a lot of force to knock over, I was planted with my skis, so must have hit it hard.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the_doc, Is your mum Jan? Wish her well from Kitty and myself please.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:

Or Carolyne? Ditto from Simon et al at Gosling.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the_doc, Bad news about your mum Doc.I didn't know and have no details as not been in today. Will be investigating this tomorrow for sure.

Will give your mum a call in the morning.

PSG
ski holidays
Monium wrote:
the_doc wrote:

I'd suggest legal action. There are clearly witnesses that you can track down. When kicking them out the piste patrol must have got their details? Sometimes people who are clearly have no idea what they are doing and have broken the rules need to be punished. Perhaps a no win no fee claim could focus their mind on personal responsibility?

Legal action on what grounds?

I doubt you'd have much luck, probably have more success suing Hemel for not provuding a safe workplace.

Hope your mom gets better soon the doc!
snow conditions
We are not running the usual race club session tonight as it's half term and all the children are away! With that in mind it will be a quiet session for recreational between 6 and 8 pm.

Good way to escape the half term crowds and still enjoy snowsports! Unique anywhere in the northern hemisphere this week I would guess.

PSG
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
the_doc, Commisserations to your Mum! Sad
As a matter of interest do you know what the Hemel Slope Patrol/management did with the boarder i.e kick him off the slope/ban him in future/chop up his board into pieces Toofy Grin ?

The boarder got removed from the slope and went to see the instructor in the medical room, from what the lady who worked at Hemel told me he took all the verbal she could throw at him but still refused to accept blame.

On the issue of the piste patrol it was also the first time I have seen anyone do some repairs to the slope ( flatten the moguls ) so nice job by them.
snow conditions
any predictions on how it will be this coming Sunday evening? Presumably low interest as people will just have come back from half-term ski breaks?
ski holidays
rubberbullet, The weekend either side of the holiday period are fairly quiet as lots of people are travelling.

Today has been steady but with some good recreational slots between the holiday courses. I think evenings will not be so busy this week.

PSG
snow conditions
Quote:

the_doc, Bad news about your mum Doc.I didn't know and have no details as not been in today. Will be investigating this tomorrow for sure.

Will give your mum a call in the morning.

PSG

Cheers mate, much appreciated! Think she's still determined to get out here on Thursday!
Quote:

Quote:

Or Carolyne? Ditto from Simon et al at Gosling.

Yeah, it's Jan, and thanks for the best wishes I will definately pass them on from you guys, cheers!
snow conditions
the_doc, Spoke to you mum, sore as you would expect but will be tearing up the slopes in no time.

PSG
snow report
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1408510_teenager_fined_for_dangerous_cycling_after_death_of_elderly_bus_passenger_

Might get a criminal prosecution. I wonder whether it was the same boarder as the one who wiped me out in Flaine earlier this month. French, and gave me an earful... because "I hit him when he overtook me, and if you're coming from behind on the left you have right of way"?!
snow conditions
thanks everyone for there good wishes for my speedy recovery unfortunately my recovery wont be that speedy, 6 to 9 months. but hopeing to be fit for next season only compensation is the snow this season wasnt so good. but hey thanks once again for good thoughts.
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:
if you're coming from behind on the left you have right of way"?!

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
powder.jan, Hi Jan, hope the recovery is as speedy as possible.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
I'm studying scots law..

But i'd imagine you could make a claim under the law of Tort (this is delict in scotland)
Civil wrongs basically. The boarder through his negligent act has injured your mother.
In scotland we use several tests.
You must be owed a duty of care, That duty must have been breached, and the breach must be the material cause of the injury (causation).
Duty of care = You owe a duty to anyone so closely affected by your actions that they should have been in your consideration (In this case the boarder would owe a general duty to not harm other users of the facility)
Breach = His negligent boarding resulting in the loss (your mothers dislocated shoulder)
Causation = His negligence directly caused the injury. "But for" his actions, the injury wouldnt have occured.. THats what you would have to prove essentially.

In scotland you'd have a pretty good claim i think (As i said however i'm only a 1st year student.. But we do study this pretty extensively)

Also i wish your mother a speedy recovery. I'm doing my basi L1 this week. And i've also suffered several dislocated shoulders in my life. Not a pleasant experience..But she will recover and ski to a high level (I've had 3 surgeries and cant tell)

Good luck
latest report
powder.jan wrote:
thanks everyone for there good wishes for my speedy recovery unfortunately my recovery wont be that speedy, 6 to 9 months. but hopeing to be fit for next season only compensation is the snow this season wasnt so good. but hey thanks once again for good thoughts.

6 - 9 months? Shocked That is very long time, did the dislocation cause other extensive problems as well?

Either way, saddened to hear about this, very painful experience.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it turned out, i had cracked bone right at top of the shoulder bone just where all the ligaments attach so of course ive damaged the ligament s mainly the supraspinosa, which controls movement away and forward of the body, also nerve damage to my thumb and torn ligament to my thumb,. extensive bruising to my leg , lower back , right arm,. also whiplash and bruising to my upper back , and neck.. so a thorogh job was done and im still waking up everynight with the pain. so moral is please be carefull out there. there are some b selfish idiots out there.
snow conditions
oh sorry i forgot its probable i also dislocated and then shoulder clicked back on its own.
snow conditions
Unbelievable. How can the prat not get prosecuted for inflicting this much damage??

I really do hope you have a full recovery. And that Hemel took the necessary steps to ban this individual.
latest report
well cant talk about that, but thanks for all good wishes. ill make up for lost time next year .
latest report
powder.jan, Shocked Hope you make it for next season.
ski holidays
powder.jan, if you get bored have a look at http://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/index.asp - top notch info. Smile
latest report
ok thanks for that, nightall x
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy