Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most snow in Europe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Tu sais comment faire les accents?

Je m'en fiche!

Je suis un peut pourri (?pourrie) moi-meme, tout comme la neige, apres une soiree "a la bonne banquette" avec des voisins (une nouvelle expressions pour moi...) . Mais je peux dire que les conditions sont pas mal (au-dessus de 1500m, au moins) mais ils vont empirer assez vite avec du soleil partout et un les temperatures du printemp pendant une semaine.

En fait les conditions sont pas mal du tout - pour mi-Avril.

(pour le "é" il faut que tu fasse le "e" et "alt gr" au meme temps - mais c'est peut-etre different selon le clavier......)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gilleski wrote:
We have a consistent 50cm base and it's due to snow tonight (snows at least 5 times a week all year round here) Early morning conditions firm groomed but does get variable throughout the day with good moguls early evening Very Happy

Very subtle Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

stevomcd, sorry I'm a bit to blame for asking the question in the first place. It's obvious that conditions aren't as good as usual though and some people are struggling with them, however up high I'm sure it's fine and as has been said there are pockets of very nice fresh too. As a seasoned Scottish skier it's slightly odd though seeing some of the comments around on some threads about the snow, the ones that I find the silliest are those that make statements to the effect that the season is a write off and so on. This is clearly not the case, there's snow out there (and frankly, if I'm being completely honest, it's good for people to learn to ski the harder stuff anyway - think Scotland lol Wink ), the Alps don't end in France anyway so sweeping statements from this side of the channel about a rubbish season are bang out because Austria is having a good one as are other areas. freeheelskier living in France has a different perspective to folk over here though and from his POV I think it's perfectly reasonable to say it's a bit rubbish at the moment and he'll wait for his next ski ... hey we do the same all the time in Scotland ... or at least some do lol Wink

The one thing IMHO we don't want though is the press picking up on doom and gloom stories about Alpine snow droughts, they love that sort of thing and will make out everywhere in the Alps is no good thus putting people off going anywhere (high up in France or even to Austria) and will cause a lot of hardship as a result. Part of the game is taking the rough with the smooth and accepting we get periods of poorer snow and periods of better snow - whoever said above book late if you can and follow the snow was spot on IMHO and part of the problem, again IMHO, is people over here booking early and seemingly expecting perfect conditions and complaining if they don't get them. Again in Scotland we've had similar, sometimes unfairly to be honest, and it's only these last couple of seasons we've managed to turn around the perception a bit. Yes we had some very poor years but intersperced were some great periods and seasons too but try getting that across to the press or a lot of people and they just wouldn't accept it - the perception now is much rosier as a result of a good season in 08/09, a stunning season in 09/10 and another good 'un this year (the 07/08 season was good too as I recall but at the time that was ignored!). In the case of Scotland I wouldn't recommend anyone book a trip early unless they understand there's no guarantees and it might be bleeding awful, even in a great season like the last one ... of course in the Alps conditions are more guaranteed but it's in no way a 100% guarantee as we can see this season!

Hey ho, sorry for the essay Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, those pesky prepositions - they always let people down. wink Top marks to everyone for trying, though. I'm certainly not going to be posting in French on here. wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
freeheelskier,
Quote:

U with expensive appertment
do you know offpisteskiing then?
Your gratuitous rudeness and arrogance are really very tiresome.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle wrote:
freeheelskier,
Quote:

U with expensive appertment
do you know offpisteskiing then?

Did I miss something?? (I certainly missed the bit where I own an expensive appartment!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Top marks to everyone for trying, though.

I wouldn't have tried had I been sober!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Röldal, Norway, snowdeep now 340cm, Very Happy http://www.roldal.com/sider/tekst.asp?side=78
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The far east of Europe is getting hit too

Krasnaya Polyana, Russia
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/KrasnayaPolyana/6day/top

Rosa Khutor, Russia
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Rosa-Khutor-Alpine-Resort/6day/top

Been reliably informed that snowforecast consistently underreports for both of these resorts to by a magnitude of 2-3 Shocked

freehelskier
Please check your inbox. PM sent
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Röldal, Norway, now 350cm
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

snowforecast consistently underreports for both of these resorts

they consistently under-report for the Beaufortain, too. They obviously can't have enough variation to cope with the kind of local anomalies which will always be a factor in mountain weather.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Röldal now reporting that they have 390cm and weatherforecast say they will have 24cm more this weekend, Norway and Röldal should be great choise for april skiing Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy