Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Voyage Prive

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got an e-mail from http://www.voyage-prive.co.uk today saying I'd won membership to the site. I signed up, I only needed to give them my e-mail address.

Seems it's an invitation only exclusive travel deals site (including some skiing). Not sure I get why it's private/invitation only though. Anyway, anyone know anything about it? Are they dodgy? Just wondering if I booked anything through them that I'm not going to end up on an episode of Hustle Very Happy

Some of the offers seem ok, but nothing out of this world, and nothing I'm tempted to book at the moment.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was invited by a friend who uses them regularly so confident its all legit, however I haven't been with them yet. Offers are reasonable but not amazing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ernie. I'll keep them on my list of sites to look on for holidays then.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why would anyone with anything as ordinary as holidays and travel to sell want to restrict the number of their potential customers in what is a highly competitive market?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you can read French, there is some worrying feedback to be found on the internet. Did this company start up in France?
http://www.ciao.fr/Avis/Voyage_prive_com__1009723
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No idea why they'd keep it as a private club Pam, perhaps people think they're getting something special if it's "exclusive".

I think they did start in France, hence the name, I found a couple of articles, but nothing where anyone gave feedback.
http://www.hotel-blogs.com/guillaume_thevenot/2010/02/voyageprive-enters-the-usa.html
http://eu.techcrunch.com/2010/03/02/private-travel-club-voyageprive-com-launches-in-the-us/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They tend to get promoted by third parties on the likes of cashback and points sites. I got signed up, can't recall how.

Possibly the rules and regs are different for holiday clubs than they are for travel agents ? Can't say about France, but there are situations where promotion to "memebers of private clubs and associations" is considered different to public adevertising in England.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's basically Groupon for travel. It started in France and apparently is a big company.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How it works: the company invites people to sign up to their "exclusive" website, either through "invite a friend", other membership sites or with incentives. It's generally not very difficult to obtain an "exclusive" account. This gives the company the email addresses of thousands of "motivated" people - these potential customers elected to be on the list, therefore they are less likely to see the marketing emails "exclusive offers" as spam, and more likely to part with their cash. A large list of people who value your company and like your products is very, very valuable. Also, less money is wasted advertising to people who aren't interested.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oops, just to clarify: I have never booked with this company, so can't comment on their service. There are a high percentage of negative comments on pam w's link though which is a little concerning although understandable - people are more likely to have a whinge when they feel they've been wronged (who would otherwise not bother saying anything at all), and it seems that some of the commenters didn't quite understand the nature of the company, i.e. they're an agent, not a TO.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy