Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What energy booster for the slopes, lucozade or....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

I'm sure I use more calories than a day in the office sat at my desk

For sure. And some people ski much more energetically than others. The fact remains that, for most of us, telling ourselves we need to stuff ourselves with sugar all day long is pure self-delusion.

Mind you, there is no single subject on which so many people can so successfully delude themselves, as food.

If you're having Alpen, best avoid the Original, which is 23% sugar. Nearly as bad as Coco Pops.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nemeziss wrote:
Or maybe you know something better?

Running into Kim Wilde in a mountain restaurant gave me a burst of something........ wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Honestly you lot, you're a bunch of holiday skiers, not World Cup athletes. Just have some breakfast like normal people. Laughing

Personally, I lose weight in the winter, but then I don't stuff my face with huge brekkie, numerous cereal bars and bananas, lunch, afternoon tea, multiple beers and a four course dinner. Shocked

I think if I tried eating that much I'd explode, however much skiing I did.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have to ask are you lot going well over the top for skiing? Gels, energy drinks, hydration products? I'm a huge consumer of all these things but would never consider them for skiing.

Say the ski day is seven hours. You spend half an hour messing around having lunch, half the time on the chair lifts, and standing around on the slopes waiting for others or generally messing around another half hour. So you actually ski over a seven hour period about three hours. Of this time some of it is easy cruising, and maybe at the outside one hour is good hard solid work where you're feeling the burn and really pushing yourself. But are you really even doing that? Are you going balls to the wall like you were using that time to run a 10km race? I doubt it. So based on the fact that nobody running a wee 10km would consider gels why the heck are you doing it? These things cost a fortune. Unless you're a top level skiier why would you consider the need for these things? A decent breakfast, lunch and enough liquid is all you need surely?

I'm sticking to my ski nutrition plan of Beer , bretzel and schnapps. I'll worry about the impact on training after the holiday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i think if you look at the vast majority of the posters...they aren't either, just responding to the OP's request. I use gels and such if I'm riding my road bike for 3-4hrs, its almost an essential but they won't be making the trip with me this week to ski, I don't need the type of boost that they give me when riding decent distances, skiing is a completely different type of exercise and I find a decent meal is more than plenty with something in the pocket for the lift if i want something sweet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skinutter, I wholeheartedly agree. I'd use a gel for any ride greater than 50 miles, but still hate the things though. Skiing just doesn't make the same demands on your body, even at a decent recreational level.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
T Bar wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:
T Bar wrote:

Don't know what you mean stop producing ATP and you are dead.

Really? What might cause that then?

Well anything that poisons cellular respiration will, cyanide for instance.
Not a little dehydration.

We could do this to death (through lack of understanding as opposed to lack of water.) It seems you are saying that being dehydrated has no bearing on energy production in the body?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just lost 10 lb in 10 days in VT. OH had the same nutrition intake and put on 3. I suppose it comes down to how much you appreciate the cost of your ski pass Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lloyd7,

Just have a good balanced diet rolling eyes No need for expensive energy drinks wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agree with stewart woodward and others.
All those Energy Boosting products are a con.
Making some people lots of money.
Like bottled water - superb marketing coup to sell people a product that is free.
If you are thirsty: drink water.
If you are hungry: eat.
I take chocolate, dried fruit (dates and figs), and a sandwich.
If all else fails, there is always the hip flask.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sugar highs = sugar lows. I try to avoid both, and am a big fan of porridge with yoghurt & banana in the morning Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I love this! a zombie thread revived by spam. Let the poor thing die in peace.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hahahaa!!! Ok, unfollow thread, lol wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy