Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing hurts!

Poster: A snowHead
Ugh, good luck Liveesy, hope they don't amputate. I'm calling it 'Giblets' but you could go with the Back To The Future joke and call it Calvin. "That's what's written all over your underwear"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Liveezy wrote:
Aw thanks guys. I'm okay, just a little frustrated about it. Fingers crossed i can have it stitched up on Sunday and click in on Monday! snowHead
Hey, quit the chat, we want more photos!

More seriously, want needs stitching up? Is this where it was cut to allow it to drain?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yea sorry to moan about it. I will be skiing as soon as i loose the bag, it's not like i ever fall over... rolling eyes

I think the incision may need stitches. Undecided, may be a glue job or steri-strips? All i know is that its over 1cm long and that i have had stitches for less.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liveezy wrote:
Yea sorry to moan about it.

I think you've been remarkably unmoany. If I had a bruise like that I would be much more self-indulgent with my moaning!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Liveezy, I doubt you will be stiched, may be a couple of good robust steristrips and a pressure dressing, but it will be left to heal by itsef (secondary intention technically), so that any further goop can make its way out. Good wound hygeine essential obviously, no grubby digits exploring the area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountain Haddock wrote:
Liveezy, I doubt you will be stiched, may be a couple of good robust steristrips and a pressure dressing, but it will be left to heal by itsef (secondary intention technically), so that any further goop can make its way out. Good wound hygeine essential obviously, no grubby digits exploring the area.

+1

last year saw a lad in clinic with similar injury - he had left it until late to seek attention. The haematoma and pressure had caused muscle tissue necrosis (cell death) and unfortunately also affected the sciatic nerve. So Liveezy you should buy whoever put the bag on a nice bottle of wine! they did you a big favour. Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mountain Haddock, herrprentler, awesome, thanks for the advice! My Slovak doctor was a bit of a hero. I may have to give him a bottle of local spirits, Demanovka!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
two days without an update. Anymore red cottage cheese?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smagsmith, Hey, i had the second bag removed today and had hoped that would be the end of it. However, the doctor has inserted a piece of plastic ribbon about 5mm wide and dressed the wound. I guess this is to allow seepage but also let it heal. Not sure, i was told not to ski and come back on Wednesday for assessment. I wasn't listening.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Liveezy wrote:
I wasn't listening.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Liveezy, how is that leg doing 1 week on from last post?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smagsmith,
was just thinking that! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
herrprentler, I got totally rad with a bag. Does that make it a double rad?

Had a 3rd bag attached on Wed after draining more fluid. Was supposed to go back on Friday to have it looked at, but it snowed on Thursday... I'm now in Budapest until Thursday. Should I a. Leave bag and go to docs Friday and miss another day on the hill. Or b. Remove bag my self and be done with it snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ps. Swelling and bruise nearly gone all together. Time to try the same trick unnatural and give my left side a good seeing too. Skullie
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liveezy, I cannot wait for the next update! Good luck!
snow report
Liveezy,

option a = more frustration
option b = infection risk

answer = option a

sorry Sad Sad
snow report
You need to rub some "Arniflor" gel on that it will rapidly speed up the healing.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_7221288_arnica-gel_.html
latest report
Liveezy, got to be option a
latest report
Quote:

the doctor has inserted a piece of plastic ribbon about 5mm wide

I thought maybe he'd inserted powder ribbons into your leg so if you went missing in deep powder, you could be found!! Sad about still being laid up. Maybe go and see the adaptive sport people and they could give you a wee ski-trolly thing? Hope you're well soon.
latest report
So yea. The bag tore while I was on a boat trip on the Danube. Not cool as it smelt pretty bad! I took the bag off and put a big old plaster on it. The incision was already healed so yea. Pretty much over now folks. The bruise is pretty much gone. Swelling is all gone except some hard tissue. I guess I just need to massage and deep heat for the next week. Going skiing on Friday, can't wait to get back on it.

Thanks snoheads! I'll post up my next injury soon. I hope it doesn't attract as much interest as this one.

Ollie
latest report
Liveezy,
glad thats over, now can we get back to 'stripping students?' Toofy Grin
latest report
sunnbuel wrote:
Liveezy,
glad thats over, now can we get back to 'stripping students?' Toofy Grin

pictures Puzzled

Very Happy
snow report
Got some good news. the high brow publication that is zoo magazine have printed a picture of my bruise! I will put the page image up tomorrow when I get to my computer. issue 358 out yesterday. can I claim fame?
snow report
Me in Zoo mag..

latest report
Laughing great effort Oliver
snow report
Can't believe you made it into Zoo! They say everyone has 5 minutes of fame. Well, your @rse has at least.

Glad you've recovered, I'm still retching slightly at the 'red cottage cheese' description. Brain bleach needed.
snow conditions
How is the thigh now mate?
ski holidays
Liveezy, Laughing Laughing fantastic.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
smagsmith, its okay. I took another stack on a c rail last week. It hurt a lot, I got a small bruise again and some swelling. So i have been using heparin and deep heat which is doing a great job. Still a little lumpy but otherwise fine thanks! looking back at it now is quite scary!
snow report
1 year on.... any scars left?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy