Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing hurts!

Poster: A snowHead
I know this is the wrong forum but i just have to share this with you. Pretty cool right!?

Shocked
Impact +24h

Impact +48h

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-01-11 12:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OUCH!

How on earth did you manage that?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG!!!! What happened?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boom! Someone wasn't wearing protection shorts. OOoops. Have you seen a doc? How old are you? That's some serious bleeding...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was it obtained in soho?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Liveezy, yowzer!!! i hope you have a good supply of ibuprofen and arnica. get well soon bud! and get yourself some impact shorts.

Mister T, a wild guess would be catching the corner of a rail or box. or landing onto the same from a height *ouchie smiley*
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is that a knee? Or rather, was it a knee?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, haha nope, i think you'll find that's the top of a thigh. (the band of the calvin's kinda gives it away! wink )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah, got it! that's very much like what I got when I fell on the ice rink in Chamonix (only there because the snow was cr@p). I had to take off my jeans PDQ as the swelling was so fast - within a couple of hours I could only wear pyjamas with an elasticated top. The bruising - much that colour - was right down to my ankle within a couple of days. Eventually turned yellow.... The basic lump of swelling on the top of the thigh took months to subside completely - it felt absolute solid.

The initial fall was sore, but hardly catastrophic - I carried on skating for ten minutes or so before calling it a day. The resultant bruising seemed out of all proportion to the original injury.

I suspect the bruise in the picture will spread.....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Liveezy, ouchy! How did you do it? when did you do it?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor, Boom, yes i was.

I am 24, we went to hospital last night and i'm all clear. It's severely swollen though. Looks like i'm out for at least a week.

pam w, I took a slam on a kicker landing, twice. It hurt the second time a whole lot more than the first but i didn't think it would be this bad. Still, its pretty cool no? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was done at ~10:00 yesterday. This photo is 24hrs on. I'm considering a time-lapse of the recovery. Picture every morning and night for 30 days?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Do it. I did that with my knee, the bruise goes all sorts of lovely colours.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Small beer.

I fell last year and slid rather a long way. My (tele) ski attached via a leash decided to clip me just below the knee. I had a bruise similar to the photo, except over the next couple of days skiing it grew to cover from above the knee to my ankle. The whole leg was swollen at the end of each days skiing, but had reduced significantly each morning. You can still see where the ski impacted me leg one year on.

I avoided the medics as they might have suggested not skiing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liveezy, I wish I'd done mine on something gnarly, rather than just falling on the ice rink because my skating really sucks. Hope you soon recover. I spent a day with my feet up in the chalet, struggling through a book in French about the mountain rescue teams in Chamonix - lots of deaths!

Then I tried skiing again, but it wasn't a very clever idea, and made it worse.
snow report
Liveezy, I'm amazed that you got away with that, from the bruising I would have been predicting a crack or break somewhere esp. on the femur still if the docs say it's OK then I guess it must be. If it was my thigh I think I'd be looking for a 2nd opinion though if it looked like that. Be careful out there and I hope it gets better soon.
snow report
Liveezy wrote:
It was done at ~10:00 yesterday. This photo is 24hrs on. I'm considering a time-lapse of the recovery. Picture every morning and night for 30 days?

Gross, but if you do it , then I will tune in eagerly to see it. I am a bit twisted like that Toofy Grin

cheers
Smag
ski holidays
Dave Horsley,yea okay but im pretty sure my pint is bigger than yours... Cool

pam w, i have a copy of war and peace on the go so im sure i wont get too bored while my friends shred the rad. rolling eyes

Megamum, I have full range of motion, i also have a copy of the x-ray(any docs in the house?) Im sure its just bruising but im going back in 4 days so we will see.

smagsmith, Ill get the tripod out tonight then Razz
snow report
I think I can see the face of jesus
snow report
red 27, Maybe he did the kicker on a board!!!! Would be the face of Satan!!!
ski holidays
Roy Hockley, i am a skiier Smile
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
I think I can see the face of jesus

I thought it was Bruise Lee. Toofy Grin
latest report
geepee, Laughing
snow conditions
Liveezy, just make sure you change your boxers each day Cool
latest report
Liveezy wrote:

smagsmith, Ill get the tripod out tonight then Razz

Whoooooaaa there , I dont want to see any pictures of that. I am a family man wink

Cheers
Smag
snow report
Quote:

I'm amazed that you got away with that, from the bruising I would have been predicting a crack or break somewhere esp. on the femur

Megamum, my bruising was even more extensive and there was no question I'd fractured anything - I even went skiing on it. I suppose that when you fall on that area that flesh is crushed between your pelvis/head of femur and the surface - ice, in my case. I did go to A & E when I got home (not too sure why, by that stage) and the doctor said that although he had rarely seen more impressive bruising - to the ankle by that stage - there was no fundamental damage (I had an X ray).

I have a pair of padded shorts I wear snowboarding - they greatly reduce the likelihood of that kind of injury (I hope.....)

and I've given up ice skating. wink
latest report
Liveezy, where did you do it? The only time I've come close to that was jumping on dendix...and it was close but think you win!
ski holidays
pam w, I was wearing impact shorts which i guess helped somewhat, the landing was qutie steep but very icy. I'm sure if i had only fallen on it once it wouldnt be so bad. I'ts my own fault for running back up for a second attempt and failing in the same way.

It will be interesting to see how big this bruise gets, it has already grown since thins mornings picture. Time for number 2!

smagsmith, haha, i will try to maintain what little dignity remains!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Liveezy,
corker!...you might have a trochanteric bursitis on the way - you squished it good and proper. Done the same x5 when playing rugby on frozen pitches (long time ago).
ski holidays
Liveezy wrote:
I know this is the wrong forum but i just have to share this with you. Pretty cool right!?

Shocked

Ouch - poor you.
Had one like that a couple of years ago - three falls on the same buttock in as many days, then sitting for several hours travelling home.

This too will pass. Some asprin will keep the thrombo issues down.

Get some crash pants Happy

Ian
latest report
here's what iv been up to today. Anyone know how to embed vimeo?

Winter '11 | Demanova timelapse, Jasna from Oliver Lees
http://www.vimeo.com/18572463
snow report
Liveezy, I feel soooo inadequate... yours is soooo much bigger than mine wink

Well done, that is one hell of a bruise Laughing
ski holidays
Scarpa, have you just coloured that in with felt tips? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
maggi, It was a double fall using PG's daughter's slalom skis on fresh hard corduroy. Only my 3rd week skiing and I found them a little unforgiving hehehe. More of a friction bruise Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

I'ts my own fault for running back up for a second attempt and failing in the same way

Shocked your poor soft tissues! Yes, a second impact would have added insult to injury.
snow report
I have only just figured out which part of your body this is. I couldn't make anything out last night when looking!
ski holidays
Liveezy, Go and see a physio when you get back. I had one just like that a few years ago after a crash while racing at Manchester Velodrome. I just left it to get better on it's own and I've not got a lump of scar tissue in my thigh. Causes slight numbness and occational cramp. Physio tells me treatment at the time would have helped.
ski holidays
Rest assured, its worse now.

I would put pictures up but they would be very revealing. It now stretches round to the inside of my thigh and about half way towards my knee. I'm feeling the pain too today Confused
ski holidays
adithorp, thank you, that's good advice. I wont be in the UK until the summer though. Maybe i should seek one here.
snow report
Might well be worth looking there in that case.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy