Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Sella Ronda Fans!!! - Season 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Smokin Joe, thats handy as we are staying there, just hope that the match is being shown on Italian television. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for all the info, especially the restaurant stuff.

Off tomorrow, looks like we may get a bit of snow and low temps, hopefully a bit of sunshine too. Can't wait!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rg1, just in case you see this before the off - great spot for some top lunchtime pasta is Hotel Lech Da Sompunt in the Badia / Pedraces area off a spur from Sella Ronda (beyond La Villa) - well worth seeking out...down the red piste that is under the Sponata lift, then just before a bridge you'll find the hotel, about 50 yards to left of the piste. Ask locally. Finest fresh pasta you will find...Buon appetito! wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just booked up my first ever skiing trip today to Corvara after reading lots of recommendations for it as a good place for beginners. Just myself and my girlfriend going who has skiied before and is at intermediate level.

Staying at the Chalet Verena with Colletts, were lucky enough to get the last room available!

We're going to be there for the week 20th - 27th March. One concern was that it's late in the season and what would the conditions be like at that time but having voiced those concerns to Colletts they've reassured us that they really do look after the slopes over there, have lots of snowmaking machines and that the conditions are usually very good right the way through to the end of the season. I hope they're right! Would be a real downer to go over for my first ever skiing experience and be faced with poor conditions.

Does anyone have any experience of Corvara in late March? Also if anyone else is staying there with Colletts that week give us a shout!

Dan
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
danj, There is a bunch of snowHeads in tha area the week before. We do not expect poor snow conditions, but obviously you never know. Many people say that March is the best month for skiing in the Dolomites. As beginners you do not need a lot of snow anyway, so take that off your list of things to worry about! I don't know where you live, but if you are in range of any of the indoor snow centres, I strongly recommend having some lessons before you go. This will be money well spent as you will maximise your time skiing in resort and spend less time watching people fall over!

You are going to have a ball. Learning to ski is just the best and the Dolomites are glorious - especially in the warm sun of March.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just a quick thank you for all the advice on runs and area in the Selva area. I can confirm the the Edlesweiss valley is a great little area and generally in the sun. Following the Bustak signs for the piste down from Dantecepies was great advice , less intimidating slopes for a 9 year old.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from our short trip to Selva - just as beautiful as I remember from last year.

Arrived Thusrday morning (Easyjet to Innsbruck, on time at 9.30am, allowing us to be on the slopes at Selva by 1pm, having checked into hotel, hired skis, bought passes etc). There was a sprinkling of new snow from the night before (less than an inch), but temperatures had dropped from the previous days. Cloudy, but the odd bit of sunshine breaking through and the odd snowflake. We did a quick Sella Ronda clockwise lap, with a stop for an excellent pizza above Arabba. Other than some rather scraped bits of boiler-plate low down in the home runs to Selva, the snow was generally excellent.

Friday we awoke to a very cold morning with a little cloud. Lots of layers needed! We set off around 9 ish and took a slightly round-about route to the Hidden Valley. Pistes vitually empty, until we reached the bus stop at Armentorola, where there was a fairly large queue. But it moved pretty quickly, and the queue at the cable car was just one load long. Sun came out properly, and we had a fabulous (and bizarrely near deserted - where did all the people go?) run down the the Hidden Valley to Scotonis for birthday lunch for my wife, where we managed to bag the last table inside for the full mixed grill. We even found a nice pitch of powder on the way down. Then a reasonably leisurely return to Selva, with detours down to La Villa and up behind Colfosco on the way.

Full marks to Hotel Oswald that night who had picked up my wife's birthday from her passport details and threw in a bottle of Prosecco with dinner - a nice touch.

Saturday - bluebird day - VERY cold, but beautiful clear blue sky (did see a one cloud, I think, during the day). Caught the first Ciampinoi bubble and had the perfect corduroy to ourselves for the first half hour. Headed anti-clockwise to Arabba, and then over the top to Malga Ciapela, arriving at 10.30. We then headed down the Sottoguda gorge. Not the most exciting piece of skiing (in fact ice skates would have been useful!), but what an amazing place. Every frozen waterfall had people ice-climbing - looked very scary to me.

The entrance to the gorge is easy to find - just cross the road from where you stop and take your skis off if you are going up the Malga Ciapela cable car, and go past a small wooden building down a reasonably obvious track. There are little light blue hand drawn signs pinned to the side of the wooden building by the road and then at intervals down to the entrance to the gorge itself. Watch out for walkers coming up. The walk out at the bottom is not too bad - a few hundred yards downhill to the bus stop, which is back on the main road. Go to the left at the Sottoguda church in the village (we stopped for hot chocs at the Montanara hotel by the church - very nice!)

We decided against continuing on the WW1 tour, and instead caught the bus back to Malga Ciapela and headed up the Marmolada - still no queues for the cable car. A quick run down and then over towards Arabba, stopping for a HUGE steak on the way down to Arabba. We then worked our way back round to Selva in an anti-clockwise direction avoiding the main Sella Ronda route where possible (although it was not too crowded - too cold, I think).

Sunday was another bluebird day, but a little warmer (just -6 c rather than -12c!) - our last day - we had to leave around 12.30 to catch our flight, but managed to ski from 8.30 to 12.15, skiing round to Canazei and back and finishing off with a final blast down a near empty Dantercepies (5 mins top to bottom).

All in all an excellenet weekend - it really is a stunning place and I think we are now totally converted. We'll be back.

Top marks to the piste bashers - the busier areas were getting a bit scraped and boiler plate each afternoon (although not too bad), but each morning they had managed to create fantastic grippy corduroy. The less busy areas have still got really excellent snow conditions. Overall, I though the snow conditions were really good, especially as they had no new snow since 11 Jan, and had high temps and even some rain since then. We even found the odd little bits of powder.

Thanks for all the info above - it really helped us make the most of our short trip.

I can put up some pictures of the Sottoguda gorge, if anyone can point me to some easy to use instructions how to do it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rg1, instructions for posting photos are here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601. I look forward to seeing the photos.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HI - I am new to Snowheads, have been reading all about the Dolomites with interest. great info! We are going to Selva in a few weeks, YIPPEE, nowI know this has been covered before it hasnt been very clear, about skiing to the hidden valley from Selva.
If anyone can tell me, is this properly doable in a day, for ok intermediates? Also am i correct the route is Corvara, San CAssiano, Armentarola, then a taxi/bus to the Laguzoi cable car? Is it a clear route or easy to go wrong? Also tips for the way back please?? Many thanks fro any help..... Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from Arabba, can confirm that conditions are exactly as rg1 describes, pretty much as good as I've ever seen them with a deep base, everywhere is skiing well. The fresh snow last Wednesday 19th freshened things up, hardpack will show through on the steeper, busy resort runs in the afternoon, nothing that a well set edge won't grip though and it's amazing how they repair them by next morning.

Early last week it was so mild and sunny, felt like spring, sunbathing on the terraces. Cold temps from midweek onwards were better for the snow, it didn't soften as much and get so pushed around.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rg1, I did the Sottoguda gorge and went on to do the WW1 tour on Saturday, must have been just in front of you having left Arabba just after 9:00, reached the bus stop at the far end of Sottoguda village around 10:20, after stopping to look at the ice-climbers.

It was a glorious day, bluebird skies, full sunshine, but extremely cold esp first thing. It got warm enough to eat outside at Scotoni in the Hidden Valley just after 1:00, got back above Arabba by 3:00, so not the marathon the 80km distance suggests, though from Selva it must add quite a bit to the distance.

I will stick some pics up later.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
suzieflowerpower, Hidden valley is easily doable from Selva in a day for reasonable intermediates. You should have time for a reasonable amount of skiing on the way back as well. It is not the most exciting skiing, but it is staggeringly beautiful, so worth the hassle of the bus, in my view. Take your camera and try and choose a blue sky day.

Various possible routes to get there, and it is pretty easy to find. Broadly, head out of Selva on the Dantercepies side, and follow the Sella Ronda clockwise (orange signs) to Corvara. There are then various ways to get to a point where you can ski down to Armentarola from above Corvara - this is probably the best of the maps: http://www.altabadia.org/290.pdf You do NOT go to San Cassiano, though - you need to aim for Armentarola on piste 9 and keep an eye on the signs that point you to Armentarola and Lagazuoi (basically keep right as you head down the long blue). We headed down from the top of Pralongia, but there are other ways of getting there, such as via Bioch.

The area is generally very well signposted - so long as you have a reasonable idea of the layout you should not go too far wrong.

Once you get to Armentarola, the taxi/bus stop is well signposted and there is a reasonably well organised queue that generally seems to move along quite quickly. Although slightly more expensive (€5 rather than €2 per person) I'd advise getting a taxi, as the bus can be rather a scrum and takes a while to fill up and take payment - but depends on how the queue is and when the bus arrives. If you are on the bus, there can be a bit of a scrum at the Lagazuoi cable car if it is busy as well. If not too busy and depending on time, it is worth doing the run back down to the Lagazuoi cable car on the front side, and then heading back up and doing the Hidden Valley itself. Scotonis is a great stop for lunch about 2/3 of the way down - you can't miss it.

Get some speed up at the bottom of the Hidden Valley (from shortly after the frozen waterfall), otherwise there is a bit of poling to do before you reach the bottom.

To get back, get the horse tow at the bottom of the Hidden Valley (or you can skate it quite easily, but the horse thing is fun), and then follow the obvious track round to the drag lift at Armentarola. Then ski down to San Cassiano (again well sign-posted) and catch the bubble up. From the top there, just follow the signs to Corvara (several possibilities again, but very easy and well signed) and then join the green (anti-clockwise) Sella Ronda signs back to Selva - or carry on round clockwise on the orange ones if you have a little more time (that way round is a more interesting ski). The route via Pralongia and Cherz to Arabba and round that way is nice and gets you off the main (busier) Sella Ronda runs for a bit, but is a bit longer.

Have fun!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
suzieflowerpower, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

The Hidden Valley is definitely doable from Selva, get an early start and you won't be chasing your tail all day, you can then judge how long you can stop for. Here's an approximate schedule for the day:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1449309&highlight=scotoni#1449309

You don't need to drop into San Cassiano on the way over, once you get to Piz Sorega you can ski down to Armentarola, you need to cross the bridge, head past the hotel to the road where the minibuses wait in a layby.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
suzieflowerpower, As said above do not go down to San Cassiano! Follow the signs to Armenterola! Gentle cruising everywhere in the region with the exception of Arabba! You will have a blast! Enjoy but let us know how you got on and if you enjoyed your trip!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bit premature, but as I've already booked my second trip of the season, I'm now looking at where to go next Christmas.

Tossing up between somewhere on the Sella Ronda - probably Selva, Cervinia, or Tignes. I really want to go to Italy as I've only skied in France, Austria and Andorra, but the Tignes holiday I've seen seems a pretty good deal.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what conditions around Christmas are usually like (I know no guarantee) in the area? Also what would be the best resort to stay in for access to varied runs(Selva looks like it has the biggest local area)? bearing in mind it's likely Jnr will be in ski school (and possibly the OH and I) and we'll need to get back to collect him.

Does it take all day to ski a circuit of the Sella Ronda? If so do many of the ski schools offer 5 day packages instead of 6?
snow report
hammerite, to answer one of your questions, no it does not take all day to ski a circuit of the Sella Ronda.
At least one of our number on the 6th birthday bash (TallTone) skied it twice in one day (one way round each way).
Of course it depends on what kind of skier you are, what the crowds turn out to be like, how many side tracks you head off to, how many cappucini you stop for, how long you take for lunch etc.
But for an intermediate skier it does not take all day to get round. snowHead

Hope this helps.
snow report
luigi, Did you have a nice holiday and are you going to post a report ?
snow report
HI RG1, Luigi and Roy

many thanks for all this invaluable info, schedule etc. makes it so much easier to plan our trip. have managed to pursuade the OH that Espace killy, 3 Valleys etc., are not the be all and end all, and finally go to the beautiful Dolomites ..... Very excited. Will definitely post a report on our trip. Smile
snow report
Thanks SteveM, yes very helpful. We're not fast skiers, but we keep moving and don't stop ages for drinks/lunch if we're on a mission Smile

Any thoughts on a resort? Selva, Arraba, Canazei or Campitello? Not too bothered about nightlife either way, access to ski/variety is most important.
snow conditions
Hi hammerite. Here's a video I did from 20th to 27th of December this year.( Posted it before somewhere Confused ) We had great snow conditions overall, and comments from peeps who are just back seem to indicate it's still the same. Only problem we had was thick fog which hung around for a couple of days, but when it cleared it was brilliant. We were amazed how quiet the slopes were and we often had the pistes to ourselves, and we are definitely returning next Christmas, but before that we are back February half term for another dose, absolutely love the place snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/rMVysL75DeU
ski holidays
Cool thanks Bartezki, will have a look at the vid when I get home (youtube blocked at work). We were in L2A this Christmas and I think suffered from the same conditions as you, great underfoot/ski, but sometimes visibility was difficult (not to mention extremely windy at times). I can deal with that though, just adds to the challenge.
ski holidays
rg1 said,
Quote:
there can be a bit of a scrum at the Lagazuoi cable car if it is busy as well. If not too busy and depending on time, it is worth doing the run back down to the Lagazuoi cable car on the front side, and then heading back up and doing the Hidden Valley itself. Scotonis is a great stop for lunch about 2/3 of the way down - you can't miss it.

Another alternative if the Lagazuoi is busy is to cross the road into the Nuvolao lift system, with runs down to the Cinque Torri (now 4 Torri since one collapsed a few years ago). Some nice skiing here, and another area which we hadn't visited before (a good o/p run off to the right of the single seater chair through a big boulder field).

The links bring you back to the Falzarego pass & the queues should have died down so you can get the Lagazuoi cable up to do the Hidden Valley (may have to miss out the lunch stop at Scotonis though)

High point of our week was the Val de Mesdi on Sunday - skinned from the cable car to the Rif. Boe (though it would be an easy walk - about 3km) Entry couloir was a fantastic run in perfect packed powder - great snow in the run through the valley and stunning scenery - exit chute was a bit hairy: steep and icy, but survived to tell the tale so made for an epic day snowHead

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 25-01-11 20:52; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
pokemon wrote:
luigi, Did you have a nice holiday and are you going to post a report ?

Yes thanks, the best ever, no doubt helped by the fact that I was returning to my favourite mountains, the Dolomites.

Not really sure where to put the report, there are already 3 good ones on Arabba in the report section, not much to add really. I've got lots of pics, but I must have used my space in Snowmediazone, it would only let me upload a few.

Here are some pics from the WW1 tour on Saturday:

Ice Climber in Sottoguda Gorge

Monte Pelmo from Fertazza in Civetta ski area

Rifugio Scotoni in the Hidden Valley of Armentarola (x2)

Sassongher and Passo Gardena from above Corvara

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 25-01-11 21:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
hammerite we were in LDA last Chrimbo and suffered from the high winds and for 2 and a half days lifts were closed , so lots of people skiing nursery slopes, and it rained in resort, not pleasant, that's when we decided to try Italy as they had superb snow
snow conditions
I also had the chance to sample the delights of a deliciously empty Cortina d'Ampezzo last Thursday, the weather wasn't the best, but lifted enough to enjoy some of the views. There was training for the women's World Cup Super G racing at Tofana, you can't believe the speed til you see it in the flesh, the chairlift that went over the course was open to the public so we got a bird's eye view.

I went with sueski, who is well known to quite a few snowHeads. She is working this season as resort manager in Arabba with Ski Total/Inghams. She gets to do some ski hosting too, 3 of us guests wanted to ski Cortina, so she gave us a personal tour of Tofana & Faloria-Cristallo, it was tough keeping up the pace she set, but very enjoyable, esp as so many of the runs were so unbelievably empty. Sueski said it's often empty, that's why she likes to go over there, it only gets busy on Italian holidays and sunny weekends. We even got to enjoy the passeggiata and a drink in town afterwards, it's very civilised, seriously considering staying there in the future.

Sueski knows the area well having run her own tour company for quite a few years, currently being run by her colleague Annabella. They do skiing in the winter and hiking/walking/climbing in the summer. You can find details at www.simplydolomiti.com

Here's a pic of sueski striking a pose with other guests at Faloria with a brooding Monte Cristallo in the background:

ski holidays
luigi, Glad you had a good time and really interested to hear you met up with Sueski. Although we booked through Neilson due to departure airport location, we have arranged lift passes and private lessons through her again this year. She has become a good friend over the last few years and always makes it a pleasure to return. Hoping to do Cortina again this year with her as we also found it to be deserted with very nice and different skiing to the Sella Ronda etc.

How long did it take to do the WW1 tour and was it worth it. I'm keen to see the Civetta area and also ski the slopes at Cinque Torri again?
latest report
pokemon wrote:

How long did it take to do the WW1 tour and was it worth it. I'm keen to see the Civetta area and also ski the slopes at Cinque Torri again?

We left Arabba just after 9:00, I remember looking at my watch on the Porta Vescovo cablecar at 9:15, skied across Passo Padon and down to Malga Ciapela. Found the entrance to the piste/path that goes down Sottoguda gorge (signposted Serrai), after the Gorge it's a bit of a walk (500m) through the village to the main rd where the bus stop is, caught the bus to Alleghe about 10:35 after 10 mins wait (free bus).

Arrived Alleghe around 11:00, caught the gondola and a few chairs up to Fertazza where you can ski down to Pescul for the next bus.

Civetta would merit a bit more exploration, the views of the soaring west wall of Monte Civetta and the impressive hulk of Monte Pelmo are pretty special (see the photo in the post above), there were all Italians there on Saturday, spoke to a friendly student from University of Padova on one of the chairs.

When we got down to Pescul, there was a bus waiting, which was handy as this service up the Passo Giau to Rifugio Fedare isn't as frequent (cost €4 for a return ticket, they don't sell a single, so the only way you can use it is if you do the circuit in the oppesite direction). Got to Fedare at 12:45, caught the chair up to Rifugio Averau, we didn't ski down into Cinque Torri, we wanted to get to Scotoni for lunch. Thankfully, when we got to Lagazuoi cablecar there was no queue so went straight up. Had a superb mixed grill for €19.50 at Scotoni and back on skis by about 2:00. Horse tow and ski back towards Arabba, stopped for a Vin Brule at Bec de Roces about 3:00 and back in the village by 3:30ish.

So about 6 1/2 hrs inc lunch stop and 1 drink stop (there's plenty of time for a drink and a nibble on the buses), we were also lucky with some of the connections and didn't have to wait around very long. If you got the first lift out of Arabba, it might give you a bit more time to play around at Civetta or Cinque Torri or some more leisurely stops. We skied pretty fast, but made quite a few stops for photos.

All in all didn't seem much more than a Sella Ronda day.

We also did the skitour Panorama, which does a circuit (using the free skibuses) of the Val di Fassa areas Alba-Pozza, Catinaccio, Col Rodella & Belvedere. Nice scenery here too.

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/skitours/v05_s05_3.html
ski holidays
pokemon wrote:
luigi, Glad you had a good time and really interested to hear you met up with Sueski....... She has become a good friend over the last few years and always makes it a pleasure to return. Hoping to do Cortina again this year with her

Sueski is a lovely lady, but uncatchable on skis, even my mate who is completely fearless could only just about keep her in his sights, she loves to cut loose with a small like-minded group on empty pistes!! Great fun!!

Hope you can get over to Cortina with her this year, she likes to go so she can check out the well-stocked Co-op supermarket in town and I'm happy to report the brakes on her van are now fixed. She does seem very busy this season with her new work responsibilities, but maybe she can sneak you onto an Inghams/Ski Total trip. Maybe Annabella will be about, she helps out with hosting too, she also seemed really nice when I met her briefly.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
luigi,
Quote:

Sueski is a lovely lady, but uncatchable on skis, even my mate who is completely fearless could only just about keep her in his sights, she loves to cut loose with a small like-minded group on empty pistes!! Great fun!!

When we ski with her, she's always way ahead of us and even then I think she moderates her speed for us. Last year she led us through the woods, across streams down an unpisted track from Ristorante Rio Gere down into Cortina town. Everyone was all over the place, falling over but she was in her element. Great fun as well. The food at Rio Gere was excellent.

http://www.dolomiti.org/ita/cortina/co/ristoranti/riogere/index.html

Quote:

We also did the skitour Panorama, which does a circuit (using the free skibuses) of the Val di Fassa areas Alba-Pozza, Catinaccio, Col Rodella & Belvedere. Nice scenery here too.

Would you recommend this ski tour?

Btw, where did you stay in Arabba?

Only 4 weeks (ish) to go. Can't wait.
ski holidays
pokemon, we ate at the Rio Gere too, lovely food, friendly service. Sue wanted to take us on that track back to Cortina, but there were signs all over the Faloria cablecar to say it was closed. We weren't keen to disobey, but she would have been up for it!!

The panorama tour is definitely worth doing if you haven't done it before, the pistes between Alba & Pozza are pretty empty compared to the Sella Ronda. There are beautiful views of the Catinaccio massif from that small ski area too.

We stayed in a Ski Total chalet Elena, Sue has helped to set up the whole Arabba operation for them this season, there are 3 chalets in one building and one over the road, they were run by Colletts in recent years and Inghams? before that, but look like they have been recently refurbed inside.
latest report
luigi, looks great in the pictures. Definitely on my list of places to go to!
snow conditions
nozawaonsen wrote:
luigi, looks great in the pictures. Definitely on my list of places to go to!

Try it and you might just fall in love with it!!

The only downside might be the lack of Japanese powder but the sunshine makes up for it!
ski holidays
luigi,
Quote:

pokemon, we ate at the Rio Gere too, lovely food, friendly service. Sue wanted to take us on that track back to Cortina, but there were signs all over the Faloria cablecar to say it was closed. We weren't keen to disobey, but she would have been up for it!!

Laughing that is so typical of sueski. She likes to push it

Are you returning this season?
snow report
pokemon wrote:

Are you returning this season?

No, one ski trip only this year! Sad

But going back to Italy in June. Smile
latest report
pokemon, luigi, my turn now - off there on sat, all but flights booked through annabelle.I'll say hi to sueski for you both
latest report
nickH, Have a good time. Where are you staying?

P.S. She likes Sunpat crunchy peanut butter and also Cadburys Dairy Milk if you need to bribe her for anything wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 27-01-11 23:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
pokemon wrote:

P.S. She likes Sunpat crunchy peanut butter and also Cadburys Diary Milk if you need to bribe her for anything wink

I'm sure that would work because I don't think even the Cortina Co-op stocks such delicacies!!!

nickH, have a good one! Are you in Zoldo or Arabba?
ski holidays
We are a group of 20 out to Arabba on Saturday, any news on snow conditons ???

At present from the weather, sunny all week it looks as much sightseeing as possible.
latest report
Thanks luigi & pokemon,I'm sure to have a great time.

Staying b&b at the pension sport in Arabba this time -something of a budget job on my own as i'm making my way up to Ellmau at the end of the trip for a week of greater luxury with my partner!

Thanks for the advice on treats - think plymouth gin is also on the desired list so will see what change is in my pocket when I get to gatwick !

thunderer,have a great time. Keeping fingers crossed about the weather as well. I'll keep an eye open for a large group - if a bearded middle-aged male approaches you asking for ' thunderer' it'll probably be me.
snow conditions
Anyone out this week you could register your mobile and make this your fave page and text to snowheads (00447766943237 worked for me in Italy) just to let us sat at home know what piste conditions are like, and maybe how good your lunch was and where please Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy