Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help flying to st anton

Poster: A snowHead
help me please, am trying to get out to st anton on sunday the 9th and return on saturday the 15th, from the north west, and cant seem to make any flights to innsbruck work. can go from liverpool on the sunday , but cant get home.sat to sat flights dont work for this trip. so what other airports in austria/switzerland/germany can i use , without having a massive transfer ?????? rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Neilski, there's a direct train or bus from Zurich - very easy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, cheers , at least you can count on the swiss to get you there on time Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neilski, Do you have to return to UK on the Saturday 15th (Jan?). You could perhaps stay Sat night in Innsbruck and fly back on the Sunday (16th). Alternatively you could perhaps return from Munich on the Saturday - don't know about flights to Liverpool, but Lufthansa do flights from Munich to Birmingham.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have flown to Innsbruck from Manchester or Leeds (can't remember which) on a Saturday before, not a million miles from Liverpool.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
to fit this trip in to work schedule , i have to leave on the sunday and return by saturday at the latest Alastair Pink, will look at the munich flights thanks
dont mind going and coming back to different airports
red 27, direct train could be the way
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I found the Easyjet flights to Zurich from Luton didn't work too well for Sat to Sat. I'm having to stay over in Zurich and fly home on Sunday (but I do get to ski on Saturday too).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i thought that flying out on the sunday would be the problem not getting back on the saturday Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neilski, Might just be Luton. The flight back on Saturday was fairly early (10.30 or so I think) and I didn't need much of an excuse to ski for another day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neilski wrote:
dont mind going and coming back to different airports

For some reason I LOVE doing that - makes me feel quite the international jet-set sophisticate Laughing

www.arlbergexpress.com is worth a look too
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
latest plan
liverpool to innsbruck out
innsbruck to gatwick/ gatwick to manchester back.

red 27, cheers all options are being considered, just a pain i have to be back on the saturday , but will be worth it if i can make it work.

other option is to book a return sat to sat flight , but only use the return leg Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Neilski, One way ticket... Quit job... Stay for the season?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the Friday night flight is late enough to get a full days skiing in - you've looked at this already I guess. 37 francs ainy bad - what's that now, £36? rolling eyes

Fri 14 Jan
CHF37.45
Dep ZCH 21:10
Arr MAN 22:05
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nozawaonsen, nice thought, but for "one way ticket... quit job" read . quit marriage , quit living so i believe in live to ski another day Laughing

red 27,hadn't thought of the friday, that could be the answer to all my prayers and score even more "brownie points" snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Airport very close to St Anton is on German side Friedrichschafen,Flybe sometimes goes there.
ski holidays
Cat4u wrote:
Airport very close to St Anton is on German side Friedrichschafen,Flybe sometimes goes there.
Not so sure they are doing so this winter...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65847
snow report
Neilski, try swiss from manchester to Zurich. I used [url]skyscannernet[/url] to find my flights.
ski holidays
Neilski wrote:
other option is to book a return sat to sat flight , but only use the return leg Very Happy

Nice idea, but for a return ticket to be valid I'm sure you have to have used the outbound leg.

As said, Zurich's easy for access to Anton, one train from the airport to the main station and then another direct to Anton. I've used Munich too, was driven tho, took almost 4 hours but that was in snow and heavy traffic as we got to Munich.
snow conditions
Sitter, no worries, just an idea

have now booked both ways easyjet, man to zurich, and am now working on bets way to get from the airport to resort, train works on the way out but not good for the way back, so am looking at car hire options , so anyone wants a lift to st anton on sunday 9th would be happy to have the company snowHead
latest report
Neilski, you checked out the arlbergexpress shuttle bus? No good?
snow conditions
red 27, Only two departures per day and times don't work Sad Pity though as prices are good

So looks like car hire is the only way
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy