Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt do's and don'ts please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
should do, though I'd get train and post bus rather then drive.

Does anyone go to Zermat to ski, rather then eat
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chez Vrony is our favourite.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 22-01-13 16:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always eat at least 50% more when skiing, (no weight gain) and its a great part of the holiday, - also pretty much first lift up, last lift down. Would rather eat good food in good surroundings for my money than bad. Since turning 30 over 20 years ago, it is also far more important than drinking, - (but I still like drink!) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dsoutar wrote:
Off to Zermatt at the start of April for a week. Only ever been for the day from Cervinia so have limited (i.e. almost none) knowledge.

Would appreciate some do's and don'ts. We are staying at the Hotel Perren which is near the Sunnegga lift but I gather very near the bus stop.

All advice welcome. We will have a car so need some info about that as Zermatt is car free. The hotel recommends Parking Christophe. Also is a day trip to Saas Fee worth considering ?

Many thanks in advance.

Dsoutar,

You are in a great location for Zermatt.
The bus to Kl Matt. stops about 30 yards from the Perren, outside Snowboat, so you will have a good chance of getting on board, alternatively the Sunegga funicular is 3 mins downhill walk. Getting home from KL Matt is usually a ppain as the bus queues are horrendous, again try and get over to Sunegga at the end of the day,

You will need to park in Taesch and get the shuttle train to Zermatt, put the hotel phone number on your contacts so you can call them when you have getting the train to Zermatt, they will then pick you up from the station.

Zermatt is expensive as many have said, but you do get what you have paid for, but it is possible to eat reasonably if needed.
My advice is go and enjoy the place, get together as much cash as you can and have a great time without worrying about the cost, its the best place in the Alps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With the lift pass, if I only got a Zermatt area pass, and upgraded by the day, if the lifts and wether ok, what is the cost per day to upgrade?
Could save a few bob as we may not get to ski over at all, and that would be a waste. - Seriously hurtful to a yorkshireman.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Heading to Zermatt half term week. I know I know, she is a teacher!

How far in advance do we need to book for Zum See and Vronys. It is half term but there are only two of us? Was thinking about asking the hotel to book a couple of lunctimes when we arrive?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you go to http://www.zermatt.ch/en/ you will get all the information you need, ticket prices are under lifts and pistes. There are various options but a 6 day Zermatt pass is 364chf, 6 day international 415chf extra for one day in Cervinia is 40chf. If you decide to go to Cervinia go early as the t bar and cable car can get really busy.
Do drop in to Potters Bar its in the shopping centre near the railway station http://www.pottersbar.ch/
Do visit the restaurant Glacier Paradise at the Kleine Matterhorn but wait until you have acclimatised as it is so high, think around 12,000 ft
No dont's just have a fantastic time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
larry1950 - thanks, your answer is how I read it. A no brainer for the international pass in my book. Intend going over at least twice and subject to Snow-forecast 9 day forecast before I go, will take the gamble. Some one some where suggested it was rather less than 40 CHF per day, hence the question.
Cheers 22 sleeps to go Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dsouter, do not think it does from the website. If you find out otherwise please let me know
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy