Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online ski hire in a mystery resort...?

Poster: A snowHead
So here's the problem. I booked a short trip in January to Austria with Inghams. Snow cover looks like it's going to be good, and I'm not super-bothered about the resort, so I went for an allocation on arrival deal.

Normally I'd book skis online as walk-in rates seem to be silly nowadays (my brother in law paid more than double me for the same skis last trip), but I can't really do that this time. Does anyone know if there's some sort of discount voucher that I could use across a chain, or another way of not paying walk-in rates? Might the TO even offer a better deal?

Any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
michael stocking, try www.skiset.co.uk - they claim 40% off resort price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
michael stocking, Inghams are ok but I don't know their rates for 3/4 days ski hire and you would not be able to book with them until you are on the transfer bus, thats the only drawback with AOA!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
michael stocking, Find an Internet cafe with printing facilities and book your hire with Snowbrainer. Print off voucher and proceed to chosen hire shop... simple!! Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avago, That's what I figured might work. Get the tickets from the rep, wonder at our luck at getting a giant suite at a 5 star hotel*, and then find an internet cafe before the flight's called.

* or not
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
michael stocking, Good luck........... hope your wish for 5 star luxury comes off! wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hire in the UK? I've never done that, but I'm sure others can suggest a decent shop. Where are you flying from? Just watch out for the baggage charges if you do this though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller wrote:
michael stocking, try www.skiset.co.uk - they claim 40% off resort price.

IIRC you need to pre-book at least 48 hours in advance so won't work for OP Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anniepen, This wasn't the case last season and looking at the site it will let me book skis for tomorrow to be picked up after 4pm today. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
geepee wrote:
Anniepen, This wasn't the case last season and looking at the site it will let me book skis for tomorrow to be picked up after 4pm today. snowHead

Oh good Very Happy It's a couple of years since we used them and those were the rules then - useful to know
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just go and haggle in the local shops. I always matched the on-line price by doing this, or better.

Be prepared to walk if they can't match your budget.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah, they will normally match the online price.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK, if I can't book online, I'll haggle, based on a quote I'll get here and print out.

sah, One if the reasons I went for a TO were the great flights time with a scheduled airline (BA), but BA now charge £80 for ski carriage - more than hiring new skis!

Thanks for the advice.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
michael stocking, Whatever happens please pick this thread up again and let us know how you get on Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has anyone had any more updated since 2010 on this, off to la Plagne Montalbert next week, we are staying in a hotel a way from the resort so its a bit of a gamble, are the prices sill cheaper to get online?
ski holidays
Erm BA charge nothing for skis if it's your only hold bag?
ski holidays
I think you need to read the original posting and title, it was about ski hire not hold bags.
snow conditions
michael stocking wrote:
OK, if I can't book online, I'll haggle, based on a quote I'll get here and print out.

sah, One if the reasons I went for a TO were the great flights time with a scheduled airline (BA), but BA now charge £80 for ski carriage - more than hiring new skis!
Thanks for the advice.
snow report
I did the book in resort Online and printed off the voucher and then returned to the shop, this was March 2012 in Les duex alpes.

Saved me 90 euros and change.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy