Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Myself and 17 others will be venturing to La Rosiere for a week on the 19th December. I was wondering if anyone had any tips of good places to eat or ski or indeed any other snippets of information that may be useful.

Many thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski on the Italian side in La Thuile better pistes better slopes and food is a lot cheaper on the mountain. There is some great snow their at the moment enjoy I love the skiing there. Sorry but know nothing about the village of la Rosiere apart from it quite small.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, See here wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timberwolf, I'm bored ans have a terrble case of msn-plague (much worse than man-flu)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sounds bad Frosty the Snowman - I won't tell you what I was Googling when that result came up Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it is affecting my fingers -(man-plague)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
... I was wondering if anyone had any tips ...

Many thanks snowHead

Cancel, get a refund and go elsewhere.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, I'm sure you'll stop for a vin chaud at le chalet at the bottom of Fontaine Froide, 18 of you should ensure that there's no room for anyone else. You'll probably also stop for a Chocolate Chaud or a Bombardino at the Roxy. For your evening out I'd suggest either Le Turia or Le Genepi, both in the centre or Petit Danois for a budget option. On Italian side you could try Lo Riondet which is on pista 7, easily recognised by the ice-tower. In the summer we ate at the Copperpan, not far from the gondola station and there a few more restaurants I want to visit, my son tells me that Le Chalet, by pista 16 near the start of the race course is worth a trip. Have a good holiday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidl, there is no way 18 of us would get the Vieux Chalet. Last time 2 of the party were in warming and I entered through that small door. Chants of HAGRID, HAGRID were not appreciated Laughing
Lo Riondet is a must this trip as none of us have ever stopped there. Petite Danois will suffice again and we shall do the one by Pista 16.

We will have another spiffing time I'm sure.

Ray Zorro, you are so predictable wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have been to La Rosiere twice, three and four years ago, Le Genepi is a really good restaurant, it's located in the main village area above a shop. Excellent food, nice ambience and friendly owner. It's the only restaurant in a ski resort we have repeatedly used.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

any tips of good places to ski

La Plagne
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, if I was going to ski another resort it would be Les Arcs....... which is superior in every way to its Paradiski twin wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you get a sunny lunchtime go on the terrace at the back of L'Ancolie at Les Eucherts where a pint of Warsteiner can be had plus a good dessert sharing platter where you get a little bit of several different puddings with 2 spoons, at least you did 3 years ago.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do go to Les Arcs after skiing La Rosiere in a day.
latest report
Quote:

Chants of HAGRID, HAGRID were not appreciated

Laughing and you only dropped in for a butterbeer!
snow conditions
Having been to la rosiere/la thuile and la plagne I much preferred the former. I like resorts like la rosiere where you can enjoy skiing in two different countries.

I would also recommend the cafe at the bottom of fontaine froide. Just make sure you ski faster than your group so you have time to enjoy a chocolat chaude and gauffre in front of the log burner before the rest of the group show up. Watch out for stones on the fontaine froide run - the snow cover wasn't great when we skiied it at new year a couple of years ago.

Buy a balaclava for the chair lift up to the fort.

The snow cover at la thuile will probably be better. There is a cheap cafe on the la thuile side (not the san bernando one - that is quite pricey). Prepare any ladies in your group for hole in the ground loos on the Italian side.

We stayed in Eucharts area and there are a few nice apres ski opportunities there. A small bowling alley, a cosy pancake cafe and a pizza restaurant. All less pricey than the main part of the resort where we were charged 3 euros for a yoghurt in a plastic pot for our daughter! There is a nice walk through the woods to get from one part of the resort to the other.

If l'ancolie is the smarter looking restaurant near les eucharts I'd give it a miss. The waitresses were incredibly rude when we went there.

When you have skied every piste in la rosiere and la thuile maybe you could spend a day at Sainte Foy.
ski holidays
kevin mcclean wrote:
Do go to Les Arcs after skiing La Rosiere in a day.
Now this post puzzles me when considering this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14990
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, good shout..... Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, You seem to go everywhere with 18 people, is it an entourage?
snow report
tiffin, same chalet, but 8 different friends. I usually take 3 family members, 6 cooks (1 course each), 5 masseurs (1 limb each), 2 ski techs ( 1ski each) and my butler.
ski holidays
Which lucky masseur gets the 5 limb?
snow report
Whichever one loses the morning draw Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy