Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

praise where praise is due to new BASI CEO

Poster: A snowHead
jjc, agreed, though I'm sure you'd do just fine as quality always wins through Very Happy

beanie1, only thing I'd add is I've often been told that many ESF franchisees take the oui-oui and don't stick to the rules on, well, anything much. Not on stagiere numbers per fully qualified, not on TT, not on years as a stagiere etc. Either they'd have to tighten up, they'd have to turn a blind eye to similar practices in British centres or all would agree on new less stringent rules.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
slikedges, true. But I think what would happen is simply the Brits would follow the rules, and the French continue to do what they do now - much like in many other aspects of EU life!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1,
Quote:

Remember the ski school in megeve, took legal action so it could employ who it wants. I have a friend that missed out on their eurotest and now works there. I think that the training centres are a great idea just not in france, not a fan of each country going toe to toe in court where the eu will side like it has in megeve.

my fear is if basi set the ball rolling with legal action and a ton of little Megeve ski schools pop up. not worried about the training centres.

anyway i should really get up and pack for going to sestola today Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jjc wrote:
beanie1,
Quote:

Remember the ski school in megeve, took legal action so it could employ who it wants. I have a friend that missed out on their eurotest and now works there. I think that the training centres are a great idea just not in france, not a fan of each country going toe to toe in court where the eu will side like it has in megeve.

anyway i should really get up and pack for going to sestola today Sad

eurotest opening duties? if that's the case let us know what went on when you get back from it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back, not much to report. just that austrians didn't bother to turn up for calibrations which is not cool. also italy had no opener in sestola so had 2 brits and 2 french. only 1 brit passed, a guy who i trained borrowed a set of my old opening skis and was 4 hundredths off! gutted for him!

oh and did have a chat about the training centres which was cool. they should be fine as the megeve thing can't happen again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jjc wrote:
Just back, not much to report. just that austrians didn't bother to turn up for calibrations which is not cool. also italy had no opener in sestola so had 2 brits and 2 french. only 1 brit passed, a guy who i trained borrowed a set of my old opening skis and was 4 hundredths off! gutted for him!

oh and did have a chat about the training centres which was cool. they should be fine as the megeve thing can't happen again.

only 1 brit passed. How many attended?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
around 15 i think Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jjc, do you think there's a higher proportion of Brits attending before they're ready than there would be from other nations?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
God save the queen .....
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13012011/58/renault-ditch-french-connections.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1, definitely, Italians have to pass a test just to get a start at one of their tests. I do believe BASI have all the relevant info as Susie Berry keeps them informed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jjc, are the French limited as to how many times they can attempt it?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beanie1 wrote:
jjc, are the French limited as to how many times they can attempt it?

Yes. Twice per season.
There is also a limit of how many seasons they can attempt the Eurotest. I think 4 seasons but i am not 100% certain of this.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Once they fail twice they start that level of qualification again, if they are a stagier they have four years to work whilst training. if they fail to get it in 4 years they can't work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Once they fail twice they start that level of qualification again, if they are a stagier they have four years to work whilst training. if they fail to get it in 4 years they can't work.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stewart woodward, thanks. I guess the French are therefore less likely to attempt it unless they're very confident they're close.
ski holidays
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy