Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good cross country ski shop in London ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone tell me a good shop in London to get kitted up with a set of XC skis, boots and bindings ? I'm looking for a large choice and expert advice rather thean maximal cheapness. Main interest is mountain touring in the English lakes and the Pyrenees but I will actually most likely use them on the South Downs in the 2 days a year we get any snow here.

I am aware of Euroski in Seaford and am pursuing that separately, but it's more convenient for me to buy in London atm.

Many thanks,

Boo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads Boo2.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't anywhere in London that stocks any XC kit. It's just not popular enough.

If you do find somewhere then I'll be interested as I'm potentially after some myself.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Worth a call to Ski Bartlett. They are a bit further out, but may be able to help. I don't know from experience, but they seem to have some XC kit in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try:
http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/

Bit of a bus ride though!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used to have a complete set... took it to the tip a few years back...

what a muppet... Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You could ask Iain, he's up in N6 - maybe not acres of selection, but good advice.

http://www.rollerski.co.uk/buy.html

PG
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boo2, Hi and welcome to Snowheads.

Here is a link to the London club's list of suppliers: http://www.londonnordic.org.uk/links/

As you will see, Iain is the only one actually in London. I agree with PG09, Iain will give you good advice, but I don't think he stocks what you want.

A lot of people in the UK shop with Telemark Pyrenees. http://www.ski-touring.com/

I have had good service and advice from them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FlyingStantoni, isn't Morzine full of shops with XC gear?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Intersport has a range of 2 skis - 1 mens, 1 ladies - and 4 boots - 2 mens, 2 ladies. It's hardly an overwhelming choice.

I think it's a sport mainly done by the locals. And I suspect they mostly shop in Vieux Campeur.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni, Les Saisies seems to have quite a lot - though I've not really explored the range in any detail, and don't know enough to judge it anyway. But I suppose that as XC resorts go, it's a good one.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just thought I'd post to thank averyone who replies and mention that I got kitted out by Euroki in Seaford in the end. Their website is http://www.crosscountryskis.co.uk/ if anyone is interested (no relation).

Thanks again,

Boo
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
pam w, Intersport has a range of 2 skis - 1 mens, 1 ladies - and 4 boots - 2 mens, 2 ladies. It's hardly an overwhelming choice.

I think it's a sport mainly done by the locals. And I suspect they mostly shop in Vieux Campeur.

Vieux Campeur's a good bet. As is Telemark Pyrenees and Sport Conrad.

Or, if you want to fondle before buying, and you have a car, why not drive to Chamonix? It isn't far from Morzine, and there's a great selection of AT shops.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Late to the party....in case anyone is still looking for Cross country skis, try these guys www.kneissl-uk.com. Back bringing Kneissl to the UK so might be able to help you
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But sadly Kneissl haven't got any XC skis in their catalogue.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nordicfan wrote:
But sadly Kneissl haven't got any XC skis in their catalogue.

email me and i will get them to send you info
ski holidays
nordicfan,

http://www.kneissl-uk.com./en/products/winter/nordic
snow conditions
clarky999, Thanks - I didn't spot that.
snow conditions
nordicfan, no worries. If you can get hold of Mark Limebear at Kneissl UK, he's very helpful.
ski holidays
limey off piste, Given you're keen to pimp Kneissl

Any comment on the impending liquidation?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77368

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 17-06-11 22:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
fatbob, I nearly got involved with Kneissl UK a couple of weeks ago, and may still do in September when I have a bit more free money. They're still looking to set up deals with ski schools etc, there are a couple of GB team athletes being set up with skis for next season and the new Rockstar and Ridestar skis were due to be delivered today, so it would seem at least the UK part are doing OK...
snow report
clarky999, But surely if the manufacturer is dead then they've only got whatever stock they've got to run out. Until someone picks up the name and has them made in China maybe?
ski holidays
fatbob, I don't know tbh, but I didn't pick up on any concerns (not that that necessarily means much).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy