Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just a quick hello, just joined the site

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to quickly say hi! Smile

I found this forum this morning and joined on the hope that I can talk skiing to like minded people instead of boring my non skiing friends with it!

I'm 24 and currently living in North Wales. I'm very much a beginner to skiing having only started this year but I'm already very addicted and on count down to my first skiing holiday on snow. So far I have only been having lessons on artificial surfaces.

In the next month or so I hope to start buying my own kit so I'm hoping you guys will come in very useful in helping me buy the right makes ect and I'm sure I will have loads of simple / stupid skiing questions I will need answering along the way Very Happy . Seeing all this snow we have in the UK has spurred me on to buy my own ski's as I live by so many hills and mountains that have a good covering of snow and I feel like I'm really missing out!!

Other than skiing I'm mainly into water sports (as you'd expect living in North Wales!) ; Kayaking, wakeboarding, surfing ect.

Hope to chat to some of you soon and I would be interested to hear from other people in my area re good local places to ski if we get a good covering of snow this winter!

Millie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Millie10, you have come to the right place. Welcome. Where abouts in N Wales are from? I'm originally from Pwllheli.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Millie10, welcome to snowHeads... snowHead

Just watch out for Scarpa - he lives in North Wales and likes watersports too... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Shimmy. I'm split between two areas and either spent my time in the Pwllheli area of further up the A55 in Denbighshire

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-12-10 18:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads Millie10 snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother, Laughing behave

Millie10, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67725 there's some passionate pobl Cymraeg on that thread.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Millie10, welcome - there's another new member just signed up in your area americanskier. Big snowHead recruitment drive in North Wales eh wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother wrote:

Just watch out for Scarpa - he lives in North Wales and likes watersports too... Toofy Grin

Post of the day, take a bow that man, take a bow! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think you'd do better to hire skis the first year. As a beginner you'll want different skis to those you will need when you get the hang of it and start to ski faster and put more pressure on them.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
stoatsbrother wrote:

Post of the day, take a bow that man, take a bow! Laughing

I did a bit of kayaking in my younger days on the River Dee through Chester and also on the local Alyn but haven't indulged for a long time now. Can't possibly imagine what else you could have meant Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Millie10, Don't worry, we are a friendly bunch really. I'm meant to be ice climbing with Swirly and co tomorrow but if they can't make it I'll be taking my old skis up behind Mold and seeing if there are any turns to be had.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Millie10, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Take no notice of Shimmy Alcott, she won't take my advice and buy a decent car. wink Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Millie10, Watch out, looks likeSpyderman, Is going to try to sell you a landrover Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swirly has a full team at the moment and conditions are unknown so I'm using him as a human guinea pig. I'll ski tomorrow and if the ice is good I may join them in the mountians on Sunday.
snow conditions
Millie10, what more can you want , an invitation from the masters themselves, for some bdsm watersports and a new car, and all this on a ski forum, Welcome BTW Very Happy
snow report
Millie10, welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
Millie10, welcome to snowHead

I'm just up the road from you in Llangollen - spend quite a bit of the time on the Dee when I get the chance (and it's warmer!)
ski holidays
Millie10, Bienvenue a snowHead 's.
snow report
Thank's for all the welcomes, good to see a few North Walians on here Very Happy
snow report
Welcome to ze mad house! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy