Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Closed due to snow (title edit: GVA now open)

Poster: A snowHead
thefatcontroller wrote:

Good luck spyderman. Did the swansea boys head back to Tignes?

They've just left on their way back to Tignes, James is driving them. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, Respect to them on many levels. Either divorce or death is on the horizon for them. James is driving them on a icy, snowy night Shocked Skullie Skullie Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller wrote:

Also no hotel rooms to be had in Geneva. Last night they were charging 1000 swiss francs for a room

What about on the French side at Ferney-Voltaire? There are several (usually reasonably priced) hotels there?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, What's the feeling like at the airport as to whether it will open tomorrow?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, It's gone really quiet here, the airport have organised a free pasta night at the restaurant at the station and they've sorted our camp beds for tonight. It's not snowing, so there's a good chance they'll clear the runway/taxiways for opening tomorrow, as long as it doesn't snow anymore.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, Good hope it goes well for you and the rest in there tonight, give them my regards and I hope we all get home safe tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Couldn't get to Geneva from Amsterdam this evening.

KLM have booked passengers on 7.30 flight and I'm on the 10.25 flight.

If Geneva is still closed, will try to get to CH via Zurich.

KLM putting me up in a very nice hotel - NH - tonight.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
one or two flights got out of Lyon today but many people were diverted to Marseilles.

Chambery... well forget it, I don't think they even own a snowplough.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, thefatcontroller, Just said on local TV Gatwick may not open at 10.00am tomorrow, weather forecast is for more snow as well. May I suggest you hire a car this evening from the French side. Drive to Calais cross as foot passengers and then hire car in Dover.
OR
If GVA opens maybe an Ez flight to Bournemouth or Bristol will work ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, I'm BA into Heathrow so more hope for me
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brunny, thank you, but the world and his brother (who are all in GVA) have done that!
Colin B, I think the taxis have been fairly few and far between, and the cost of getting 10 of us 10k in this weather... Shocked

My sleeping attire tonight shall be thermals and sallopettes after freezing last night. I think that the heating is turned off and the air con put on after 0200...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle, Hire a car and drive, snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh doesn't it annoy you when the page turns and you don't notice rolling eyes Laughing
Boredsurfing, We're all booked into Luton. Fingers crossed that this place does open in the morning - we're beginning to get the odd humour failure Little Angel
(Spydie still hasn't blamed easyJet yet though wink Laughing )
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, Good choice weather for Luton tomorrow looks OK, vey cold tho. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had a text at 4.20am from BA to say our 2pm flight now cancelled. So Be Nice please! of. Of to airport shortly yo scream at BA. Got to get home today so going to look for flight out of Zurich or Paris.

Ok Mr. Snow. I give in. You win.
snow report
GVA is calling flights to the gates, so it looks like the runway is open. LHR BA flights are showing cancelled. Don't know why.
snow report
Spyderman, Good luck. Hope you get away.
snow conditions
Gatwick looks like it's closed at least until this evening, plus no trains south of Croydon
snow conditions
Looks like I'm a go from Amsterdam Smile
ski holidays
We have boarding cards for Luton.

Get me outa here!!!!!!
latest report
Spyderman wrote:
Gatwick looks like it's closed at least until this evening, plus no trains south of Croydon

Gatwick stays closed till tomorrow morning now. Sad
snow report
BA Geneva still screwed. On way to Zurich by train to get 2.50pm to Heathrow.
snow report
Delays and cancellations on trains to Zurich...................... Crying or Very sad You got to laugh. Damn Swiss, bit of snow and the country falls to bits Laughing Laughing
latest report
Good luck everyone! No Southern trains today at all they're reporting. Snow actually on the ground here in central London!
latest report
BBC just said LGW closed until at least 6am tomorrow earliest, but more snow forecast. Why don't airports put out a request on local radio for local people willing to put stranded folks up - or have they?
snow report
Train to Zurich cancelled. Signal problems (wrong kind of snow Laughing ) at Lausanne. Now on train to Berne and catching connection to Zurich. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Yes....after 2 days we are on a mode of transport that is moving. Train to Bern is on the go. Not sure for how long but nice to be moving. Lovely scenery is Swiss countryside. Very, very white
snow conditions
Any news on the easyjet crew in Geneva? We are still making progress to Bern and then Zurich
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Transfer train to Zurich delayed by 17 mins Shocked Shocked

Christ this is going to be tight
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Any news on the easyjet crew in Geneva? We are still making progress to Bern and then Zurich

They were scheduled to land at Luton an hour ago. No updates yet though.
ski holidays
Mrsfatcontroller just got the giggles as the train went through Wankdorf. Say it fast. Excellent name. Who wouldn't want to live in Wankdorf Toofy Grin. All men must surely dream daily of being (in) Wankdorf.
ski holidays
Glad you having fun Smile
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

They were scheduled to land at Luton an hour ago. No updates yet though.

Thought it had gone rather quiet in here wink
latest report
Missed Be Nice please! flight
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, oh $hit! Now what?
ski holidays
Who would have though it? Flight missed because of a delayed Swiss train!!! thefatcontroller, it is not your lucky day. Sad
snow conditions
This is better than The Archers!
snow report
Oh dear, this trip report is going to be one worth reading when Spydie gets around to writing it!
We left GVA on time and landed in Luton safely, so most of us are back in the UK!!!
Mr & Mrs Phorn are on a train to London and then heading west towards home. Kitty and Spyderman are home and homphomp and I are with them, unable to travel any further. Wear The Fox Hat arrived home at 0530 this morning after being stuck stationary on a train north of Gatwick for 6 hours and Nells is in Paris.

homphomp and I are going to make a concerted effort (when we've had some sleep after spending 29hrs in Geneva) to get home tomorrow, and then at some point I suppose we must all try to get to Gatwick to pick up the cars...
ski holidays
Michelle, welcome back!

But was the skiing any good?
snow report
rob@rar, Did we go skiing. Can't remember

Latest. We are now booked on 16.40 to London City and then we will get taxi across to Heathrow. Howecerrrrrr. Tthey are not sure if London City is open.

Update on London City airport status appreciated. On blackberry so screen to small

Annoyingly when we got to Zurich our flight was there and late but they refused to open the gates for the 20 delayed on the trains. 1/2 empty plane left Zurich????
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy