Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Closed due to snow (title edit: GVA now open)

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, when going to airport, can you take wine for Michelle, I suspect that their supplies may be running short by now Laughing wink
I hope the hotel was one of your Hi loyalty freebies Toofy Grin

And some more pizzas would go down well too I would imagine!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marcellus wrote:

Ah yes, but you know a lot of locals wait for the actual snow to arrive before they switch tyres...

Guess when they are off piste they wait till they spot an avalanche before turning their beacon on too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stood with snowheads in Geneva airport. Supplies all ok, beer flowing. Nells moved from rum to beer to conserve supplies for tonight. Ray Zorro is dead for his jinx. Michelle is giggly. Kitty had her mobile stolen. Average day for these guys
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Kitty had her mobile stolen

didn't she also have the passport malfunction on the way out? Been a memorable trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, Yep but in fairness their spirits (hic!) are high. anyone into some insider trading I would buy shares in whoever owns Geneva airport as they are making a fortune in the shops and bars.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want to save some cash there's a Migros at the station level although they don't sell booze (you probably knew this anyway)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There must be nearly 20+ cm down to the lake in Geneva by now. Take a look at the webcams and it is still snowing now.

http://www.camvista.com/watch-live-video/europe/switzerland/geneva_live_webcam.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, There is a booze shop quite close to the Migros though. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcrazy, 20cm...and the rest. Its just a blanket constantly falling. Airport closed to 6pm earliest. We are now on a 2pm flight tomorrow earliest Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, I was talking about at the lake side, I had nearly 40cm in my garden when I left for work. Had to follow the snowplough down the hill too get out. But the roads are ok now. Good on the Swiss road clearing plus winter tyres. Which hotel have they put you all in or are you at the airport. Send me a PM.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still snowing Crying or Very sad Sad Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
... Ray Zorro is dead for his jinx...

I said I hope it rains - I bet they (and you) are wishing that it was!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I hear it's closed until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, I-Spy is a good game if you are stuck in an airport.

I spy with my little eye - something beginning with "S"

I was thinking of snow if you hadn't guessed it! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had Pizza & Beer, very nice. Hopefully getting out on a flight to Luton in the morning. GVA is confirmed closed until at least 18.00 today, but it's snowing heavier than ever now, so there's no chance of that happening. Another night in the terminal.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
marcellus wrote:

Ah yes, but you know a lot of locals wait for the actual snow to arrive before they switch tyres...

Guess when they are off piste they wait till they spot an avalanche before turning their beacon on too.

I found a surprising number of lakeside locals who didn't bother with winter tyres as they have their own microclimate and the snow tends not to stick around for too long. If you don't go up into the mountains you may get away with it. And there is always the very efficient public transport.
ski holidays
well at least it shows that it can all go wrong in europe as well and they are not weather proof
latest report
Using the most intellectual means of measuring the depth of the snow - we've come to the conclusion that we've had two inches in 1 1/2 hrs.
I've also had 1 1/2 hrs sleep since yesterday morning pre skiing, and consumed copious amounts of alcohol.
Mrs Phorn also has monkeys dangly bits left in her bag.
snow conditions
Hi all in Geneva Airport. I have some old update from midday:
AIRPORT CLOSED - SITUATION AT 12:00pm

Because of the prevailing weather conditions, Geneva International Airport is closed to air traffic until wednesday, the 1st of December at 6:00pm.

We therefore advise passengers not to come to the airport for the time being.

A further bulletin will be provided on this site at about 4:00pm.

But CERN are keeping us updated, so I will pass any information on.

I am hoping t get into town for a fondue, not sure it is worth it, might just walk home.

PS. I done have my winter tyres yet, sat lunchtime for me Smile
snow conditions
Michelle wrote:
Using the most intellectual means of measuring the depth of the snow - we've come to the conclusion that we've had two inches in 1 1/2 hrs.

Surely the bottle must be chilled by now then... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
brunny, Bad timing on the winter tyres then... Laughing Welcome to snowHead
snow report
5 mins to 4pm announcement on whether airport opens tonight. I bet on closed looking at snow falling outside.

Anyone able to check forecast for tomorrow for Geneva please. Thanks.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

Kitty had her mobile stolen.
Oh FFS, poor Kitty! What a birthday. Skullie I'm also wondering how Nells and WTFH are going to get home at all in the near future - surely Coldharbour must be snowed in?
snow report
Clear tomorrow before more snow Friday.
snow conditions
any one planning on driving out instead - hvae two staff stuck at Gatwick!!
snow conditions
Colin B, Thanks, looking out window it does seem to be lightening
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

Kitty had her mobile stolen.
Oh FFS, poor Kitty! What a birthday. Skullie I'm also wondering how Nells and WTFH are going to get home at all in the near future - surely Coldharbour must be snowed in?

WTFH has gone home by train etc... and split from the main party. Not sure how he is doing?
snow report
thefatcontroller, gone straight to work, I should think. (Is it snowy in Leicester?)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rats and sinking ships spring to mind Very Happy Was he muttering "Wouldn't happen in the States" wink
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, if the place is going to be closed overnight, why don't you go into Geneva and get a hotel? It's not like it's a long way.
ski holidays
GVA is now closed until 6.00am tomorrow. Hotel room 1000 sf a night. Camp beds for us again if we're lucky. It has just stopped snowing though so there's hope for tomorrow.
snow report
Lizzard, my brothers lives 5 minutes from airport. Just arrived at his house. Never seen such a white city as the one just seen driving to his place. Only snowing very lightly now.

Also no hotel rooms to be had in Geneva. Last night they were charging 1000 swiss francs for a room

Good luck spyderman. Did the swansea boys head back to Tignes?
snow conditions
Spyderman There is a Ibis quite close to the airport I have stayed at before that is reasonably priced (certainly less than 1000chf a night).
snow conditions
Doesn't the airport pay for hotel? There was a huge queue for this last year (and I had assumed it was comped) when I got caught before christmas so we didn't bother but having spent one night at GVA I would never do it again. The worst was that they wouldn't even let people stay in the BK/Starbucks area so all we had was the cold floor. I think they kindly provided a half litre bottle of mineral water at 4a.m. Empty Camelbak bladder blown up and tucked into a hoody makes a half decent pillow.
latest report
ibis Archamps Porte de Genève - £72, has vacancies, 10km away.
latest report
Crying or Very sad that all sounds truly miserable.
snow conditions
Just seen a pic of GVA on the TV showing pairs of feet sticking out of the checking luggage conveyers.. hope they don't switch them on suddenly Shocked
ski holidays
Also if you get into town there are lots of hotel near the train station (trains go between there and airport). Only ones I have stayed at is Hotel Lido and hotel Nashville, but there are loads.
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots wrote:
brunny, Bad timing on the winter tyres then... Laughing Welcome to snowHead

Thanks for the welcome. It is indeed bad timing. Just hope I can get it to the garage. Then skiing on Sunday.
snow conditions
If flights are not running tomorrow then we are going to look at the train option
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy