Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Closed due to snow (title edit: GVA now open)

Poster: A snowHead
Wasn't a problem when I was there about 6 weeks ago, must have run out of soap and shampoo since.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, no, not there last weekend but we're flying out on Monday (hopefully!) for a week. Was there at Easter and didn't notice then so it'll be disappointing if so.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Update from Geneva: There is snow falling heavily. I have heard that the French schools have been closed because they expect lots of snow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brunny, Here we go again... Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Uh-oh Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gabby Logan moaning on R5 about her 4 hours waiting in Zurich last night. 4 hours try 50 luv. Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mrsfatcontroller wrote:
Sadly standards have dropped Sad The whole grunge, no washing, greasy hair, beanie and wearing dirty saloppetes hanging half way down your ar*e is ok but not in a restaurant or kitchen.

Have to agree with this one, plus the delightful aroma of vomit in the corridor all weekend. However I thought the food was better than last time we went, my ski's were great fun and the snow was great............ right up the part it snowed in Annecy!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, how did your interview go?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good thread.

So it's not just in the UK who are being hemed in by the white stuff. Hope its making as much fuss on their TVs as well and people have go to where they were heading.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seems like the snowing is stopping, so I guess if the airport is open now, then it will be fine.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

plus the delightful aroma of vomit in the corridor all weekend

Sad Sad Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone who throws up in the corridor of a hotel should be thrown out into the snow forthwith - whether guest or staff. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Home...72 hours. Not bad.

Just had text from friend who is just taking off from Geneva Cool Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jonm wrote:
Quote:

plus the delightful aroma of vomit in the corridor all weekend

Sad Sad Sad

Hope they've cleaned up by Wednesday Shocked .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It still makes mrsfatcontroller giggle

latest report
thefatcontroller, I would hope you can do more than just a 'giggle' for her..
ski holidays
Nells wrote:
mrsfatcontroller wrote:
Sadly standards have dropped Sad The whole grunge, no washing, greasy hair, beanie and wearing dirty saloppetes hanging half way down your ar*e is ok but not in a restaurant or kitchen.

Have to agree with this one, plus the delightful aroma of vomit in the corridor all weekend. However I thought the food was better than last time we went, my ski's were great fun and the snow was great............ right up the part it snowed in Annecy!

A friend of mine has been trying to get a response on either phone/pm for a couple of days now (to book a holiday) makes you wonder if it isn't just the skiers going downhill in Les Boisses. Confused
latest report
Schuss in Boots wrote:

A friend of mine has been trying to get a response on either phone/pm for a couple of days now

Do you think there's some connection here ? Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
snow conditions
geepee, Well, yes I did think so (told them that too) but it's really not very good to get no reply whatsoever for several days. Confused (or have I missed the point....?) Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
It still makes mrsfatcontroller giggle

Is there a G missing?
wink

only joking, no offence intended snowHead
latest report
Nells, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Nells wrote:
mrsfatcontroller wrote:

Have to agree with this one, plus the delightful aroma of vomit in the corridor all weekend. However I thought the food was better than last time we went,

My take on it: Food was better, I agree about the staff in the main, however the boot/ski tech guy was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
Vomit in the corridor was down to some low-life punter being shitfaced at 3.00am, no excuses really, the staff did clear it up, but the smell lingered.
The staff didn't seem to interact with the clients like they used to, Steve, Lindsey & Roger are a hard act to follow.

James has got to be the fastest transfer driver ever, if he can't get you there nobody can.

The new manager (Piers??) deemed to spend most of the time sitting at the bar, no real interaction like the staff of old.

Things move on, it's still great value, food better than ever, I'd still go back.
latest report
Looked on line and BA have found our ski bag. Good news but one good insurance claim now not going to happen Sad Laughing

Need the skis etc in the bag as we are off again 4 weeks yesterday but this time we are driving Cool
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
The staff didn't seem to interact with the clients like they used to, Steve, Lindsey & Roger are a hard act to follow.

James has got to be the fastest transfer driver ever, if he can't get you there nobody can.

The new manager (Piers??) deemed to spend most of the time sitting at the bar, no real interaction like the staff of old.

Things move on, it's still great value, food better than ever, I'd still go back.

Better put than I did wink Laughing , fair comments though I think they make life difficult for themselves with the 'hot' option for breakfast. I would can that and just put out a big pot of porridge. I missed my porridge. Skiers food is porridge.
snow conditions
Stuff the food. I hate porridge, anyway. What we want to know is, can you ski from Les Boisses, ie is the vital lift (no idea of name of it) open and can you ski back there?
ski holidays
Quote:

can you ski from Les Boisses, ie is the vital lift (no idea of name of it) open

It's called Boisses Toofy Grin

(Don't know the answer though... but I will know on Monday)
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Anyone who throws up in the corridor of a hotel should be thrown out into the snow forthwith - whether guest or staff. Evil or Very Mad

Agreed! Hopefully this was reported to staff in resort at the time? Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

A friend of mine has been trying to get a response on either phone/pm for a couple of days now (to book a holiday) makes you wonder if it isn't just the skiers going downhill in Les Boisses. Confused

Very sorry you feel like this and can only apologise for my being difficult to get hold of. I had to go out to Tignes myself as we have had a couple of problems and was affected, like many of you on this thread, by travel disruption on the way home. I was frantic, because on Monday night my 4 year old was taken into hospital and all I wanted to do was get to him. I got home to a very poorly little boy, who came out of hospital and needed care at home for the rest of the week and weekend. While in hospital he also picked up a nasty flu ... which I've now got! BUT I'm here, working AND able to answer the phone again.

I hope your friend has now had a response - please get them to contact me if not!!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 7-12-10 14:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Joanne Mountainsun, Sad hope the little lad will soon be 100%.
snow conditions
Joanne Mountainsun, Oh dear, that sounds like a rough week. Sad Sad Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure of the current status, but I will pass on the message. I hope your little boy gets well soon.
snow report
I've read with interest all the comments on this thread and am sorry that some of you have not had as good an experience as in previous years. We have had some changes in staff, including management, at Les Melezes and as a result have been a little short staffed at an exceptionally busy time and have been fighting hard to get fully back on track!

We're on our way and hope that those of you heading out this weekend will have some positive feedback!

ALL feedback, especially in difficult times where we're trying to improve, is extremely valuable to us and we would really appreciate it if you could email direct (joanne.mountainsunltd@talktalk.net) and let us know ... and also tell staff in resort if you feel they can help you. By all means put your feedback on the forum too, I'm not suggesting you keep it quiet!! but please let me know too - if this thread hadn't been pointed out to me by a fellow snowhead I would have never seen it and been none the wiser about what was being said.

We have had some direct feedback too and will respond to anyone who has written in as soon has possible.

We apologise - we've requested bums be kept in trousers and faces washed and shaved!! And I hope you'll find us as you'd expect ... and if you don't please let us know!!

Have a great time all who are on their way! Joanne.
snow conditions
Joanne Mountainsun, Hope your little boy is getting better.

We had a great weekend snowHead Just a few minor things which probably appear worse on here than they were due to fatigue and travel grumpiness!

On balance, we had another great weekend and we will be back

snowHead
ski holidays
Geneva Airport closed until 09h00 local due snow. Hmmmm. There's only about 3cm in my garden so I hope they have more down there.

And Easyjet flight checker showing most Geneva departure from this morning at 06h30 as "scheduled". Very helpful.

Not.
snow report
Abouty 20cm of fresh stuff in my garden this morning, at the lake level about 15 miles from Geneva Airport
latest report
Whitters, must be heavier closer to the Jura then, maybe 4cm now in Chêne-Bourg.

50cm reported in Morzine though!
snow conditions
Quote:

50cm reported in Morzine though!

From my experience there last weekend, it will be greatly welcomed Very Happy
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
Geneva Airport closed until 09h00 local due snow. Hmmmm. There's only about 3cm in my garden so I hope they have more down there.

And Easyjet flight checker showing most Geneva departure from this morning at 06h30 as "scheduled". Very helpful.

Not.

Still scheduled, just delayed. They've gone and due to land at 1214.
ski holidays
Our neighbour arrived late last night and drove behind snow ploughs a lot of the way from Troyes.
and on the airport website at the moment:

Airport open - Situation at 10:30

Despite the unfavourable weather conditions, Geneva International Airport is currently open.

We recommend that passengers who have to catch a flight present themselves two hours before it is due to depart.

Because of problems with traffic, it is better to come to the airport by public transport.
latest report
Michelle, still, it's not terribly helpful is it? GVA website been mostly down most of the morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy