Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
midgetbiker wrote:
What!!! You were in town and didn't head up for the last alpine day!!
I am an heretic Madeye-Smiley

midgetbiker wrote:
Fresh tracks !!!!!!!!!!
La-la-laaaa I can't hear you.

I arrived back in sunny (!) London yesterday. Good to be back in my own bed but already miss Cham. Only seven months till the start of next season (or 233 days, 23 hours and 41 minutes to be exact).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

a final seasons ski off the back side of GM to the glacier floor and traverse out was even worth the 10 min walk back out on the muddy track

You forgot to mention that your actual 'final seasons ski' was the 200m of brown-snow slithering that you did alongside that muddy track whilst you were overtaken by anybody who cared to stroll past. . . (that'd be me)!

Nice to have been there for the opening and closing days of GM though - right, where did I put my cricket bat?
Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ww166no wrote:
Quote:

a final seasons ski off the back side of GM to the glacier floor and traverse out was even worth the 10 min walk back out on the muddy track

You forgot to mention that your actual 'final seasons ski' was the 200m of brown-snow slithering that you did alongside that muddy track whilst you were overtaken by anybody who cared to stroll past. . . (that'd be me)!

Nice to have been there for the opening and closing days of GM though - right, where did I put my cricket bat?
Very Happy

strange - but in my memory of it, once i had my skis back on, I overtook you as you yomped down the track in your flexy touring boots.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
midgetbiker, I was there you definetly overtook him! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

strange - but in my memory of it, once i had my skis back on, I overtook you as you yomped down the track in your flexy touring boots.

Indeed you did. . . but what about when you had to stop and take them off again at the bottom of your lengthy excursion from the mud?

Still you definitely got the last ski that day . . .

Quote:

midgetbiker, I was there you definetly overtook him! snowHead

Ah Guernseyfreerider, so that was you was it? I'd never seen anyone with skins on blades before. . . Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Papering over the cracks. Wonder what will happen in a high wind?

http://www.ledauphine.com/haute-savoie/2011/05/20/750m-2-de-bache-pour-ralentir-la-fonte-du-glacier-d-argentiere
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not every year you see that!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, it reflects the sun off the glacier slowing down melt
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting idea, but it seems to cover a very small area. Surely would make more sense to cover more?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its over the first steep part of the decent onto the glacier. I guess if it melts it will make the entry onto the glacier more difficult to keep safe.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Twitter is abuzz with reports of snowfall in Chamonix today (up to 50cm). Apparently there's a bit of a powder frenzy going on!

Now... would this, technically, still be part of the 2010/2011 season or should it be counted towards the 2011/2012 season?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just saw a picture posted by blackcrows skis on facebook.... 50cm might be a slight over-estimate, but it looks like enough to ski on. I'd say there'll be a few powder patches around Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy