Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on, who's got snow in the UK then?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

snow? What snow?

This snow, Michelle,

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

On the plus side I have a big fire burning on the drive

You've set fire to the car Circusthing ? Shocked I know it'll be no use for a while, but a bit extreme don't you think Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 17-12-10 15:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyrew, not due to get to us until much later this evening apparently...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, the snow in Marylebone has gone now, thank goodness, therefore will be able to get bike home without too much hassle (that's assuming its okay in Richmond, but I'm not going to think about that until I get within a mile or so...)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Batman_123, snow's gone from the roads but it's been replaced with ice instead. Be very careful!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We had this very interesting bank of cloud out to sea earlier!

Turning around to walk back into the house, this was looming overhead!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Batman_123, hope that you got back okay!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About a foot on the ground here, more forecast for tomorrow and Sunday Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scooby + Winter Tyres at 5pm, no problem wink

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sideshow_Bob,
Quote:

snow's gone from the roads but it's been replaced with ice instead.
Not kidding - roads and pavements in Richmond are lethal! Be careful you two.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, cheers, staggering out to pub then curry house momentarily. Fortunately both are within 30 yards of my front door and if the snow continues I should be able to ski to either Smile It seemed to stop almost as quick as it started mind, with some really nice bright sunshine mid-afternoon. Have to see what tomorrow brings, meant to be on the river rowing at 7.45am Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sideshow_Bob,
Quote:

meant to be on the river rowing at 7.45am
Cripes. From my experience last winter, the worst bit is avoiding the downhill skate into the drink while carrying the boat! Skullie
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sideshow_Bob,
Quote:

some really nice bright sunshine mid-afternoon
Yeah, I was looking out of the window on to some Georgian facades and snowy roofscapes against a bright blue sky - looked like something out of Dickens, really beautiful.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
Sideshow_Bob,
Quote:

snow's gone from the roads but it's been replaced with ice instead.
Not kidding - roads and pavements in Richmond are lethal! Be careful you two.

They are indeed lethal, just turned the corner to side street leading home to see a man go head over heels when walking across the road. Swiftly decided to attempt to get off the bike and walk home, road was like an ice rink, don't think I'd have fared very well on the bike!

Hmm, yes, rowing will be interesting tomorrow. Might need more clothing than will need in Alpe D'Huez next week!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Batman_123, hubby slid off his bike on a roundabout in the ice once. He was nearly ran over by his student, who looked in her rear view mirror and saw him picking himself the road. She didn''t stop as she saw he was alive Shocked .
snow report
Snowing now in Manchester.
ski holidays
Just walked back from my local - the road through my village is white and looking out on to my patio there is about 10cm of fresh - could be first tracks on Parbold Hill in the morning. Very Happy
ski holidays
snowbandit, Parbold Hill, is that wigan? i may be up for a bit of that. the mrs is on a night shift so i need to occupy myself tomorrow and get out of the house for the day!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
Mr forecaster on BBC at 6.30pm said there would be NO snow for warrington, in fact the whole Cheshire area, looking outside my window at 9pm, there is at least 10-15cm, lovely fluffy stuff, and its still going, forecasters lol........ Laughing Laughing
latest report
neilkav, is there really that much, crazy, im in Worsley West Manchester, 15 miles from you and probably 3cm here!!!
snow conditions
Quote:

neilkav, is there really that much, crazy, im in Worsley West Manchester, 15 miles from you and probably 3cm here!!!

Ricklovesthepowder, looks like your wish is about to be granted:

Fun to see the circulation around the low on that!
ski holidays
Bit disappointing here. After the deluge of a few weeks back which still hasn't completely melted all we got yesterday was a dusting which promptly froze solid.
ski holidays
About 4" of the stuff on The Wirral, started at 19:00 p.m tonight, settled very nicely.
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Bit disappointing here. After the deluge of a few weeks back which still hasn't completely melted all we got yesterday was a dusting which promptly froze solid.

It's the total oopposite of the other week. When on your side of the pennines had neaerly 1 foot, we had a few mm here. Today the weather is coming from the north west so the West of the pennines id gettong most of it. It started snowinf here at 8pm, it is now a good 3" deep. Where i am in Worsley, Manchester im only about 30m above sea level but the amount is amazing!!! Very Happy
latest report
Mattyboy, some fresh falling now at work in Bromborough but we have about 2 inch. Are you on the Welsh side? Tend to get much more than Liverpool side.
snow report
I was supposed to be working in High Wycombe today but managed to arrange to work in Swindon so only have to travel 3 miles instead of 66 today. And it's bucketing down here. I'm gonna have to change my name now! snowHead
snow report
started up here at 7:35 and bucketing down now....think thats a nail in the coffin for getting to bracknell this morning for my lad's first ski lesson Shocked snowHead boo
snow conditions
A good 4" here in west Manchester. Up in Oldham and even Warrington there are reports of 8-9" of snow lying around!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
About 1/2 inch in Guiseley (home) and same in Bradford (work)
latest report
No new snow here - still got huge heaps from the last lot though. We drove through a village last night where the road still hasn't been fully cleared and where the partial thaw has added a coating of black ice. I was being closely tailgated by someone in a 4x4 and we were in ours. Despite being really careful I got into a small slide when all 4 wheels were on ice on a bend, but because I was going slowly I got traction & steering back fine and gently made my way through. The numpty behind apparently panicked & braked and slid into the kerb, luckily missing the cars left in the street as people still can't get in/out of driveways on a the hillside. After he got through it, he was rather more content to back right off and take things cautiously - think a lesson was learned.
ski holidays
We seem to be missing the worst of it this time. We've had no more snow since Thursday lunchtime.
snow conditions
Starting snowing about teatime last night, and there was a few inches by 8 pm which was enough to make it touch and go as to whether Mr A managed to get home from London rolling eyes He made it and the snow carried on so we have woken up to about a foot of it this morning and everything looks gorgeous Very Happy However, we were having something delivered and installed this morning, from a town about 5 miles away - they have phoned this morning to say that they can't get out of the road, and the roads between us and them are blocked with snow - they are about 5 miles away from Wigan, where 000's of people apparently spent the night in their cars, on the M6, after a lorry jack-knifed
ski holidays
Only 1/2 inch here, between Bristol and Gloucester. Blue sky now. Enough snow to make it look nice and wintery though.
latest report
Very sad I know - measured the depth here in Mawdesley -Lancashire and 20 cms on my garden table at 15 metres above sea level. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
A good 4" here in west Manchester. Up in Oldham and even Warrington there are reports of 8-9" of snow lying around!!!

you are dead right - Rawtenstall has 10 inches and its lying right on top of the slope at Ski Rossendale - roads are open - open ski this affer - we are all going up for a blast - may see you there - its £15 including hire if you need it.

Very Happy
snow report
Well I'm somewhere near the M6 near Wigan mentioned by Anniepen, must be 8" here and it's snowing again at the moment.

Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere today.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

Yep can confirm about 6 inches in Warrington, feel sorry for thos off on ski holidays today, lots of flights cancelled from gatwick ad heathrow, looks like the South East will be dumped on all day....
ski holidays
Been snowing in north Hampshire for the last couple of hours - probably a couple of inches out there now.
ski holidays
Beautiful morning here in Norwich, a few inches of the best, lightest fluffiest powder, about minus 6, and lovely sunshine Very Happy
latest report
Its snowing quite hard in SW london at the moment! Fingers crossed for a few feet so no work this evening! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy