Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on, who's got snow in the UK then?

Poster: A snowHead
None here in N Lincs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
None here in Cheshire
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me, in Aberdeen. Hopefully there'll be some in the hills up here too...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just grabbed this off Facebook (Aberdeen)

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me outside aberdeen

Not a lot on the roads as I went home, but I passed several accidents as I drove home at 5mph (at times) this evening. Saw 2 gritters in aberdeen where the roads were good, but the B999 out to me was a literal ice rink and no sign of it having been gritted. Got past a couple of slow cars the leading one who was spinning their wheels on the flat. Even with snow tyres traction was poor, but could manage a bit better than 5mph.

Might be an interesting drive in tomorrow.

There's been a further light dusting since I got home.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I spoke to someone at the foot of Glenshee earlier today, they were expecting it by this afternoon - he was talking about trying out his new ski gear - lucky sod!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, have a look here. It's a pretty big image so it may take a little while to load.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep - just south of Newcastle
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scotia, There's nearly enough there to be usable isn't there? How goes Scottish skiing? Do they have bashers etc. and get a good base bashed down like the Alps or is it all virgin powder that the skis cut through?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And us just south of Smokin Joe
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have word from Heaton,( Newcastle) that it's still snowing there too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Most of northeast Scotland is white down to sealevel right now.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dusting on the hills above 200m
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nothing here is manchesrer but its bloody cold, 0c when i just got out of the car.
latest report
 brian
brian
Megamum, they have teams of trained haggis in close formation tramping the snow to an even firm base.
ski holidays
brian, ye cannae train a haggis, tis a wild and wiley beast.
snow conditions
Megamum, yeh, looks like they are getting close to being able to open. A bit of wind with the next snowfall would probably give them enough snow to turn lifts. You should keep an eye on the Scotland thread in snow reports, it may even surprise you!
ski holidays
I've seen the thread about the weekend trip to Scotland, and I am a bit intrigued, I've been wondering whether I could make it up there just to see what all the fuss is about. OK, I guess it's all done properly with piste bashers, but I did love the notion of all the little haggis harnessed up together Laughing
ski holidays
Megamum, don't go if you are expecting to ski on perfectly groomed runs because if you do your selection will be limited.
ski holidays
3 inches here this morning
ski holidays
None here on the NW coast - heavy frost though. If I make the windscreen wipers go really fast, it looks a bit like snow Very Happy
latest report
Snow showers here in Kent this morning
snow report
Smokin Joe, at least wink
snow report
We had some last night, but it didn't stick around long. Hard frost now.
snow conditions
Nothing yet in Bradford
ski holidays
Snowing in York
snow conditions
Currently been stuck on a train just south of Peterborough due to broken down train in front of us, no snow, clear blue skies as far as the eye can see looking over the Fens. Anyone thinking of travelling on east coast train line this morning (Thurs 25 Nov 8:44am) best make other plans.

Update:just been told train will start moving soon but on the north bound line, we're heading south! Hope they got this sorted out correctly.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 25-11-10 9:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, it must be the cold!. Same here and hammering it down now. Minor roads have ice under the snow Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our main road was gritted last night but no white stuff yet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe wrote:
3 inches here this morning
fnar fnar

just frost
snow report
scotia wrote:
Megamum, have a look here. It's a pretty big image so it may take a little while to load.

That's a super photo
latest report
Nothing in the Brecon Beacons. YET!!!!!!
latest report
A light dusting in Cornwall
snow report
Nothing (yet) in Leicester Sad
snow conditions
Just passed through Huntingdon train station, some very cold looking people waiting on the platform, must have been there for the last hour. Now back on south bound line, phew i'm still alive. Unusually for me hoping for no snow in next few days between London and Leeds, managing a data centre move for a whole bunch of web sites moving from london to leeds over next few days, last thing I need is closed roads or stuffed train service. A delay now could push back my planned ski trip in a couple of weeks time.
snow conditions
Peter Ross, it's just Glenshee's webcam image. It is an excellent cam Very Happy
latest report
Rather appropriately, hubby has just rescued a husky/malamut wandering around in the snow outside the pharmacy. He's now in the safe hands of the vets next door. We thought about hitching it up to a sled for our delivery service, but the driver hates dogs.
ski holidays
brian, Haggis ... ROTFL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
brian wrote:
Megamum, they have teams of trained haggis in close formation tramping the snow to an even firm base.

Oh - where's the 'like' button when you need it? Laughing
ski holidays
from a friend in newcastle this morning

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy