Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Crikey that's looking patchy.... Hope the forecast snow makes a difference.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steady to heavy rain nearly all night long in St Martin, still hammering it down. There may be a lot of snow up top Smile
Good for the depths but the current view and conditions will not be tempting me out today.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wow! a lot of brown pistes there! what kind of altitude are the patchy shots taken at?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, most of the "brown" shots were in Les Menuires which last week was the brownest of the lot due to it's aspect, heightwise probably 2000m? Stick to the north facing valleys and you'll be OK!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thursday, 17-3-2011

Late Wednesday night the snowfall started again. It varied between light and moderate.
The whole day the light snowfall continued untill 18.00.
Skiing was very heavy in the fresh wet snowlayer of about 20 cm. Moreover the visibility was very poor.
Sometimes less then 25 meters. If the sun comes back this type of snow on the lower slopes will disappear very soon
Going down the mountains in the afternoon to Moutiers for shopping the snow transformed into rain.

The pictures of this Thursday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626163197743/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well this looks pretty damn good!

http://livecam.lesmenuires.com/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_m wrote:
Well this looks pretty damn good!

http://livecam.lesmenuires.com/

Yay! I am well excited now. Anyone got any tips for the runs we HAVE to do?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JERUSALEM down to St Martin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
franga wrote:
JERUSALEM down to St Martin

Had lot's of small pebbles on the top steeper section last week, hopefully new snow will have covered them enough, and it was very slushy at the bottom just before St Martin 2
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fabulous day, great snow, softening lower down, quite historic lunch at the superb L'Ours Blanc in LM. Lots of moguls in the afternoon but great fun. A very good dump up top has improved things hugely, lower runs still suffering.

Did I mention we have had a great day. Thanks to snowheads for that lunch suggestion, can be no where better on a sunny day than that terrace with the ambiance and food. Black tie service at self serve prices.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, glad you enjoyed L'Ours Blanc, unfortunately didn't get there last week but good memories of it
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, I must try L'Ours Blanc in LM on the Famliy Bash. Where exactly is it in LM ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Friday, 18-3-2011

At 3000 meter 25 cm fresh snow and below 1800 meter nothing.
Early in the morning perfect pistes on the higher slopes.
During the day the temperatures rose very fast and at the end of the day on all pistes below 2400 meter "soup".
The sun was shining the whole day with some clouds in the valleys.

The pictures of this Friday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626295145668/
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geepee wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, I must try L'Ours Blanc in LM on the Famliy Bash. Where exactly is it in LM ?

The building at the bottom is L'Ours Blanc (white bear)

snow report
Oh, that's the place where we rocked up really late one day, not having had any lunch and hoping for some food. The chef had gone home and the place was pretty deserted, so we said no worries - but they insisted on rustling up some huge and delicious sandwiches for us. Lovely people, must go back and have a proper meal next time.
ski holidays
123_456, Thanks very much. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Hurtle, You've added another good reason to try it. Very Happy
ski holidays
Saturday, 19-3-2011

It was snowing nearly the whole day.
Between 12.00 and 13.00 it seemed to be stopped with some minor sunny spells.
But it started snowing again until the end of the afternoon.
The snow on the pistes above 2300 meter is good, although the visibility was bad.
Sometimes you skied between and through the clouds on the nearly empty pistes.

The pictures of this Saturday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626301618824/
snow conditions
Sunday, 20-3-2011

A wonderfull day and what a difference with yesterday.
Fresh snow, well prepared pistes, sunshine and in the afternoon some big cumulus clouds.
It is very quiet everywhere with exception of Val Thorens.

The pictures of this Sunday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626309429608/
ski holidays
Lovely! Very Happy
snow report
Monday, 21-3-2011

A beautiful sunny day with nice clouds.
During the night the temperature dropped far below zero and that means that the wet snow becomes ice.
Only during a short period, roughly between 11 and 13 the lower pistes are pleasent for skiing.
The coming days will be nice with every day higher temperatures, but freezing during the nights

The pictures of this Monday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626319966276/
ski holidays
Tuesday, 22-3-2011

Also this second day of the spring was a beautiful one.
Perfect blue sky with smaller clouds than yesterday.
Good snow on the higher pistes. The north facing Choucas piste in Mottaret was nearly perfect with hardly nobody.
Ice in the morning on the lower slopes and soup in the afternoon.

The pictures of this Tuesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626327123098/
ski holidays
123_456, Great pics - thanks - can;t wait we will soon be there...

Having not tried them before what are the runs on the west of Les Menuires like from Point De La Masse?
These should be in shade & hopefully a lfaring a little better ??

Noisey
snow conditions
Wednesday, 23-3-2011

The temperature is increasing everyday. The blue sky came back also on this day.
The forecast says this will continue until Friday.
Lovely skiing above 2400 meters.

The pictures of this Wednesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626209488311/
snow report
Wow.

In some pics there looks to be loads of snow and in others....nothing. What is the town in the picture above? Les Menuires?

Is it still worth buying a full 3 valley ski pass?

It does look like I might be bringing some snow with me though!
snow report
....I can see my hotel Mad
snow report
dave_m wrote:
Wow.

In some pics there looks to be loads of snow and in others....nothing. What is the town in the picture above? Les Menuires?

Is it still worth buying a full 3 valley ski pass?

It does look like I might be bringing some snow with me though!

Indeed this is Les Menuires seen from Val Thorens

3-Valley liaisons are still open

Forecast : snow above 1800 meter during the coming weekend!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm going to VT this weekend, hope the snow forecast is true!! Can't wait!
snow report
Thursday, 24-3-2011

The same beautifull weather as before with slightly higher temperatures.
At 2000 meter it was more then 10 degrees.
Excellent springtype snow on piste Teppes in St Martin de Belleville.
More and more big brown patches on the slopes below 2400 meter.

The pictures of this Thursday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626215924187/
ski holidays
dave_m, We were also over in 'Les 3 Vallees' and to be honest, in La Masse area and most of Les Menuires the snow was not very good. Wet and soft. Up in Val Thorens and Orelle the conditions were much better. Down in Meribel valley there are few runs open lower down. Going down to Saint Martin de Belleville there is only one piste that is open and it is very wet and heavy in the afternoon. My friends who came over from Courchevel to join us said that conditions there were a little better on that side than lower in the other valleys, but most people are heading for Val Thorens and Orelle so the lifts queues are quite bad in some places. having said all that, we still had a great time, but depending on your level of skiing, getting a '3 Valley pass' may or may not be worth the money. Hard one! Hope this helps. See my facebook page for pics later.
snow report
7 of us are going out there on saturday, we are staying low down in brides les bains, I assume we will need the three valley pass if we are going from brides up through meribel to val thorens?
latest report
bigtoe, yes, as you will need to pass through Meribel area into Les Menuires and Val Thorens - have fun
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
dave_m, Going down to Saint Martin de Belleville there is only one piste that is open and it is very wet and heavy in the afternoon.

I'm sure that below St Martin 2 there is only one run into St Martin?
latest report
cheers stevew, i thought as much.
latest report
I think the difference in cost is not significant enough....(19 euros I think) so I may as well get a full pass.

I think my plan might be to ski around a little in the morning, and then end up in VT the afternoon.....let hope the planned snow turns up.
ski holidays
Heading out to Les Menuires tonight, really hope the temps drop a bit so that we don't have 3 days of rain lower down.. but otherwise it looks good for the VT area!
snow report
Quote:

think the difference in cost is not significant enough....(19 euros I think) so I may as well get a full pass.

Unless the links were to be closed I would always buy the 3V. From the webcams I can't say that it looks all that bad, it is, after all, nearly April and for the lean year that it has been I'm quite happy. So much so that I've booked this week to come out to Courchevel tomorrow. I'm not sure where snowcrazy, gets
Quote:

Down in Meribel valley there are few runs open

from

according to http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_station=meribel-alpina&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&lang=fr&p_stationformate=meribel-alpina#meteo there are only about half a dozen pistes closed out of the lot, and they're just the usual culprits like Pic Noir and Tetras. This will be my 19th week in the 3V and I'm sure I can count the times I've skied those on one hand!

The webcams seem to me to confirm what the "ETAT DES PISTES" page claims.

It will no doubt be warm snowHead soft snowHead and maybe a bit wet and sloppy towards the bottom Madeye-Smiley but I can't wait.
ski holidays
Quote:

Heading out to Les Menuires tonight, really hope the temps drop a bit so that we don't have 3 days of rain lower down.. but otherwise it looks good for the VT area!

La chaineMeteo (http://france.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-france/previsions-meteo-france-2.php) are just saying iffy weather for sunday now and even that maybe only over night.
ski holidays
I always assume lower resorts will suffer more, yet this web cam suggest plenty of white stuff.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy