Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sooooooo...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from Go Outdoors with:

Helly Hansen Recon jacket
Dare2b trousers
Trekmates Goretex gloves
Smartwool PhD socks
Regatta fleece

All in it was £210 which, though expensive, seems to be a relatively good bit of value-for-money considering I'm just about completely kitted out now. Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Astraeus, that's not bad at all! The HH jacket alone would be a good price Very Happy As per Natives instructions, it's to be hoped that there are lots and lots of socks? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Montana, are Natives recommending lots, and lots of speciality ski socks? My thinking is to use one (or maybe two) pairs of Smartwool socks as I can't afford a dozen of them, and then back them up with Decathlon's offerings when I don't think I'll be doing strenuous or long-session skiing. At £18 a pop, I can't take a full stock of Smartwool. Though they're bloody comfortable. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
3.99 at Lidl!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmaah, that's tomorrow's visit. Or maybe I'll have to put it back to Monday owing to work commitments. Either way it's next on my store hit-list.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
re your UnderArmour top. It's perfect for on the slopes. I've got one (also from my footballing days) as well as the Canterbury equivalent. I wear it with a t-shirt on top followed by my shell jacket. I then carry a fleece in my backpack for if it gets chilly/we stop for piste-side refreshments. If you've got a TKMaxx near by, try there for socks. I picked up a couple of pairs of technical socks for less than a tenner.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Astraeus, don't forget that you'll screw up those nice smartwool socks if you use a hot wash. They like 30 degrees. If you're organised you can wash one/wear one; then you'll only ever need two pairs. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Astraeus wrote:
Montana, are Natives recommending lots, and lots of speciality ski socks? My thinking is to use one (or maybe two) pairs of Smartwool socks as I can't afford a dozen of them, and then back them up with Decathlon's offerings when I don't think I'll be doing strenuous or long-session skiing. At £18 a pop, I can't take a full stock of Smartwool. Though they're bloody comfortable. Twisted Evil

It seems to be a bit of a skit on Natives with the very seasoned Seasonaires, telling newbies that socks are what they need, ahead of - well - virtually anything else Very Happy Take it with a pinch of salt! As PamW says though, Smartwool will shrink and shrivel if washed too hot - try the socks in Lidl. IME they are very good for the money
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anniepen, Ditto, you won't beat Lidl's socks for the money. I look after mine carefully (don't tumble dry them or wash them hot), but I've got some now that are several years old (5-6 weeks skiing now) and still going strong.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Astraeus,

SmileyCentral.com

WOO HOO!!!! Well done.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How cool... enjoy your season! Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum wrote:
Anniepen, Ditto, you won't beat Lidl's socks for the money. I look after mine carefully (don't tumble dry them or wash them hot), but I've got some now that are several years old (5-6 weeks skiing now) and still going strong.

Had a fun time in lidl today, indeed if you rummage there are bargains to be had.I went in for ski socks for my kids, which I got very good value.

They also had , helmets £20, Goggles £8 ( I nearly bought a pair just to see how they compared with my "branded" set), womens jackets and salapettes, £35 the set!!! Cheap sunglassses, and loads of layer type stuff.

Savings were accidently spent on Perelebacher Premium Pils, which seems quite nice.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy