Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sooooooo...

Poster: A snowHead
...some of you might remember I was applying for jobs in the Alps this winter. I just received an email an hour ago offering me employment!! All being well I fly out next Friday to commence training! Over the moon doesn't do justice to how I feel!!!

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Astraeus, Many congrats! Where will you be based? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Astraeus, snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Congratulations.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montana, I don't know yet - it's between Val d'Isere, Courchevel and Meribel though so I wouldn't be too disappointed in any of them! Cool

Hells Bells, thank you!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I can't stop grinning from ear-to-ear, it's brilliant. I'M DOING A SEEEAAAAASON!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Astraeus, Well done! Where and who with?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Astraeus, congrats.....nice one! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy Hockley, not sure of the location (see above) and, as ever, coy about the employer. Wink

Chasseur, thank you!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Astraeus, Mmmm.....Employer? It doesn't begin with N and end with P (6 letters) I trust Laughing

Have fun and congrats, if you end up in 3V territory maybe you can drop by Oxalys and say "Hi" next April.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
Astraeus, Mmmm.....Employer? It doesn't begin with N and end with P (6 letters) I trust Laughing

Laughing not bad at all....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, already been on my mind as to how I could get to l'Oxalys. Definitely up for that. Very Happy

Nick never saw fit to offer me that job. Sad Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Astraeus, well done. I hope you'll do us a blog on your experiences (well, some of them...)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Astraeus, I do wonder if the timing could be against you. VT should be skiable but the connecting lifts for the whole 3V area are closing, I think, around the time the bashes start (from what I've been told anyway).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Astraeus, You'll have a blast. Let us know how you get on.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Astraeus, Congrats! As pam w says, a blog would be very nice snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Astraeus, Good for you! snowHead
snow report
Astraeus, jealous is not the word to how im feeling Very Happy good luck, let everyone know where you are, im Meribel/3V for a week over crimbo then for another week feb time on a boys trip wink
ski holidays
Astraeus, congrats and well done snowHead snowHead snowHead i know you'll have a fantastic time.
snow report
Roy Hockley wrote:
Astraeus, Well done! Where and who with?

Who with buddy?
ski holidays
Very well done, Astraeus, but yes, you did say you'd tell us who it was with when you got it! Are you ashamed of them? Did they swear you to secrecy? Are you really not driving holiday skiers but are perhaps an Alps-based get-away driver?
snow conditions
cad99uk, Jo225, Iski, PHoSawyer, sherlock235, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! snowHead

Woke up this morning and it still hasn't sunk in. Off to town now for jacket, sallopettes, gloves and lots of sock. Wink

This goes against all of my principles of being coy on the internet but maggi, you've caught me out and I'm a man of my word. I'm working for a very high class company based in the first, chronologically, of the Three Valleys, offering transport to skiers. Very Happy Cool

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 12-11-10 10:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Astraeus, We're all saying congrats but deep down we mean B*****D!!!

Congrats!!!
ski holidays
First Class Transport?

Well done! Have a super season snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Astraeus, many congratulations.
Do you think in retrospect that all the advice that you received here helped?
snow conditions
dazman, jezzy, thank you. Jezzy... Wink

Freddie Paellahead, of course. Advice, support - it all comes together to helping me get there! Special mention to Shimmy Alcott for stepping up to the plate. Smile
snow conditions
Astraeus, Congratulations Mon Brave Cool Have an excellent time and don't do anything silly. Or alternatively, do lots of silly things and come back here to let us know about them Very Happy
ski holidays
Congratulations.. you might end up in lovely La Tania. Last year we have a whole chalet full of drivers from that very high class company based in the first, chronologically, of the Three Valleys, offering transport to skiers. See you in the Ski Lodge if so..
latest report
Astraeus, Result Very Happy Very Happy Nice one, very, very jealous. As others have said, a blog would be wonderful. We've followed the story from the beginning so it would be great to follow it the rest of the way too.

Enjoy! snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 brian
brian
Astraeus wrote:
the first, chronologically, of the Three Valleys

Are you some sort of geology expert then? wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian, I ought really to have said "three valley resorts" - very well pointed-out! Wink

This blog is sounding like an interesting/dangerous idea. Shall look into doing it - in the meantime there is a Twitter page which should serve to update you. I'll send it over in due course.

Does anyone here object to me creating (yet another) new thread asking a tonne of specific questions. I've had a look in TK Maxx, Decathlon, Blacks and Go Outdoors today and none of them has thrown up anything worthwhile in the clothing department. Would love some straight "yes" or "no" answers to some questions.
ski holidays
Astraeus, The answers are Goretex and merino. Enjoy your season. Very Happy
latest report
cad99uk, yes to goretex, no to merino, not been impressed with it's longevity....
ski holidays
kitenski, I've had no problems with Icebreaker.
snow report
I've got some Under Armour ColdGear compression stuff which I bought for football during the winter - can I use that as my base layer? Was then thinking of packing on a merino t-shirt (or similar synthetic) and a fleece on seriously cold days, all topped off with a ski jacket. Or alternatively forego the fleece and whack on a ski jacket with a fleece inside it. How does that sound?
latest report
Astraeus, massively jealous! Have fun Smile
snow report
Astraeus, It depends on how hot you run.

I wear a merino base layer, back protector and then a jacket. Fine for me down to -20.
ski holidays
cad99uk, I'm always concious of erring on the side of being too warm as I have mild asthma which seems to rear its ugly head whenever my chest is cold.
latest report
Astraeus wrote:
I've got some Under Armour ColdGear compression stuff which I bought for football during the winter - can I use that as my base layer? Was then thinking of packing on a merino t-shirt (or similar synthetic) and a fleece on seriously cold days, all topped off with a ski jacket. Or alternatively forego the fleece and whack on a ski jacket with a fleece inside it. How does that sound?

sounds fine!
ski holidays
cad99uk wrote:
kitenski, I've had no problems with Icebreaker.

my 3 (?) year old icebreaker has had to be stitched many times due to holes in it, I cannot prove wether that was wear and tear, washing machine or moths, but in contrast my artificial layers which I have had for 10ish years are fine....
ski holidays
Astraeus, you could wait till you get out there and fill in any gaps in Decathlon.
ski holidays
pam w, they'll nip us out to Decathlon when we get there for a staff shopping trip. I'd still like to take some things out there. Now thinking I nip back to Go Outdoors and get Dare2b sallopettes and a jacket for £90 all-in...good or bad idea? I have enough insulating layers here so it's really just the technical stuff.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy