Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good resorts for end of Jan for 4 intermediate blokes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
red 27, I think it is bigger than in 80s. Connected to Eggalm, Rastkogel + Unterbergalm chair. 159km

http://www.bergfex.com/mayrhofen/

This is old piste map. How old I don't know:

http://www.natives.co.uk/resorts/may/maymap.jpg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morzine has an enormous ski area (600km+ of the PdS) and some very good pubs for the evening.

I didn't find the prices too bad - for example two bottles of beer for €5 in one bar during happy 'hour' (4pm to 7pm IIRC). A very short airport transfer too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John Laughing snowHead I love those unexpected expeditions

Tom W, Time I went back I think, rather than rely on my fading memory
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saalbach.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
But if you are a bunch of boys on a short trip you will probably have wheels. If you are going to ski in Gerlos/Konigsleiten (I assume that you already chosen the Hoff for your trip wink ) then I would recommend driving to Gerlos rather than either bussing/train to Zell and skiing over as you will waste a lot of time on the Zell side or bus to Gerlos which leaves you reliant on a rather less frequent service and the opportunity to miss th bus, tho you could then ski back to Zell if you are quick). If roads not good then use bus/train.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2 euros for a beer? good snow - the flaine area (Grand Massif) has the best snow record over a full season, flights always good value to Geneva and the transfer time is around one hour (so more drinking time or skiiing time than driving time!) - Look at Les Carroz and Samoens have lively bars and Flaine is ski in out... thoroughly recommend...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.austria-trips.com/Gerlos-Zillertal/Gerlos-ski-piste-map.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.austria-trips.com/Gerlos-Zillertal/Gerlos.htm&h=743&w=1200&sz=254&tbnid=WbUjogwc122gZM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dzillertal%2Bpiste%2Bmap&zoom=1&q=zillertal+piste+map&hl=en&usg=__Hw9iMpPNTPK1ZAGdyjUm2DtY0-M=&sa=X&ei=vlblTLC_Hs2BhQfqzvzSDA&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAw

Mayrhofen and all this, can't be beat!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Zel Am Ziller (Zillertal arena) first week of Feb this year, got a late deal with Crystal, hotel was very basic despite being a 3* and in a more "industrial" town than a touristy one! Deads ville at night!

One thing you have to bear in mind when going to Austria is that you more often then not have to catch the ski bus to the slopes and Ziller is no exception. It is, however, only 5 mins on said bus!

To get to the top did take quite a while and seemed very disjointed in places. One day we managed to get right over to the other side but then the high winds forced closure of lifts and it cost us £60 to get back in a taxi! it was also extremely cold, temps well below -15 most days! Another thing we noticed this year was that there were a lot of Russian tourists pushing and shoving, queues were horrendous at all lifts (because they were slow) but the Apres ski was, as ever, fantastic!

We've always found that the Apres ski in Austria is much better than in France, the bars are buzzing at tea time and stay this way into the night. We found in France that the Apres ski started about 11pm! Not good if you want to be up for the virgin snow!

Alpe D'huez is ace for skiing though.

Suzysue
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It definitely takes a while to get to the top at Zell 'm' Z, but surely you would go over to Gerlos/Koenigsleiten most days, didn't seem to be that much on the Zell side, or have I missed something?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy