Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aptamil baby milk in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Lechbob, Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, Going to protect my skis with as many nappies as I can.

Just back home from work. So many responses. Thanks.

Our daughter is 3 months old now, and will be 5 when we go. Going to try out the powder about 4 weeks before we go and take a tin along if she gets on OK with it.

Breast v Formula. Each to their own. We would prefer her to have all breast milk, but supplement it with formula. Better that than a hungry, crying baby.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

We would prefer her to have all breast milk, but supplement it with formula. Better that than a hungry, crying baby.

Drluvski, a mother after my own heart. May common sense rule!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Drluvski, hope the holiday goes well - that's a really easy age to take a baby on holiday; they can't escape!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Drluvski, The absolute plus point is the silence that descends once they fall asleep with the motion of the car - it lasts hours and hours - lap up that plus point now - it doesn't last!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was at Geneva Airport at the weekend and to help a fellow snowHead I popped into the pharmacy by the airport train station to have a look. They sell loads of varieties of Aptamil powders, but the only ready made milk cartons were the Nestle variety.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitters, Thanks for that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my invaluable contribution to this thread, thus:

"mother's milk" where I'm from is how we refer to the most favourite tipple of brandy & baileys on ice Very Happy

(our nipper was on aptimil, used to get the big tubs of powder to take on trips, with a few of the cartons throiwn in for the actual travel days. The powder werent that heavy, certainly considering all the other crap you generally have to haul with you for the little dears!). IIRC he had no problems switching back and forth between powder and ready-mix (though he had a few epsiodes when we changed the numbers/concentration on the cartons rolling eyes - if you can figure her best powder concentration before you go then the tubs are the best option (with a few cartons on the side). You can get a little dispensing doohickey which has 3 compartments you can preload 3 "doses" of powder into and then just tip the powder into your bottle of water when ready for a guzzle.
Our dude is still on formula and we're exclusively using the big powder tubs nowadays
snow conditions
 JoannColon
JoannColon
I know what you mean. Our baby is also 5 months old and we often travel with him in the car. It really is a wonderful age, he falls asleep very quickly on the road. The only difficulty we may have is getting the formula bottle ready. He has been on a mixed diet since birth and on the recommendation of his pediatrician we give him Hipp Dutch stage 1 Baby formula https://thebestfromjapan.com/hipp-dutch-stage-1-organic-bio-combiotic-infant-milk-formula-with-dha-800g which he likes very much. And since this formula is a good alternative to breast milk, I am calm that he gets all the vitamins he needs for proper growth.

Last edited by JoannColon on Tue 29-11-22 17:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowHeads @JoannColon, snowHead

The babies originally discussed in this thread now have their own mobile phones and may be wearing a bra (even the boys.....)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alexandra wrote:
Megamum, the only alternative I've found so far involves a 40 year exile in to the desert... not overly practical. Toofy Grin You might like this link if you've got a bit of time to read it: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/04/the-case-against-breast-feeding/7311/ - I realise that for you all issues are way, way, way in the past - but I think it's interesting anyway from a feminist pov.

That was an interesting read! Back in the `90`s, with my 3rd child, I was a part of a research project run by Bristol University in to why some women struggle to make enough breast milk. I had to take blood samples before and after every feed! As if establishing breastfeeding with a newborn is not fraught enough Laughing

@pam w It is possible to sustain duel feeding for several months, I did, with all my 3 but it`s really hard work. Number 3 got fully formula fed a lot sooner than number 1! Laughing

Megmum sums it up really, you have to do your research and do what works for you. If breastfeeding goes well and fits your lifestyle thats great but thank goodness there are alternatives.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
The babies originally discussed in this thread now have their own mobile phones and may be wearing a bra (even the boys.....)

Well spotted! Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christ what have I stumped upon here! Toofy Grin

I came to offer a suggestion if it hadn’t been suggested already. As a dad of 2, regardless of everyone else’s opinions on the matter, you will stick to the milk that you know works, and is tried and tested. Why not buy some and ship it over to one of the local Snowheads who lives over there, then you can collect when you arrive?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ricklovesthepowder, Someone bumped a really old thread.

Brexit has happened since the thread was started, that might make a difference to whether you can send food to Morzine from the UK.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Brexit has happened since the thread was started

Lots has happened since this thread was started, not least Ricklovestheaptamilpowder's two babies.
ski holidays
@pam w, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy