Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All Mountain Twin Tips - HELP

Poster: A snowHead
Hi as u can probably guess from the title im looking at AM twins.........so far i like the look of salomon lords - any opinions on them or feedback on how they ride? also what other skis are out there cos they only other ones ive found are vokl bridges.....im wanting a stiff ski as im used to race skis may even end up doind the odd race on them....cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ro55, Salomon Dumount Pro Pipe is allot stiffer and better all mountian than the lord in my opinion.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok cool ive heard the pro pipe was also really good all round even though its classed as a pipe ski....cheers ill have a look at it any other options?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lord is good, make sure you get a longer length due to the rocker, usually upsize 1 length.
Personally I enjoyed the Salomon Shogun.
The Armada Tanner Hall and AR7 have been selling well for us, my choice would be the Armada ARV as it a bit wider and stiffer.

Saying that we have sold out of Lords for the last 2 seasons and everyone has enjoyed them
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ro55, Tons

Salomon Suspect is a great all rounder one of our race kids in Ireland does GS dry slope racing on them!

K2 Revival is nice but a bit garish looking

Armada T-Hall has a good rep

Also the Vokl Ledge is quite nice
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dynastar Sixth Sense distorter, old Dyna Big Trouble, Line Prophet 90... Personally though the suspects are awful, and most of the others recommended are park skis too. Lords aren't really full twins either.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
im wanting a stiff ski as im used to race skis may even end up doind the odd race on them....cheers

lol, eh?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shout out for our own One's aswell, pretty stiff for a twin with great edge grip. Wouldn't touch Lords with a barge pole if you're a reasonably advanced rider, as for them having rocker...erm i think not! I'd go with one of the old Dynastars (havn't skiied the new models yet), Whitedot One's (shameless promotion I knowbut its true) or the Prophet 90 for some decent all mountain skis with a twin.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
movement do some nice stiffish twins, lots of new models though so maybe pricey, though if you could lay your hands on a gladiator or a kama sutra you wouldnt go far wrong
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
K2 Seths ..... from this Shocked to this Very Happy a really fantastic Am Ski
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fischer misfits if you can find them

or line prophet 90 or 100
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the_doc wrote:
shout out for our own One's aswell, pretty stiff for a twin with great edge grip. Wouldn't touch Lords with a barge pole if you're a reasonably advanced rider, as for them having rocker...erm i think not! I'd go with one of the old Dynastars (havn't skiied the new models yet), Whitedot One's (shameless promotion I knowbut its true) or the Prophet 90 for some decent all mountain skis with a twin.

Hmm perhaps a little product placement....

Prophet 90, nice Chinese quality there, you must know what you are talking about....

I'm not a Salomon fan really, but the Lord is fine, better than the Line skis for quality and I have skied them all and mounted bindings on them too! I don't dislike Line skis, but you cant say the Lord is a poor ski when it just plainly isn't a poor ski. Also, they are not a standard camber, perhaps not a massive 'rocker' but not a standard camber. So are K2 skis not really 'rockers' either as most that they claim are have less camber change than the Lord!

However, the Dynastars are awesome skis, everything out of their factory is pretty decent.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scotia wrote:
Quote:
im wanting a stiff ski as im used to race skis may even end up doind the odd race on them....cheers

lol, eh?

Amen to that, lol!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
salomon are better quality than line- utter garbage.

Salomon are still using a wood/foam mix for a lot of their twin tips yet the prophet 90/100/130 is poplar cored with a titanal mesh to stiffen the ski. top top quality and far more advanced than the Salomon efforts. Thats why its the ski for those in the know who want an AM blaster- also the GARISH K2 is the new Public Enemy/Extreme and is simply awesome- poppy, lively and quick edge to edge.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thegunners wrote:
salomon are better quality than line- utter garbage.

Salomon are still using a wood/foam mix for a lot of their twin tips yet the prophet 90/100/130 is poplar cored with a titanal mesh to stiffen the ski. top top quality and far more advanced than the Salomon efforts. Thats why its the ski for those in the know who want an AM blaster- also the GARISH K2 is the new Public Enemy/Extreme and is simply awesome- poppy, lively and quick edge to edge.

I'm not sure you're right about the Lord if I recall rightly it is full wood core and by coincidence this year and last actually also had a wire mesh structure to stiffen them. That said as someone who owns a pair I wouldn't recommend them to the OP they certainly ain't for racing on icey pistes. Oh and they're still too soft and only semis not twins.
snow conditions
thegunners, Get upto date mate, might have been the case 4 years ago. Infact the Lord is a full wood core and unlike the old 1080's Pocket Rocket etc Salomon actually use much better materials now since they changed ownership.

The amount of Line skis I have drilled with hardly any resistance over the last two years has proved thier quality has decreased since they were bought out and the production changed.
snow conditions
thegunners, WRONG WRONG WRONG

The only salomon twin that does not have a full wood core is the threat which is aimed at teens!

Lord, Shogun, Suspect, 2012, Mai Tai all have full wood cores as do all the mid range and above Salomon skis!

Line are great in the park but SUCK anywhere else on the hill!!!! Once heard a top pro describe the afterbang as the best park ski ever but you would want to have something else at the end of the park to ski home on Very Happy

Its a shame really as they graphics are amazing

Quote:

also had a wire mesh structure to stiffen them.

That would be the Edge Armour designed to protect the skis when hitting rails etc!
ski holidays
Fattes13 wrote:
thegunners, WRONG WRONG WRONG

Nice summary!
snow conditions
ro55, a pair of last year's rip'n'wud AM semi twins? www.ripnwood.com review floating around here somewhere
ski holidays
Quote:

So are K2 skis not really 'rockers' either as most that they claim are have less camber change than the Lord!

Erm, correct, K2 and Salomon are hitting the marketing speak pretty heavily when they describe "rocker" for some of their range, at best what you're looking at is a small amount of early rise. Know the Line build quality is not the best (since K2 bought them out strangely enough Wink, but I've owned a couple of pairs in the last few years and they've held up aswell as any to be honest, and as for the ride they're pretty decent. Tested Salomon's range last year with the g/f and was really unimpressed with all of their freeride models (as was she), it wasn't the shapes but the construction. I found them really unresponsive and uninspiring, boring dull skis that lacked any pop or rebound and didnt like to be pushed out of their small limits, especially the Lord and Suspect! From the OP's description of needing them to do the odd race course and riding some park I can't think of many skis out there that would be worse suited to his requirements than the Lord.
ski holidays
Jimmythefoot, Do a bit of promo work for the guys from Salomon and am quite honest about thir products as you can see from my assesment of the Lord but I hate when people just spout rubbish for the sake of it!

Yes the Rocker on the Lord is fairly small but for the purpose it is designed it is about right for the ski.

Would be silly to stick a full rocker on a ski of that description,

The 2012 has a wopping full rocker and is super fun to ski but not so good for racing on and yes I have skied a dry slope slalom course on them Shocked Shocked Shocked Scary as hell when the Devil has realised somebody stole his last donugt!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 29-10-10 11:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
the_doc, surely the race course comment was a joke?
ski holidays
Fattes13 wrote:
Jimmythefoot, Do a bit of promo work for the guys from Salomon and am quite honest about thir products as you can see from my assesment of the Lord but I hate when people just spout rubbish for the sake of it!

Yes the Rocker on the Lord is fairly small but for the purpose it is designed it is about right for the ski.

Would be silly to stick a full rocker on a ski of that description,

The 2012 has a wopping full rocker and is super fun to ski but not so good for racing on and yes I have skied a dry slope slalom course on them Shocked Shocked Shocked Scary as hell when the Devil has realised somebody stole his last donugt!

I agree completey! Smile
snow conditions
The Volkl Bridge, a versatile twin tip, more all mountain than the Ledge.
snow report
I've just got a pair of HEAD Johnny 94 and they're great, they actually turn in a reasonably radius, rather than that of a supertanker, plus edge grip on hard-pack is surprisingly good too.
snow report
cheers guys -ive actually decided on something slightly different - atomic blackeye ti's cheers for all the help anyway
snow report
ro55, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.........

You'll be wearing the most common ski on the mountain. Saw about 5 million people buy them at the ski show this weekend. Amazing the power of a fallline recommendation.
Just warning you.
snow report
fastandicy, it won cos its a ducking good ski!

good choice it will do a bit of everything around the mountain without loosing on piste performance, personally would of gone with the crimson but each to there own Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy