Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 2010/2011 Snow Report

Poster: A snowHead
Snow showers expected on Saturday with sunny spells then some more Sunday to 7/800m followed by snowing all day Monday down to 600m - get the wax and fat skis out Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loved bareges,Im coming back soon it looks fantastic on the pics,do you do short breaks?.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
meandrew, Well not at the chalet but we are opening a 3* hotel next year so yes... Best to PM for details on that though.

Infact I was hoping to put a snowheads thing together to coincide with the opening, I keep mentionng it to Admin but never actually get around to doing it... I was thinking an off-piste or ski touring kind of bash...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowing again... 10cm overnight and still snowing. Should be in showers with intermittent sun through the day (and every day this week it looks like Madeye-Smiley ), Snow line is at 600m and dropping to 3/400m. With the light fluffy stuff ontop of last weeks massivve dump things are looking very good on and off piste...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wild day today, Superbagneres had a fresh 15cm (Peyragudes 10cm) to play with though the wind was very strong which along with heavy snow gave me the type of conditions I love.

Kept most people off the mountain until the wind died down mid morning.

More snow forecast tomorrow and Tuesday..and into the week. Very happy indeed especially with the amount of congratulations I get from my French friends after watching the match yesterday...Bliss Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Officially oodles of snow! Shocked 50cm more snow has been received over the last two days.

Current temperature: -7, snow depth at 2500m = 1.90m & at 1800m = 1.5m Avalanche risk 4/5 Light snow showers expected for the rest of the week...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are now heading for calm so that we can at least see the benefits of so much snow during the last 10 days.

Yesterdays snowfall alone was: Baqueira Beret - 45cm, Superbagneres - 30cm, Peyragudes - 20cm.

Today was by far the best powder day of the season, incredibly light and knee deep sitting on a firm base - just perfect.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only about 30 cms of fresh at Guzet, good condition and stable. Finally got some powder close to home! 100% open and fun to be had!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone have the latest of what it's like at St Lary? Thinking of heading there is a few weeks as friends have an aprtment there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.altiservice.com/236-36184-Meteo-Enneigement.php
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Lary is amazing for the first time this season after nearly a week of decent snowfall and now has a really good base. Temperatures not excessively low so not entirely sure how long it will last, but great for the Pyrenees at the moment. The altiservice link above is pretty accurate for weather and conditions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks LasLaous and samtheskier. One more question - will be hiring a car at Toulouse. Do you think we need snow chains for village access (that is where we will be staying). I am not sure we will to be honest.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
KSS wrote:
Thanks LasLaous and samtheskier. One more question - will be hiring a car at Toulouse. Do you think we need snow chains for village access (that is where we will be staying). I am not sure we will to be honest.

If you are staying in St Lary itself no snow chains are needed. The forecast this week is warm and sunny and we have no snow on the horizon down to village levels.

Enjoy your trip
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thinking of doing a week in Pas de la Casa, Andora on the 20th March... Anyone with an update on the snow conditions? Should snow a bit this week, so might be OK...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
d.brophy, It snowed yesterday and more due later in the week. I'll be heading up there about the same time for a couple of weeks. I got fed up scratching around on Grands Montets and drove home yesterday in the pouring rain. Sun is out today and 5 weeks worth of washing is drying outside Little Angel
snow conditions
10cm yesterday at Baqueira, 5cm at Superbagneres. The warm weather of last week is now more unsettled with snow forecast from 1500m.
ski holidays
Will it dump or will it wee wee? 2000 going to 1500 could be a good weekend.....or the end of the season!
latest report
Can't I say wee wee?
ski holidays
amazing I can't say p i s s on this forum !
ski holidays
Just wanted you all to know I'm not in the habit of saying wee wee other than to my daughters! What else is auto changes I wander?
latest report
A photo of the old border post in Pas, just incase people are doubting. snowHead
snow report
LasLaous wrote:
Will it dump or will it wee wee? 2000 going to 1500 could be a good weekend.....or the end of the season!

60cm fell on the 16/17 at Peyragudes and both Superbagneres and Baqueira had a fair dump also. Wet at low levels but plenty of powder higher up. Warm weather and clear blue skies returned Friday and over the weekend leaving typical spring conditions.

Cooler weather forecast early next week followed by a steady warming.

Superbagneres: 130/80
Peyragudes: 150/100
Baqueira Beret: 240/170

Lots of snow to end the season with Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Some footage from the recent free-ride comp at Baqueira...

http://youtube.com/v/zoNl0B2taRc
latest report
in garbure we trust, is there any word on the hotel venture Would be interested if its available.
snow report
in garbure we trust wrote:
meandrew, Well not at the chalet but we are opening a 3* hotel next year so yes... Best to PM for details on that though.

Infact I was hoping to put a snowheads thing together to coincide with the opening, I keep mentionng it to Admin but never actually get around to doing it... I was thinking an off-piste or ski touring kind of bash...
Any info yet ?.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy