Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria holiday help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

We are planning a holiday next year in December, probably over christmas or just before christmas. We would quite like to go to austria as have heard many good things about it.
Can anyone recommend where abouts to stay. We would need to stay somewhere family orientated as daughter is 5 and new to skiing so somewhere for
beginners a must too.
Any suggestions apreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach. Nice, pretty village, very good for beginners, but has lots of pistes for others to explore too. Some of the girls at Furstauer ski school are excellent with kids. It does have have very lively apres/drinking, but in a jolly way rather than rowdy. Easy transfer from Salzburg. You could also consider the SkiWelt too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serfaus, read lots of good things for families.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bl0ss0m1, The Xmas week is a great time to come out to Austria. The week still has an 'off-peak' type of feel in most resorts which means less people and a bit more of a relaxing week compared to the new year!
Last year we had an empty house so whizzed up to Reiteralm (in Ski Amadé) with a 5 year old and a 1 year old.... met up with our mates.... found seats for 15 people and had an excellent Xmas lunch on the mountain!... roll on this year!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can say about Stubai at Tirol region. But, I really think the whole Austria is very good for ski.

First of all. This region is fantastic!! You'll be, in the middle of a astonishing Valley, with several little villages, in a kind of authentic Tirol atmosphere. Also just few miles (half a hour by car/bus) of Innsbruck, a major(and beauty) city, if you intend to fly there.

I do recommend you chose a hotel at the little villages close to the Mountains. We did it and chose Hotel Fernau, at Neustift. 10-in-10 the right decision. Fantastic hotel, 20 minutes(by car) to the slopes. Just few meter from the hotel you''l find Olympia Sports where you'll can rent equipment( good sets - good prices), and hire ski classes.

The mountain have all kind of piste difficulties from beginners to experts to off piste. Very good lift system and so on.

We loved the whole experience!

Good Luck!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

20 minutes(by car) to the slopes

Of course you may prefer 10 seconds on foot!
Quote:

Easy transfer from Salzburg

Use www.transferservice.at for 3 or more people
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lech
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That time of year I would try Oberlech - great for all including the kids. I agree with clarky999 about Saalbach too (went last xmas) but just make sure you stay in town and not at one of the chalets on the outskirts - I had to lug my 6 year old skis every morning and night Mad .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bl0ss0m1, I've been to Serfaus in Austria a couple of times (without kids). It's a really great resort and stacks of things for kids to do & really oriented towards them. The hotels aren't cheap though. Lizski went there last season with kids - her report's here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63410#1500678 .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Westendorf.............good for families and beginner area is on the doorstep. Kitzbuhl a bus ride away. (ski-able with the right passes).

Worth a look IMO.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oberlech is really fantastic but will cost you a small fortune to stay there - the toboggan run down to Lech is amazing. Serfaus is regularly winning best family resort in Austria but when I looked into it, the cost was working out the same as Oberlech.
We took our lot to Kappl this year and thought it was a great place for the family. Good nursery area and good slopes to progress onto. Great value too. Don't dismiss the area once you've looked at the piste map (only 45km or so in Kappl - much much more when you add in Ischgl etc) - I quite happilly skied there all week with one day in Ischgl - the skiing was excellent and lots of wee areas through the trees which the kids love.
To be fair pretty much all Austrian resorts cater well for families so you'll have a great time wherever you decide.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
St Johann in Tirol is great for families with a lift pass that covers two other resorts complete with free ski bus. The resort is actually a proper town so lots of nice things to do away from the slopes and a good train service to other towns if you want to venture out for the day. The ski school for kids is excellent and you can pay extra for the school to look after children over lunch time giving you whole day to ski. It has great snowmaking facilites now so should be no problem skiing in decemeber. The hotels are pretty good and excellent value and the Hotel Park is only a two minute walk to the main lift.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis is a large Austrian resort targetting especially the families. I echo it for a resort to bring young children along.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richiavo wrote:
St Johann in Tirol is great for families with a lift pass that covers two other resorts complete with free ski bus. The resort is actually a proper town so lots of nice things to do away from the slopes and a good train service to other towns if you want to venture out for the day. The ski school for kids is excellent and you can pay extra for the school to look after children over lunch time giving you whole day to ski. It has great snowmaking facilites now so should be no problem skiing in decemeber. The hotels are pretty good and excellent value and the Hotel Park is only a two minute walk to the main lift.

I'll second that.Park's a cracking hotel and well run.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy