Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus 19-28 March

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for all the advise everybody, had a wonderful time.

Very sunny for first week, snow was going fast, but had last two days with fresh powder , hope it lasts.
We stayed at Kinderhotel St. Zeno, which was amazing with the kids. Food was fantastic, rooms very spacious and modern. Great pool and wellness area. They were also willing to let us stay 9 days, flexible with a late check-out and gave us 20% discount because we were more than 3 families.
Transfer by bus www.loackertours.at from Zurich to Serfaus and back smoothly and efficient
Hired skis from Patscheider Talstation on internet through www.alpinresorts.com. Good quality, got the exact tigersharks and xwings we booked. Also rented storage at shop, very organized, although gets very busy at peak times.
Ski School classes a bit big(10), private lessons better. School up in mountain.
Infrastructure very impressive, almost no Tbars, all lifts very easy to get on for kids, most safety bars lock and open automatically.
Slopes more than enough also quite a few challenging blacks, with enough distances to keep everyone happy. Slope marking and signs very good and easily understandable.
Found locals to be very friendly, although English not always spoken.
Leithe-Wirt restaurant in mountain highly recommended.
All in all a fantastic holiday, already thinking about going back...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lizski, glad to hear you enjoyed it! You've shamed me as I still haven't got round to putting a report or pictures up. Did you climb up onto one of the big chairs? And did you find the Spooky Trail for the kids? I would love to go back there again, but it is quite expensive, although not expensive in the bars and restaurants as say Lech was. I'll have a look at the transfer you used.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The kids (sevenyearolds) skied the spooky trail in school, and when they tried to show it to us we spent a very frustrating morning skiing and searching, but could not find it from their expert instruction!
Any ideas on which slope it is?..According to them they used the new Konigsleithebahn uplift?
Yes, it is quite expensive, but we found the quality of everything outstanding, and compared to the tiny cramped places in France for the same prices, well worth it. Lasting impression of class and high quality.
Also found prices in restaurants good with huge portions and unexpectedly good quality food for Austria.
No, did not get up on big chairs, but loved the humour.
Not very good with computers, but might try to get some photos up later.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lizski, how long was the transfer from Zurich? we want to do Serfaus next year but was concerned about it taking aaayyyyyyges.

D
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The spooky trail was quite fun, with a troll in a cave and some cackling witches - I thought for a minute there were more snowHeads there Toofy Grin . It was not really by the new chair, only that it was on the Fiss slopes so you need to get over there, probably using the new chair. It was below the mid-station of the Schonjochbahn. I need to look at my piste map to say exactly where it was but there is some writing in red on the piste map there - that's it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The resort had put in about 15 seating areas around the resort, in viewpoints. Some had these big seats......
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
(Oooh that last picture came out a bit fuzzy!)..... and other seats were like this - I couldn't imagine these remaining unvandalised for long in most places!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, it is a long transfer. Took us 3 1/2 hours there and 4 back, and we had good trafficconditions as it was not on normal transfer days. Back the driver had to stop for a 30min break (Austrian driving laws)

If flights to Innsbruck is an option I would look into that, maybe ask the transfer company- they have been very helpfull.

Husband had to go to Zurich for work 2 days and took a taxi to Landeck and train to Zurich, maybe an option if not enough people for transfer. ( the smallest bus 18 seater) we were 10 on transfer and still worth it, especially with kids.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lizski, thanks, it is a tricky transfer. Innsbruck flights are difficult from the NW, but I will keep my fingers crossed for some more options for next year. Munich is the other option which I think is about the same distance as Zurich.

D
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Deliaskis, Just a word of warning on the Munich option. If you go on a Saturday expect a long transfer - we were 5 hours to Kappl (next valley). BUT my neighbour flew to Munich for St Anton and went Sunday to Thursday and roads were absolutely fine - c 2.5 hours wach way - would expect Serfaus to be similar if not shorter.
lizski, glad you enjoyed Serfaus as is definitely an area I would like to go to with the kids - cost of hotels etc is quite expensive though when I looked into a couple of years back (on a par with Oberlech)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski, If you travel low season the transfers from Munich are not so problematic. There are several weekends per season to avoid travelling though! rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue, We travelled 2nd Jan so was expecting to be travelling against the flow of traffic, ie all the Dutch and Germans coming back from Austria, but was soooo wrong. Once we got past exit for Zillertal, the roads were fine but seriously rammed up till that point.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got a few pictures to snowmediazone, no idea how to get them here though!

Deliaskis, A friend that lives in Munich joined us for a few days, she drove down(up?) in about 3 hours.
boabski, I cannot recommend it highly enough for children. As everything is so geared for kids, there is a lot less stress and therefore relaxed parents with happy kids.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boabski, yep - that is a bad one! The Bavarian, Hessen and Baden-Württemburg schools all have holidays until the day AFTER Jan 6th. So depending on how the week pans out, i.e. 6th on a Thursday for example - these states all have an extra week's holiday. Plus all the Eastern European countries have New Year on the 6th!!

It is not just the UK holiday dates you need to be aware off if you are driving!

Sue wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lizski wrote:
Got a few pictures to snowmediazone, no idea how to get them here though!

Either copy and paste the coding at the bottom of the page called 'Linked thumbnail' or click on the icon to the right and it'll bring up further picture size options - et voila! Very Happy

latest report
Town after a week of warm sunshine
Then
The town seen from St Zeno after snow
Will try, thankscathy,
snow conditions
I really loved Serfaus/Fiss. Up there with Ischgl IMHO.

How did the runs down to the resort hang in during the warm weather? Slushy but skiable? They have pretty impressive snow making there if I remember correctly
latest report
Warm week melted everything in and around town , but pistes all open, although, like you say, skiable slush especially on slopes into town. Pistes well looked after. Blacks on Lazidbahn side had a lot of brown showing through. On Friday we had one good nights snow and all was back to white. Lovely quiet Saturday with fresh snow everywhere.

We will probably try to go earlier if we go again, or might have just been unlucky with the weather. On the other hand was wonderful to have the nice sunny days and no kids with freezing hands.

Will try photos again- sofar only got the thumbnails there! This was on the St Zeno bridge the morning after the snow
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/503/medium/DSC02878.jpg
ski holidays
Sorry. trying again
snow report
The Obere Scheidabfahrt after the snow

Town before and after

latest report
Just spent the last four days here in serfaus (this being typed from the bar of Geigers Lifehotel ). Have had a really great four days. Although it has been incredibly warm we have managed to pick up some untracked powder every day- Last snow was on Monday the 5th! Where we have not been laying down tracks in powder we have been laying down tracks in firn*, which I like just as much! The kids have been in ski school in serfaus; worked a treat!
I can't understand why serfaus gets so completely ignored by Brit TOs. I hardly heard an english voice the whole time here. They don't know what they are missing!
latest report
Steilhang, did you stay at Geigers Lifehotel ? Would it be a good choice for a family of 4 -kids of 10 and 5 ?
ski holidays
had a great week in serfaus 3 years ago but thought the prices were a little steep for food and drink especially as you get nearer to the gondola end of the village.I uderstand that food is sorted when staying half board in hotel but the prices were crazy. we stayed in apartments which were beautiful and we could ski back to our door + with the difference in price from hotel we had 500 pp extra to spend. dont understand why people do the hotel thing as you depend on them for food quality and sometimes it leaves a lot to be desired.
we used to always do hotels when we started sking but havent in the last 6-7 years
latest report
MattWild, I would really have a look at St. Zeno kinderhotel with children,
we were very impressed and the kids loved every moment of it. We were able to go off-season and got a very good deal, otherwise would be a bit steeply priced though.

creedgearoid, can you remember the apartments or who you booked it through?
ski holidays
booked direct but cant remember name now. will find out from OH AND I'll get back to you this evening. they are really nice apartments set on the upper side of the village which is important from a walking point of view as If the snow is half decent you can ski back to the door. assume you know how to read the town map on the web site for accom locations? its important to do so you understand where you stay. there are just 2 apartments available in the building which are on the upper floor with the family who own the building staying in the ground floor. we had a group of 11 and had loads of room 9 adults and 2 kids. dont know what your group size is but would be nice if you could get the whole floor to yourselves. ill get back to you this eve
snow report
lizski, the apartments are the apart-luna.at thought it was just 2 apartments but it was actually 3 which look just as good in real time as they do in the pictures.
snow report
thanks for your trouble creedgearoid, it looks great and modern. We are sorted for this year, but looking at Serfaus again next year, and the kids might be big enough then for SC.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy