Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss snow

Poster: A snowHead
Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've booked to go to Zermatt on the 27th Nov. It doesn't appear the snow conditions are great right now, any chance of it improving? We're flying to Zurich, and I'm wondering should I cancel our hotel booking and pick another resort?? Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warm and green down the road in Champery and all up the valley towards Zermatt currently, although forecast a sprinkling this week so thinks could change for the better for the 27th
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jack E, Zermatt has some of the highest skiing, and best summer skiing, in Europe.
You will have snow to ski on, but at village level...who knows.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jack E, I will look at my crystal ball Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy, that would be great , thanks Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Honestly, I'm not too familiar with the resort, and I suppose I was just hoping that those of you with prior experience might be able to advise regarding the snow history in the past.

rungsp, I dont mind no village level snow, once there are pistes open. The high altitude is the reason I book the resort.

summer, thanks for the update. I'll keep and eye on the situation and if it hasn't improved by next week I think I'll cancel the hotel and consider another resort. (There is a 7 day cancellation policy)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jack E wrote:
snowcrazy, that would be great , thanks Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Honestly, I'm not too familiar with the resort, and I suppose I was just hoping that those of you with prior experience might be able to advise regarding the snow history in the past.

rungsp, I dont mind no village level snow, once there are pistes open. The high altitude is the reason I book the resort.

summer, thanks for the update. I'll keep and eye on the situation and if it hasn't improved by next week I think I'll cancel the hotel and consider another resort. (There is a 7 day cancellation policy)

Stick with your booking Jack - I was in Zermatt 2 weeks ago and conditions were absolutely epic. View from Trokener Steg:

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike, but then it rained. I had a look at the web cam today and it does not look like that anymore. But I do agree, keep your bookings Jack, it is still one of the best places to go Very Happy and it could be back to it's full glory by the holidays. Nobody really knows. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jack E, lots forecast tonight and Sunday with colder temps around for the next couple of weeks. I reckon you'll be skiing to the village.

Anyone ski Lac de Vaux at the weekend?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH, see Verbiernet report http://www.verbinet.com/snow_report.php
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zermatt closed today due to winds. Word is chance of it being closed for much of tomorrow too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowing there today and last night.... snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
About 15cm of fresh in the village at Zermatt today, 25-30 up the mountain. Still snowing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Temps dropped from 12c here yesterday to 3.2c today, plus rain, which is bound to be snow in the hills. Looks like the week its going to alternate between dry and rain/snow with temps staying lower. Zermatts down for getting a bit most days, but the South East Switzerland in a triangle from Andermat - Samnuan - San Bernadino looks like its going to get dumped on this week
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
According to the radio, snow down to 500m in some parts today. It certainly looks a lot lower than it has been, looking out of my office window across Lake Geneva.
snow conditions
Zermatt open today with good snow but poor vis.
latest report
Cheers Brian, going to look at a few webcams Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Been snowing here all night again, and snowing above village (Champery) The temp has not been above 2 degrees in the village today. So things are improving.
snow conditions
Further big tempreture dropp off next week should hold the snow in Zermatt, probably to the village, (never been but seems likely to me) snowHead
ski holidays
Great snow on and in between, poorish vis, a bit wind and a few too many people in Zermatt yesterday.
latest report
Looking to ski out of Montreux from Thursday 02 December through to Friday 10th.

What's open / will be open mid-week as well as weekend please.
latest report
Mike Pow, Verbier and GM probably your best bets. 15cm forecast tonight so I'm planning on go up for first look of the season on Saturday. I think there's a bit more forecast next week as well.
ski holidays
You around for any mid-week turns BobinCH?

Thursday 2nd
Friday 3rd
Monday 6th
Wednesday 8th
snow report
As much as I enjoy reading about Swiss snow generally, would there be any interest in setting up a "Verbier/4-Vallees 2010/11" thread for more specific snow/conditions updates?

As I am not local, there is little point in me setting it up.
snow report
I spotted this excellent report with loads of photos from last week in Zermatt. At the start of the week the village and valley is autumnal, it then illustrates the snowfall on the 16th onwards and the icy grip of winter takes over.

The text is in german but the pics speak for themselves:

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37079

This photo album too from 22nd-24th Nov, the guy obviously has a fetish for lift machinery, ski racks and the local cuisine, but some good snowscape photos too showing some beautiful conditions and empty pistes Going green :

http://www.jacomet.ch/themen/skilift/album/thumbnails.php?album=259
snow report
Mike Pow, weekend warrior I'm afraid
ski holidays
Mike Pow, i'll be in andermatt on Mon 6th. Not particularly close to Montreux I know...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH
Pity

Arno
Andermatt open every day now?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Pow, from what i can work out, official opening day is 4th so i am hoping that means skiing there on monday 6th! if not, we'll probably head over to engelberg
snow conditions
1556garyt wrote:
As much as I enjoy reading about Swiss snow generally, would there be any interest in setting up a "Verbier/4-Vallees 2010/11" thread for more specific snow/conditions updates?

Yep snowHead
snow report
twoodwar,

If there is no snow in Zermatt, then everywhere else will be struggling.
Looking good now, only 3 weeks 4 days and we'll be there. Yippee
latest report
47cms at vilaage level forecast for Zermatt in the next 6 days, not to mention nearly as cold as Liverpool
ski holidays
Zermatt -22 deg C at the top of the hill yesterday, with wind chill additional. The very tips of our noses, all 9 of us, went white within 30 seconds. Retreated down the hill to below Trockener Steg, together with the whole resort. Later on, dropped to -20 deg C down in the town, but luckily air was quite still. The snow though, is still brilliant. It was in Cervinia on Thu also. snowHead
ski holidays
Mike Pow, you're in for a treat....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=69757&highlight=

It was so good the missus has given me a pass to go over and have a look at GM tomorrow Very Happy
ski holidays
Excellent. Thanks. Roll on Thursday.
snow report
Zermatt pretty cold at the moment, but has opened most of the areas. Link to Italy closed today (Sunday). Has been windy so a lot of new snow has blown away.
ski holidays
Meiringen Hasliberg 50 cm of fresh pow, lifts working on the weekend, pistes not open, but who cares Smile
latest report
brian wrote:

Oooooh. snowHead

This is (almost) the view from the rear balcony of our apartment. Our block is about 100m to the right of this webcam.
snow conditions
FRIDAY 03 DECEMBER 2010

Glacier 3000, Les Diablerets

Deserted, great visibility, sunshine, fantastic powder - light and mid thigh at times, first face shots of the season. Had to hike for those though.

Unfortunately my street is steeper and longer.

Go if you're a beginner or a park rat. Otherwise don't bother.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 5-12-10 8:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
SATURDAY 04 DECEMBER 2010

Verbier

Sunshine, not too much queuing, great piste conditions, great pow off groomed, just had to watch out for the rocks. Some very impressive lines put in considering the coverage.

Limited terrain opening on what was my first visit to Verbier, certainly won't be the last. Can see what all the fuss is about.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy