Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss snow

Poster: A snowHead
Doing Switzerland for the first time this year (excepting over the border from Cervinia and Avoriaz that is), and going to Zematt. Good snow forecast for Sunday. First decent dump of the year if it happens (on much maligned but addictive Snow forecast). Looks a good start for a so called relatively 'dry' resort. Only another 107 days of checking online! snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
twoodwar, what you need is a feed of live data from automatic snow depth measuring stations updated every three hours.

Et voila wink

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

on much maligned but addictive Snow forecast

Snow-forecast has been 100% right for us recently. Once or twice when it was well adrift from meteo france I had my doubts, but meteo france came round to the same way of thinking a bit later in the day. We had 6 cms of snow today, exactly as forecast, and the temperatures forecast were spot on, too. Now I hope they're right to say that we'll get bright sunshine tomorrow (and wrong about the torrential rain for the weekend. Sad Sad ).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pam good to hear, I do like Snow forecast, and take it each year to resort. Nearly always right for the next 4 or 5 days.
Brian, should I follow the address at the bottom for this??

Sorry for ignorance, but looks a lot better for me than wigglies (hence snow forecast), and SCGB snow reports
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian wrote:
twoodwar, what you need is a feed of live data from automatic snow depth measuring stations updated every three hours.

Et voila wink

Brian - what do the numbers mean?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fifespud wrote:
Brian - what do the numbers mean?

His earning per referall per country x snowheads / days of the year * powder days - whisky days
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, wink

twoodwar, the pic above will update every 3 hours, page is here if you'd rather go direct: http://www.slf.ch/lawineninfo/schneeinfo/stationsdaten/rk42_sd_c_EN

Fifespud, for reading x/y , y is the current snow depth, x is the increase over the last 24 hours (if any).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brian

thankyou for the link and clarification
latest report
 brian
brian

Oooooh. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That pic from the Grimentz webcam looks ace. Will be there in Jan, cant wait.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs telford_mike is in Zermatt at the moment with a load of Canadians - apparently they all went out and rented powder skis yesterday afternoon.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
a fair bit in a nearby village as well Brian, shame it's all a bit too early in reality!! Hopefully some will hang around higher up for a decent base!

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian, so 28/25 means ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boardiac, 28cm current snow depth with 25cm of that in the last 24 hrs
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wouldn't that be 25/28?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
boardiac, I think it means the AWS is broke. Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a bit of that in Jan would go down very nicely Cool
latest report
loving the 1st NovGFS ramp...

latest report
 brian
brian
kitenski, it's mostly going to be on the Italian side of the alps.
snow conditions
brian wrote:
kitenski, it's mostly going to be on the Italian side of the alps.

Are my coordinates ok in that the map for you know where?
snow conditions
No new snow today in the mountains around Geneva. But we can but hope. Toofy Grin IT does look promising tonight but I think it is to warm and will just rain. Skullie
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Verbier 'probably' opening this weekend, any locals in the know? source: http://www.snow-forecast.com/pages/twitter
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kitenski, the co-ords you have are near Cham. 46/8 is near Saas Fee. You know where is roughly in the middle.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, cheers, fingers crossed the warm spell breaks this weekend!!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kitenski, Sunday looks promising. wink
snow report
As far as I know Verbier are still planning on opening on the 6th, although its mild right now and they will take a hit before it cools down this weekend.

Zermatt was shut for skiing (but not for drinking!) all last weekend; the wind was registering 114km at one point on Saturday, not much Fohn Sad
snow conditions
kitenski, from the Verbier website:

"Même si la neige est tombée ces derniers jours, le fort vent en altitude n’a pas permis d’avoir une couche de neige suffisante pour recouvrir les pistes.
Nous ne pouvons pas ouvrir le domaine ce week-end.
Mais si les conditions le permettent, le Lac des Vaux ouvrira le samedi 6 novembre.
Rendez-vous le 3 novembre pour le verdict !"

...in other words maybe the Lac des Vaux area to open this weekend, confirmed tomorrow, other areas have been too windy to get a good enough coverage.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
FreeBeer, welcome to snowHead s. A suitably awful pun to get you up and running there. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitters, I sure hope so as most places stayed shut last weekend and I just got back so was very disappointed. Still nothing out on the hills near me but it did look dark tonight.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, where are you based? I'm in Nyon and there was quite a bit on the Jura behind us a week or so ago, but this has all now gone.
ski holidays
Doubt Verbier will be open. Attelas webcam looks pretty bare.
snow conditions
Tempreature drop, and snow above 2100 forecast for Zermatt for the weekend- ish. Anychance of it getting lowever (Iknow there is a chance of anything, - but you know, an experts view of likelyhood)
ski holidays
kitenski, and the verdict is 'non'. They are now looking at the 13th/14th to open:

Try again next week
latest report
I think the glacier at Les Dialablrets is open now (is that how you spell it) Puzzled , but it will be full of racers Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Verbier to (part) open for the weekend from Friday:

Quote:

Nous ouvrons ce weekend :
vendredi 12, samedi 13 et dimanche 14 novembre :

- - Châble-Verbier pour la liaison de 8.40 à 16.45

- -Verbier-Ruinettes (Médran I) pour la liaison de 8.45 à 16.30

- - Funispace pour la liaison de 9.00 à 16.30

- -Lac des Vaux I pour le ski de 9.15 à 16.15

Le self-service du restaurant Olympique sera ouvert également ces 3 jours.

Les bus circuleront dans la station selon les horaires réduits.
snow conditions
Snowing down to 700m tonight according to the Meteo, but warming up a bit over the weekend
ski holidays
well with the temp predicted to hit 18c in places over the weekend, i'd hold fire on decent snow till end of next week
ski holidays
Rain Rain Rain in Zermatt Sad
latest report
Snowline forecast at 2200m tonight and tomorrow so Lac de Vaux should be ok as above that. You could be skiing in a t-shirt on Sunday.....
latest report
twoodwar, Shocked and looks like possibly staying that way next couple of weeks too...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy