Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Schuss in Boots wrote:
[sigh]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, Laughing Laughing Don't ask me why but I'm getting an urge to throw myself off either a lift or a mogully black run again... Crazy probably ain't so far off rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blown off the hill today. Vent Fort means nothing is open in the glacier. Not surprised as very windy, even down here in Tignes Les Boisses.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, that's a shame for the last day Sad we were so lucky with our weather weren't we?! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
njl1968 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I been looking to go on a ski course last week Nov or first week December, I am always a little concerned about ski conditions early season having been to Verbier once, with only two piste open! Crying or Very sad In general how much gets opened in Tignes first weeks of the season and is the off piste worth doing (without wrecking skis on rocks)!

Thanks

Neil

Of the 4 seasons I did in Tignes (2005/06 trough to 2008/09), the worst official opening day of the Espace Killy ie last Saturday of November was 2006/07, though even then you could ski from the top of the Grande Motte down to Val Claret - 4400 feet vertical. Generally most of the Espace was available on opening day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
After yesterday's very high winds today was a return to (mostly) blue skies and about 10cm of fresh snow overnight, continuing the amazing early season conditions. No stills photos from me, but just a couple of frames from the helmetcam I was playing with.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy Nice

if thats Scott in the Blue, tell him that turn looks a little skidded for such good snow wink wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
livetoski, you're a brave man! He was skiing sweet today; I had trouble keeping up.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski, hard to leave pencil tracks in 5" of fresh snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NehNeh skimottaret, you and your 5" I am just wishing I was there really LOL
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Next time anyone one of you is up on the Tignes glacier, could you pop over to the webcam and move that thingy that has fallen over the lens. Bottom cam, scroll around, what is it?

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, try this link for the official Tignes website which is OK. Looks like a lot less snow than last week!

http://www.tignes.net/en/ski-a-tignes/webcams-290.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevew, Thanks, new webcams I ain't seen

Only 7 weeks until we are there Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller wrote:

Shocked Shocked I didn't think that was possible. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Schuss in Boots wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

Shocked Shocked I didn't think that was possible. Toofy Grin

Some for you to gen up on before your next trip daahhhhhhlling.....wink Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/IdNAS38aVXs

You over the end of November?
latest report
thefatcontroller, Classic! Laughing Laughing

"you want to make sure that your ski tips are not down but are actually facing up allowing you to get off the chair lift like this and smoothly go up and over the bump that they build at the top of the chair lift..." Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

At the moment no, haven't booked anything. Need to find out a bit more about the timing of the redundancy program, if I get the chance I may well make a last minute dash - always supposing there's availability which is probably unlikely this late in the day. Sad
snow report
thefatcontroller - pay attention, otherwise:-

http://youtube.com/v/oBc9zEK7Edo&NR=1

http://youtube.com/v/2vWusfUiI5g&NR=1

http://youtube.com/v/p2lXOcNQw68&NR=1
ski holidays
Crikey, it does look as if we used up all the snow the other week! Sorry! Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy, Well if you will keep using it in your drinks instead of ice.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, ah, so you also heard how much she was drinking when she was there. Doesn't news travel fast...
latest report
Schuss in Boots, Toofy Grin

I don't know who rob@rar could be talking about - a dry sherry before dinner and a small glass of sweet white with my meal Little Angel
latest report
cathy wrote:
I don't know who rob@rar could be talking about - a dry sherry before dinner and a small glass of sweet white with my meal Little Angel

It's important to set the record straight, so you're quite right, that's what you had before the evening meal. My apologies for any confusion about what you drank before dinner.

BTW, how many shots of one concoction or another did you have after dinner?
latest report
My previous post may not have been strictly factual wink - but the genepi rounds the last evening were the killer Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
cathy, it is a source of amazement to me that you managed to ski so well the following day!
ski holidays
rob@rar, you and me both! I think I and betterinblack were in competition as to who could go the whitest that day - he beat me hands down when he took his first mouthful of lunch Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Just had a quick look at the webcams and no snow in Le Lac just yet, but I see there is a dusting in Val Claret now and the top of the Tov has snow. I don't know how long that's been there (on the Tov) as haven't looked at webcams in a couple of weeks. Good to see anyhow Very Happy
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, snow to very low altitudes today - around 1300m? It won't stay though.
ski holidays
I'll let you know what it's like next weekend, I'll be there next Sunday evening Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, snow to very low altitudes today - around 1300m? It won't stay though.

Maybe - forecast looks nice for next week though, so hopefully it might stick around for a little while.
ski holidays
milky, looks like a cold week next week. I won't be there until quite a few weeks after opening weekend so there should be a fair bit by then.
snow report
Quote:

hopefully it might stick around for a little while.

not round our altitudes it won't, it was 21 degrees just a few days ago; the ground is pretty warm. But it was nice to go for a walk through snowy woods. snowHead
latest report
Looks like a beautiful morning in Tignes Very Happy The snow canons are working on Double M and a little more snow forecast tonight Little Angel Little Angel

Should be there tomorrow, depending on the French strikers and managing to buy some diesel somewhere rolling eyes
snow conditions
stewart woodward, wow just saw the webcams was surprised to see the snow canons running
ski holidays
Arrived in Tignes middle of the night with no major problems. A small rolling block outside Calais but nothing serious. Decided to keep topping the fuel up when half empty instead of running low. No problems buying fuel except just south of Lyon when some pumps were dry but no restrictions.

This morning is very cold with snow showers but the hill is closed due to high winds. Gives me a day to sort out all those little jobs and go skiing tomorrow Laughing Laughing
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
Arrived in Tignes middle of the night with no major problems. A small rolling block outside Calais but nothing serious. Decided to keep topping the fuel up when half empty instead of running low. No problems buying fuel except just south of Lyon when some pumps were dry but no restrictions.

Thanks for the info. Driving to Paris on Saturday and hoping the petrol situation doesn't get worse this week.

Have a great season in Tignes. Will try to meet up in the Alpaka Happy
latest report
stewart woodward,

Hi stewart. good to hear that you're back. How is the shoulder that you crocked at the end of last season?

We will be in Tignes for Xmas (19th to 26th) so hope to see you and Mrs. W then. We'll be in the Aguille so no trouble wobbling home from the Alpaka. wink

Really does look "wintry" on the cams today so fingers crossed for another great season in the Espace Killy. See you soon, George and Claire.
ski holidays
Wow - the power of advertising - we've just bought 3 days in November. Thanks to everyone posting here
latest report
Hi GeorgeVII, Good to hear from you.

A clear cold morning today but unfortunatly i have not completed my tasks so skiing will have to wait untill tomorrow Sad If snowforecast.lie.com is to be belived we can expect quite a lot of snow sunday Little Angel Little Angel Tignes is also forecasting snow so we will probably get some.

'How is the shoulder that you crocked at the end of last season? ' We will find out next week when i bang it into a few race gates Puzzled
snow conditions
stewart woodward, hurry up and get all those chores done then! Toofy Grin Have a good start to the season snowHead
snow report
Forecast is for 20cm at 2500m on Sunday with freezing point down to 1350m on Sunday night. Shame I arrive Sunday evening Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy