Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question about Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick, simple question really. If we stayed in Arcs 1600 but wanted to go out for a drink in Arcs 1800 after having returned for our evening meal, (taking the half board option), is it walkable/taxiable each way? I've read that the buses stop running at around 9.30 p.m. We really want to stay in 1800 as we found 1600 a bit quiet before, but really liked the hotel La Cachette, and it's a fair bit cheaper than the equivalent half board option at 1800. Mostly we just have a quiet drink after dinner and crash, but it would be nice to have the option, especially as we'll be going at Christmas snowHead Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

its about 2 km by road from 1600 to 1800 (so should be walkable), the navettes do stop around 2130 but may find a taxi share for return trip
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's great, thank you. Are taxis relatively easy to book/find after 9.30, and they're ok about not driving that far? I think even I can manage 2km though Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NSB1977,

Lots more info and news about Les Arc

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382

Just in case you missed it wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheztichot, Have you ever tried to walk it in the winter, it is all up hill on the way there and cold. Plus they drive like crazy people. It sure seems like more than 2km, but never measured it. I have walked and biked it though.

NSB1977, Last year the commune even told everyone they should not be walking on any main connecting roads at night in winter as it is aganist some stupid byelaws or something like that. I think after what happened in Val, they do not want some drunken students falling down in a ditch and not waking up again. Taxis late at night are also very expensive between stations as the buses stop at 9pm, or at least the did last year. So my advice, do not plan on walking between stations, if you want better night life, although the hotel there is very nice, stay in Arc 1800, 2000 0r 1950. Arc 1600 is very much a sleepy French station as you should have seen from last time you stayed there. There is another option, apre on the mountain or in Arc 1800, then ski back. It is a fun trip after the lifts close, but guess I should not be suggesting that either.

If you have any other questions about Les Arcs you are better off asking on the main thread for Les Arcs under snow reports or go to my Les Arcs info page on facebook and post there. Hope this helps.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134900026541300&ref=ts (My facebook Les Arcs Group page)

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382&start=40 (Snowheads Les Arcs main thread)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy wrote:

If you have any other questions about Les Arcs you are better off asking on the main thread for Les Arcs under snow reports or go to my Les Arcs info page on facebook and post there. Hope this helps.

I always like to read your advice on Les Arcs, but I don't agree with your statement above. A specific thread for a specific question keeps the snow report thread on topic, also makes searching easier. In this case though I think the OP could have made the thread title more meaningful wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy, Taxi driver in Tignes last year advised us that the local registration for Tignes, Les Arcs etc.. has '73' in it. Anything with that reg is to be avoided like the plague, mental drivers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

snowcrazy, Taxi driver in Tignes last year advised us that the local registration for Tignes, Les Arcs etc.. has '73' in it. Anything with that reg is to be avoided like the plague, mental drivers.

The registration for the whole of the Savoie region has 73 in it... unless it's a new car - there's now a new format which doesn't include any reference to the region.

Daft statement.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevomcd wrote:
there's now a new format which doesn't include any reference to the region.

Shame - always good for a giggle when you nip past a frigging '75' plate frenchie on the road up to resort in your brit plated wagon...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Right hand side of the new plates is 73 and the free savoie logo Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all,
Sorry I've only just caught up, I've not been online. Apologies if I posted in the wrong place, I had seen comments about that thread being a bit off topic so thought this might be a better place for it. Many thanks for all your replies Very Happy

With more consideration, I think we may go for the Hotel du Golf at 1800, I saw an offer at a reasonably good price though more expensive than Cachette at 1600 obviously, 1800 would be the best option I think. I'm unsure whether to book now or hope the price goes down - I guess a lot depends on how much snow there is and whether others start booking up? I am keen to book now so we know we can definitely get the place we want but OH seems in no hurry and he's paying Toofy Grin Just so desperate to go back and getting impatient.

ETA - I don't have a Facebook because of the nature of my job, but will see if I can view that link...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hotel du Golf is great, however, if this is a lads trip one thing to note is the bathroom has a big glass door and wall with only some frosted bands across it!!! Shocked
Fine if you are couples but a little weird with mates!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That IS weird! I'm a girl snowHead going with my partner, much as I love him I've no desire to see him on the loo Laughing The toilet is separate, right? Laughing Shocked Good to hear the hotel is good from a SH. Reviews on the net are mostly good but a little mixed depending on which site you look at, but I think for location it's pretty spot on. As long as the food is good then I'll be happy. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The toilet is seperate!!
Location I think is perfect, practically ski in and out (depends how high you straight line it from up the slopes).
I've been there twice and it's within a 5min walk of everything you need, bars, restaurants, shops etc.
I'm not sure if its changed but they used to always a live jazz band on in the hotel bar, and even though I'm not a jazz fan they were amazing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx, hi, we asked this question of regular posters just after the new thread for this season was started over on snow reports. The response was that almost everyone wants everything in one place not split. So sorry to disagree with you, but most of the up-to-date info about Les Arcs will be posted on:

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382&start=40

But I am still happy to answer questions here as well if they have not been written about already in the main thread.

If anyone wants to read the latest stuff about Les Arcs, follow the link above or you can always go to my Facebook group info page without signing up for facebook for loads of info, links, pics and cool videos of Les Arcs as well. Enjoy.
snow report
snowcrazy, no problem, I was just thinking that so much good informaiton will quickly get lost in the numerous pages that will emerge over the season, still it's not me that wants the info so fair enough
ski holidays
Quote:

Hotel du Golf at 1800

is Verrryy nice, NSB1977, but I do recall the glass fronted bathrooms... Shocked . The bar was a bit disorganised for service when it got busy [we were there over New Year] as was the gala meal at New Year, but other than that it was a very nice place to stay. You can book ski passes in the foyer [IIRC and it was a couple or so years ago we were there...]. and it is as ish303, a 1 minute stagger with your skis to the front de neige. Good food too. Nice service, but it was expensive.

We missed out on the jazzish303, talks of, but the head barman at that time was a bit of character and did get up and play music at some point.

If you want similar convenience you could try the P&V apts in Arc 1800. Definitely ski-in out, by the Transarc gondola, a little further from the shops but no more than 5 mins brisk walk. [I am predictably a bit of a fan of the Pierres places].
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy