Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2010/11

Poster: A snowHead
See the back of that child with the sledge? You gave him a Torico T-Shirt, he still wears it with pride.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good info on the online ski passess, however, we have a few passes from last season so I'm keen to update them via the website, before I do, are they 'genderised' (if there is such a word!!) my hubs lost his and I have 3 adult female ones, I can't see 'female' on them but they are mine and our two daughter's from Jan 2010. So i don't want to update them if he's going to be rejected for not being a girl!! Any thoughts? snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sprinkles, if they work like ours, the entire chip is re-validated with the details of the new purchase - what you have is presumably just the "holder" for the information. On our system any pass can be turned into any other pass but maybe yours are different.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
good to hear the kids like their torico shirts Madeye-Smiley looking forward to coming out in jan for the first trip of the winter, for now im content with my addiction to the remontee mechanique website and studying the webcam progress of the chavannes replacement and the chamossiere lifts
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that PamW think I'll do some more research.....before I commit Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow falling in Champery about 4 cm in village and more up high!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yet another slightly white morning on the tundra behind the chalet in Morzine. Forecast on and off all week with snow down to 600mts at times.
Guess I had better look out the snow tyre set of wheels then.
With this much snow I would not be surprised if Avoriaz did not open for a cheeky weekend for the locals.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DallyPaul, Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Was getting worried that we had slipped to page 2 Shocked

Not quite sure what the hay bales are for at the bottom of the Chavannes this morning Confused The digger is doing something with them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have awoken to a White village (Champery) about 10-15 cm fell yesterday plus whatever fell out of the sky last night. Going to get the new tele boots and bindings (ntn) on, dust off the skins and go play!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hay bales are being spread out this morning, it's quite intriguing, I have no idea what they are doing with hay on his newly profiled slope on chevanne. Also my folks were up at the golf course this weekend and said there are a lot of earth movers up there, any ideas.... We are also mourning the loss of the schuss cafe, we loved the schuss for the people watchig on the high street and the great cakes . The whole of town still looks like a bit of a bomb site, the pressure must be on to finish most of these projects and smarten the 2011projects up a bit!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got my first dump alert from morznet this morning. Let it snow Happy Anyone going out this weekend?
Quote:

It's finally here!!
The first proper snowfall of the 2010/2011 winter season arrived in Morzine/Avoriaz last night.
Recently there have been small deposits of snow above 1700m and while Avoriaz was receiving a reasonable covering Morzine was seeing nothing but rain.
Last night, however, the freezing level dropped to below 1000m and that rain turned into snow.
There is now about six centimetres lying on the ground in Morzine and for the first time since last winter the Pleney is covered.
Obviously this is not enough to ski on but the snow is still falling and the forecast is for another sixteen centimetres throughout this coming week with the freezing level staying below 1000m.

The plan, at the moment, is for the Chavannes lift in Les Gets to open this weekend, this will be confirmed on Friday but reports are that there is over a foot of snow above 1300m in Les Gets so things are looking hopeful.

Although there is no early openings planned for Avoriaz all the pistes above 1800m are complete at the moment. The official measurements claim that there is a good covering of about thirty centimetres across the resort, with another twenty centimetres forecast for this week.

Maybe we'll see you on the slopes in Les Gets this weekend?!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
torico, I am equally flummoxed (?sp) Laughing Home from work, first thing I did after putting kettle on was to check again Laughing Youngest thinks perhaps they are erecting a large nativity scene?! I did point out that that would be in a ridiculous position at the bottom of a piste and right where the masses rendezvous for ESF!

Any more ideas? Can't think it would be anything to do with the boardercross.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have read that using hay is good for stopping land slippage ??? and as this is a very fresh bit of terrracing they have made, it might help the snow stick to the land without it causing the fresh soil to slide??? basically I have no idea but it all looks very odd - I would like to believe that pere noel does indeed habite aux gets this year and they are putting some bedding down for the reindeer.

now the boardercross has also got me interested _- arent they also supposed to be holding some big events on the boarder X slope this year - where are they sticking that ( I like the idea of lessons from Debo anthonioz on the les gets website) lots of new stuff in town and its all looking very snowy which is great news

and who else is mourning the death of the schuss????
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well that's a more scientific answer certainly Very Happy

I assume that the boarderx will come out somewhere between the trees in front of the new bubble but could be totally wrong. And that would clash with the Boule de Gomme lift which I assume, and hope, is going back in. I know of one snowHead who will be out there before us (fairly soon) so maybe we'll have to be in suspense for a bit longer rolling eyes Laughing

Lots of new things to check out this year. I'm especially interested in the new chair on Chamossiere Confused
I've only been in the Schuss once and there was a good atmosphere. I noticed the restaurant had gone in the summer but didn't notice the patisserie?

EDIT and of course one shouldn't ignore the fact that this hay may impact on the toboganning potential of this excellent luge run Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think the hay bales might have something to do with this:

Quote:

REGENERATION OF THE CARRY AREA
(Ski runs and snow front)
The reconstruction of the new Chavannes
bubble lift was only part of the complete
regeneration of the snow-front area. The
departure point of the Boule de Gomme
draglift (the first ever automatic release
draglift installed in France in 1936) will be
slightly repositioned. This will be of major
benefit, particularly for beginners, as it will be
very easy to ski effortlessly from the ESF (Ski
school) to the cable car thanks to the
perfectly smooth ground.
The upper ski slopes on Carry will also be
remodelled to level out and widen the existing
ski run.

Taken from this
ski holidays
geetee, aha Idea thanks for posting that link
snow report
Am in Morzine for the weekend. Very snowy all the way up from Cluses.

Very "interesting" drive up from Taninges to Les Gets. I'm just very glad noone was coming down the hill as I went sideways around several of the bends...
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni, glad you got there safe. Sounds good for november!!!
snow report
I heard a rumour that Les Gets was opening this weekend. Can anyone confirm?

Jamesc, you should be able to get a discounted pass when you get over here (but must be before 15.12.2010 I think) if you can produce something to show you are here for the whole season. A letter from your work or your landlord should do it.
snow report
Ah awesome thanks Snoozie, Im heading over on the 6th so should be able to get one in time! Not long now! cant wait!
ski holidays
Avoriaz opeing on 4th December - rumours abounded all week that something would be open this weekend in Les Gets or Avoriaz but nothing seems to be happening.

Multipule pile ups of cars outside school this morning - tut tut locals without snow tyres!!!!

Most snow we have seen for ages in one dump in the town!!!

Will keep you all posted if any lifts opening but looks like it's dusting off those skins tomorrow morning!!!
ski holidays
Snoozie, Been hearing rhumours too. But there has been nothing on the radio. And that is where they usually announce it.
Too much work to play this weeekend anyway Sad
latest report
snowandtrek, 4th & 5th Lindarets and Arare Sectors. 09.00 to 16.15 each day.
15.50 for a day ticket. Do not think they will be selling Season passes to cover it.

May be a snowshoe walk on if I get my work done quickly.
latest report
note to self, must learn to randonee!

DallyPaul, last year our season passes covered the early opening weekends. That was quite a result.
latest report
DallyPaul, As far as I know you can buy your season pass now at Sermma in Avoriaz. Might pop up in the week to get ours.

Off for a rando this morning VDM way...just a short one as talking Mr S&T plus mates!!
ski holidays
snowandtrek, I managed to get my season pass in the Pleney office, which was open today and (I think) tomorrow.

I was in Les Gets earlier and asked in the Mont Chery ticket office, which is also open, about opening. Nothing this week, but "very probably" next weekend.
latest report
21 cm of snow on the balcony.

All we need now is Robin Hood...
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni, keep the info coming - we will be there in two weeks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pamski, alas I'll be back in London tomorrow evening. When are you over as I'll be back the weekend of 18th...?
snow report
FlyingStantoni, 10th to the 21st first time round.
snow report
FlyingStantoni, We have our contract with Sermma for lift passes for guests and so there.....scary ladies behind 3in Plexiglass at Pleney!!! Had a play on the Pleney with the kids and also rando was good. Not sure what we are up to today???.....

Pictures see http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2097984&id=1268417246&l=aac6b41983
snow report
FlyingStantoni, Sorry we will miss you! We are over on the 11th to 18th! Hopefully another time!
ski holidays
Well, it certainly looks like winter...

snowandtrek, yes very, very scary ladies. The ones in Les Gets were lovely!
ski holidays
Is the Schuss being re-developed?
snow report
robauxgets, yes, it is. There are big signs outside saying what is happening but I can't remember - more apartments no doubt. They were selling off all the kitchen equipment and glass and china in September/October. I used to sit upstairs having a cup of coffee and watching for Shopi to open when I had yet again got the timing wrong and forgotten quite how long the shops close for at lunch time!!
snow report
Pamski, Thanks for that. I'm heading over on Friday. Do you think that they will open the lifts on Mt Chery this weekend?
snow report
robauxgets, I would doubt it as Mt Chery always seems to be a little behind the rest of Les Gets which is a shame but you never know
snow conditions
Pamski, I'll let you know! Might have to go up to Avoriaz.
snow report
Lifts apparently running in Les Crosets and Champery cable car this weekend. Nothing formal announced but gossip in the village from the people in the know and Remontee Mechanique guys so all looks good. Webcam from Les Croset today is splendid www.champery.ch. I will be heading up to test the new NTN teleboots and bindings, will feed back on lifts if I hear anything more formal here on the Swiss side.
snow conditions
robauxgets, you could always skin up wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy