Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2011 resort closing dates

Poster: A snowHead
We are looking to book our holiday for Easter next year which starts 16th April.
With this being fairly late in the year thoughts are to high resorts for improved chance of snow.
This year many resorts were closing around this date. I noticed that Val Thorens stayed open for a while longer than most other resorts.
Does anybody know closure dates specifically for 3 Valleys resorts 2011, but possibly any other higher altitute resorts?

Thanks,
Llew
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val Thorens/Orelle was open into the first week of May last season.

http://www.valthonet.com/lift-system-and-passes/val-thorens-lift-system-winter.htm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of European resorts will be open for Easter.....regardless of conditions
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Briancon in Serre Che won't be, for example - apparently - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66930

Llew, you'll be alright in Val T, definitely.

Consider Zermatt 'nall.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Tania opening Sat 11 Dec 2010 - 25 Apr 2011 (Easter Monday)
Val Thorens expected to open from 20 November 2010
Courchevel 1850 opening Sat 04 Dec 2010 - 25 Apr 2011 - 3 Valley links expected to open from 4/12
Courchevel 1300, 1550, 1650 opening Sat 11 Dec 2010 - 25 Apr 2011
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you look somewhere other than France some resorts are still open eg St Anton/Lech/Zurs (1/05) and ditto Ischgl.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
According to their Tourist Office Les Arcs closes on 30 April, so will be open for the full Easter week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Llew, As Kitenski says, most of the main 3 valley resorts will usually have limited opening from the weekend of 4th December, snow permitting. Full opening would normally be two weeks later. Closing would be mid April, with an extra week or two of limited service, again if the snow permits. Val Thorens will usually open two weeks earlier than the other resorts, and close 1 week later.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr Technique, the rest of the Serre Che area will be though. I suspect if conditions are good it may remain open later, as it has done so in the past when Easter was late.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flaine 11th dec to 25th april, the rest (of grand massif) probably open 1 week later

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 23-09-10 18:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I find a thread devoted to resort closing dates to be very depressing! It should be outlawed talking about such matters!

especially before the season starts!!! Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cairngorm closed at mid-summer this past season Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Llew, La Tania is open 11/12/10 - 25/4/11
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Sorry - didn't notice your earlier post Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Verbier open until first sunday in may 2011
snow report
Cham 8/5 But only GM will be open by then.
snow conditions
Tignes will close sometime in May Very Happy Very Happy

Sure to be open at Easter Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks everybody for all your information.

shoogly, sorry to depress you, but look on the bright side, looks like many resorts will be open for longer this year compared to last and therefore more time to get your trips in wink
ski holidays
I've booked for Val Thorens this Easter going out on 16th. 100% confident the snow will be good. Go there every year that there is a late easter and never been disappointed. Skied there into May in the past.
latest report
Val Thorens closes on 8th May 2011, with the rest of the 3 Valleys closing earlier (on 25th April).

Quote:

100% confident the snow will be good. Go there every year that there is a late easter and never been disappointed. Skied there into May in the past.

Agreed. We've skied there the last 3 May Day weekends and had full snow cover - with powder last May Very Happy
latest report
I'm going to Les Deux Alpes in the Easter holidays again (from 9th for 10 days) for the 5th year running. Conditions have always been good. It closes on 30th April I believe.
snow report
@ColinB

I am also going to Les Deux Alples around April time frame. I thought it may be a bit late to go but I am glad to hear it closes the 30th. If anyone wants a change of pace from the snow, you should check out Downtown Vegas Hotels or Las Vegas Party Hotel

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 14-09-11 6:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@LilyN This was a thread from last year...in 2012, it looks like Les Deux Alpes closes 28 April
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy