Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just read the thread about ski carriage, 55 Euro each way with KLM. Aaargh, leaving skis at home. Any suggestions for good hire in Mayrhofen. Main concern is a shop that is open all day, we will arrive about 12.309 and need to be on the hill asap.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of decent hire shops close to the Penkenlift, ski zone run by ex olympic skier Uli Speiss is in the lift complex itself and Kaplenig Sport 2000 just across the road, both open all day.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have used this guy a few times. Always has great kit and good value if you book direct and quote where you are staying. (His family might own it = extra discount).

He is on top of the Gondola so no faffin around and karting stuff up and down every day and will have everything ready for you when you arrive.

http://www.skicenter-hubertkroell.com/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Top of the gondola very useful if you plan to ski in Zell on last day before heading to Munich Smile

I haven't had to rent before in the Hoff, but some of the guys have been held up in the past by having booked online and then discovering the shop closes for a long lunch.

I may yet take skis, I usually share my ski bag, half of 110 euro is cheaper than renting, still sticks in the craw tho'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ghost Dog, Email him and ask I know for us he picked up the skis one day from the hotel as we where skiing on the glacier and heading straight back.

The Uli Spleiss place in the village is pretty good and there is an intersport that does not close for Lunch.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My trip report http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1129173&highlight=mayrhofen#1129173 has a recommendation for Luggi's - really excellent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ghost Dog At the risk of highjacking the thread into the type of thread I hate, aren't skis "special baggage" under KLM rather than "excess"?

Quote:

Special baggage
You may also take special items of baggage with you, such as sports equipment, musical instruments and pets. Please note: the piece concept applies if your ticket was issued on or after 28 March 2010.

Under the weight and piece concept, in addition to the standard baggage allowance, you may take one golf bag not exceeding 20 kg (44 lbs) per person free of charge, if your whole journey is operated by KLM or AIR FRANCE.

Under the weight concept, you may take diving equipment, a pair of skis or water-skis, a snowboard or bicycle not exceeding 20 kg (44 lbs) as part of your standard amount of baggage.

If the piece concept applies to your baggage, as part of your standard amount of baggage you may take diving equipment, a pair of skis or water-skis or a snowboard, a bicycle or a golf bag not exceeding 23 kg (50.5 lbs).

There are some items and substances that may not be carried in your check-in baggage or hand baggage. Firearms, pointed, edged or blunt items and explosive, flammable, chemical and toxic substances are prohibited. Special rules also apply to liquids carried in your hand baggage.

Special facilities and assistance are available for physically challenged passengers. These include taking the passenger’s own wheelchair on board.

So 1 ski bag weighing less than 23kg is allowed to be your 1 piece of baggage (under the piece concept).

Or not Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That looks suspiciously like the longhaul rules.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ghost Dog I don't think so. Just the link to baggage allowance on their website.

Worth a call IMHO as I rented last year and realised why I own my own kit.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your one piece has to be less than 158cm. Tricky for a pair of 170 skis. Also, my skis, boots and kit weigh way more than 23kgs
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I acknowledge that is what the luggage instructions say but that is not how the above "special luggage" rules apply through the "piece concept". As for the weight issue it is pretty easy to get about 10-12 kg in hand luggage (max size applies) and wear a lot of it as well. Depends how much you want to save £55 or rent skis (which will, presumably, be more than £55 in any event).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Need my boots, which are quite heavy though. I will have another read of the rules tho. Probably just put 2 pairs in one ski bag and pay the charge I suspect.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy