Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frozen - can it happen here?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arno wrote:
Sack the Juggler, um... I don't think there are many places where you can get a day ticket for $33.33

ok, so it would be worth it to hanging around waiting to bribe a particular guy on one run then?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
depends on the run Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
Sack the Juggler, um... I don't think there are many places where you can get a day ticket for $33.33
???
Student day pass at Ste Foy (a resort I like) €20.80
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wolves attacked a flock of sheep here in the Tarentaise this summer - 20 odd sheep with throats ripped out up in the Mercuel valley.

That's where you ride down after doing the Fogliettaz. Just sayin'. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lets be fair, the three people in the film would struggle to dress themselves in real life if they existed.

The cold - they have their coats hanging open and hats and gloves off.

Wolves - the grey isn't real

etc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My father was an officer in the Polish cavalry.

In the winter of 1937 he sent a patrol (routine) out along the Russian border, deep snow and dense forest.
They never returned.
There was quite a big stink about it...had they had an incident with their opposite numbers from Russia, had they strayed over the border and been taken or shot?

The following spring the "remains" were found.
All the ammunition had been fired, Everything except the metal parts of their guns, uniforms and bridles/saddles was gone. The entire bodies of the troopers and their horses, even the wooden stocks on their rifles (which would have been heavily oiled) had been eaten by wolves.

They summised that they patrol had been attacked by wolves over a prolonged period, used up the ammo and had been killed. In deep snow, evn on horses, they could not have outrun the wolves.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timbobaggins wrote:
Would a helmet with a brim and full visor have saved them from being eaten.

No, yet another massive failing in the substandard ski helmet testing is that it doesn't even test for resistance to wolf bites.

Therefore I can safely surmise that a ski helmet would offer no protection whatsoever, and if you wear a ski helmet you will be eaten by wolves.

Another reason not to wear a helmet? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How come the wolves were so hungry on a Monday? With the hundreds of skiers that were there at the weekend, slow beginners and children especially, you would've thought that they'd have stocked up Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno wrote:

Not too many resort that closes during the week either. And at many of THOSE (typically small local mountain) a lift ticket can indeed be had for that amount (or at least the afternoon half day ticket anyway)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just watched this! Couldn't believe it could be as bad as the reviews on here made out, but it was Skullie Laughing
I'm full of a cold and was looking for easy viewing. That's my excuse. Only watch if you have nothing better to do / are temporarily incapable of doing anything more useful with 90 mins of your life wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I saw a wolf while skiing at Dizin in Iran (a little bit outside the designated ski area)

It was quite close but ran away/hid as we skiied near it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy