Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frozen - can it happen here?

Poster: A snowHead
This is an American film about 2 boarders and 1 skier boarded a chairlift when it was in the process of being closed down. Due to a mistake by the operative, who was replaced and had been told told to look out for the 3 people but mistakenly assumed another 3 passing the station were those on the chairlift, switched off the power and left site leaving the original three stranded in mid air for several days. The resort is believed in USA.

One attempted to jump from the chairlift, broke both legs, became inmobile and were eaten by the wolves.

One climbed up along the cable to the nearest tower, slided down the slope with a snowboard and being chased behind by a pack of wolves.

I leave those interested in the film to see what happen to the third.

It is an ultra-low budget movie filming most time just on 3 people on a chairlift.

May be we should carry a rope in our next ski trip.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for telling me most of the story...no point watching it now rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in Morzine, two years ago, for a long weekend. Three of us where on a chair lift that stopped. Two and a half hours later we where abseiled off the lift by Mountain Rescue.
Got to the ground safely, and didn't get eaten by wolves.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sure it can happen "here". But there're no wolves. So not too interesting a story. Toofy Grin

BTW, the movie is about a year old. I don't believe it made it to the movie theatres. Only released on video and youtube.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee, that's a burning question.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haven't we been on this lift already?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1585269

Wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 10-09-10 17:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saikee wrote:
Re: Frozen - can it happen here?

Quote:

It could happen anywhere. Believe me
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank goodness there are only drag lifts at Hemel!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was there not an incident a few years ago in La Plagne whereby two Parisian guys got left on the chairlift overnight.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970,
Les Arcs rolling eyes http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=113306
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was wondering whether we could have hungry wolves roaming around a skiing resort every night. Also the film Frozen suggested the resort, with night skiing facilities, shuts down several days in a week.

The full film is downloadable in many bittorrent sites.

If I am correct then all of us will have been stuck in a chairlift some time in our skiing trips due to a temporary failure/malfunction of the mechanical electrical components of a lift system.. Getting stranded for a short duration, even a few hours, is a different matter to getting stuck for several days in mid air with the obvious danger at the ground level.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
saikee, there was a wolf spotted near the Col du Lauteret last May, just after the end of the season. Not inconceivable it could wander as far as Monetier.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wolves! Pah, that's nothin'
This bear is in Valfrejus:

http://skiunion.mpora.com/news/skiing-bears.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just the one? I saw over 50 when i was in Whistler. Admittedly that was summer though. They're not so tough. I would have been fine though if i had been attacked because i was wearing a helmet. wink Apparently it's the cougars you have to watch out for anyway (and no matter how witty you think you are, no I'm not talking about women).
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:

haha Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

Wolves! Pah, that's nothin'
This bear is in Valfrejus:

So not a kick in the pants from the wolf siting on the Lauteret.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
jb1970,
Les Arcs rolling eyes http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=113306

Well I was close - VERY close. La Plagne and Les Arcs are linked!
snow report
saikee wrote:
If I am correct then all of us will have been stuck in a chairlift some time in our skiing trips due to a temporary failure/malfunction of the mechanical electrical components of a lift system.

Nope! I haven't. And hope never will!!! Shocked
snow report
britsound wrote:
I was in Morzine, two years ago, for a long weekend. Three of us where on a chair lift that stopped. Two and a half hours later we where abseiled off the lift by Mountain Rescue.
Got to the ground safely, and didn't get eaten by wolves.

I was on my limit of wanting to see the movie with the story line of the OP. This would never tempt me in. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I watched this last night, an ok movie for the suspense, but a little extreme. There were no wolves in the Les Arcs forest where the couple spent the night and they did not jump which would have been fatal. As for climbing down the cable, razer sharp in places, not a good idea without a clip to slide on.
latest report
It was a bad and illogical story.

The second guy, who climbed from the main cable to the nearest tower and made it to the ground, able to fence off the wolves with the skiing pole, himself a fast skier able to thread through the forest with ease early as seen earlier on, yet chose not to ski but used a snowboard to slide down the slope slow enough to allow the wolves caught up with him.

In real life, speaking from experience of one Christmas after missing the last chairlift and came down the Saalbach mountain in total darkness it was not even possible to see what was on the ground. I had literally to feel the ground with the skis nearly all the way. Good job there wasn't any wolf around as the wife and I would not be able to see what were eating us.
snow report
Was like watching 'Paranormal Activity' for me. After about 5 mins I wanted them all to die.

Don't waste your time.
ski holidays
The trailer was enough for me, I think I'll make a movie about someone stuck in their ski boots snowHead
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
Was like watching 'Paranormal Activity' for me. After about 5 mins I wanted them all to die.

Don't waste your time.

I'd echo that. The SO insisted on watching the film last night (out on Virgin Media Filmflex)....what a load of cr@p. Perhaps unsurprisingly, given the comments here. It mayn't have been quite so bad had they provided some decent shots of skiing etc. But, no! Nothing like that at all.

Still it did provide some "lively" debate in our household about how one might get out of such a predicament. OK, we could have switched off, but sometimes films can be so dire, that one has to see them out, if only by clinging onto the vain hope that they can't be as bad from start to finish..... Laughing
latest report
I watched this tonight on Film 4. I remembered whilst watching that there was a thread about it but not much else.

Should have read it before watching. That's one and three quarter hours of my life I'll not get back rolling eyes . Chasseur was right. It was a load of cr@p.
snow conditions
Bumped into Frozen tonight on TV. Missed the first 30 mins but thought I'd give it a go. I lasted about 30 mins more, 20 of them thinking it can't really be this bad, can it?

Don't know about frozen but I was bored rigid.

I know it's a film and it wouldn't work if they covered up their faces by wearing their hoods but had any body involved ever been on a ski lift? Just before I gave up the girl had lost her glove and was happily holding on to the safety bar.

Total drivel IMHO, don't waste your time. Being eaten by wolves is preferable wink
snow conditions
Gadge wrote:
Just before I gave up the girl had lost her glove and was happily holding on to the safety bar.

Pretty sure she wakes up with her hand completely f*cked up and stuck to the bar after that, they don't just ignore it.

We all watched it at the start of the season last year in the hotel I was working at... Can imagine it was more fun to watch in company. Scared the life out of some of the girls anyway.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Ross wrote:
The trailer was enough for me, I think I'll make a movie about someone stuck in their ski boots snowHead

OR you could make a movie about being stuck in your Wellies, now there is an epic just begging to be made, it would have a tag line like:

"2 young children and a knackered wife try to help one fat guy take off his wellies after a walk in the woods"

At least as good a story line and more believable.
snow conditions
The summary was enough.
If I were with a guide he'd have a 50 metre rope or, nowadays, if I were alone I'd have my 30 metre rope. So I'm probably OK then, if I can outski the imaginary wolves.
Or most places I could just use my mobile.
latest report
snowball wrote:
The summary was enough.
If I were with a guide he'd have a 50 metre rope or, nowadays, if I were alone I'd have my 30 metre rope. So I'm probably OK then, if I can outski the imaginary wolves.
Or most places I could just use my mobile.

well to be fair it was made in 2010 so nobody had mobile phones in those days... oh wait!
snow report
 cran
cran
Chris Brookes wrote:

Having made the mistake of watching it... I think Saikee has done you a favour... Cool
snow report
cran wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

Having made the mistake of watching it... I think Saikee has done you a favour... Cool

I stopped watching when they paid $100 to get three of them up one lift to avoid having to buy a lift pass
snow conditions
I did state
Quote:
It is an ultra-low budget movie filming most time just on 3 people on a chairlift.

My post wasn't on the film quality but "Can it happen here?"

To save watching the damn film I described the plot.
latest report
 cran
cran
Quote:

It can't happen here because I live in a city and we don't even have chair lifts...
latest report
cran wrote:
Quote:

It can't happen here because I live in a city and we don't even have chair lifts...

but that is there, not here... Very Happy
snow conditions
Sack the Juggler, weren't they just bribing for one last run?
ski holidays
bobmcstuff wrote:
Sack the Juggler, weren't they just bribing for one last run?
no, they had just turned up and didn't want to pay for day tickets - they must be really expensive in the US if $100 was cheaper than three day tickets....
snow conditions
Sack the Juggler, um... I don't think there are many places where you can get a day ticket for $33.33
ski holidays
Would a helmet with a brim and full visor have saved them from being eaten.

Also would 120mm waisted ski's let them out powder the powder hounds AKA WOLVES Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy