Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How does everyone rate my skis?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm that bored tonight lol

Also looking for some reviews on the Icelantic Da'Nollie's. Just got them in a total bargain deal and don't know whether to keep them or flog them on

Wot do you think?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Da'Nollies are a sick park ski, if youre going to ski them away from the park I hope you're light and the Liberty's are a really sweet all mountain weapon thats seriously under-rated by many...some quiver crossover with the Dynastars maybe! Sally's = gay...soz no offence but you asked to be rated... wink

Overall = 2 x A- (Icelantic and Liberty)
1 x C (Dynastar...meh)
1 x F (Salomons)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of cupboard space.

Does Goofey ride, or do you ride Goofey wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the_doc wrote:
Da'Nollies are a sick park ski, if youre going to ski them away from the park I hope you're light

You didn't ask that before selling them to a fatty like me Very Happy
What's the problem the butter zones or the overall flex?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks out of balance with your park skis longer than the others. New skis required for sure snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Given Icelantics aren't over long are you sure your other skis aren't snowlerblades?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the question should be do you rate em... who cares what people here think...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret wrote:
the question should be do you rate em... who cares what people here think...

Me. Only some people though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
betterinblack wrote:
the_doc wrote:
Da'Nollies are a sick park ski, if youre going to ski them away from the park I hope you're light

You didn't ask that before selling them to a fatty like me Very Happy

Haha. OOOps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're an aggressive skier you might want to get a full face lid as you'll probably be on your face a lot the time with the icelantics. My brother has had some Dynastar legend 8800 for ages and got some da nollies for pissing around on. The butter zones made for some pretty funny moments. He likes them though as they're a world apart from the legends.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The sallys were my first skis and i'll admit they are gay but i keep for the odd day off marble ice in scotland.
The hazmats are my everyday ski in scotland and they are pretty short for me but love them to bits.
The Legends i got a great deal on but think my brother wants them to use as his everyday ski.
Now i've also just bought a pair of Whitedot the ones for using abroad as my all mountain so think i'll need to get rid of the Icelantics Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

the_doc wrote:

You didn't ask that before selling them to a fatty like me

WTF? Pretty sure I didn't sell them to you!! Don't get me wrong, you've got a seriously sweet park ski there, one of my favorites (I've got a pair gathering dust at the mo) for riding rails and small to medium kickers, but I personally found that they really aren't versatile due to the overall flex and butter zones, in slushy conditions they can be awesome fun but when it gets hard they just dont have the edge grip to allow me to charge the piste at mach schnell, they dont hold up too well in the pipe for the same reasons, possibly due to me at 85kg overpowering them? We designed the One's to do everything well that I've just mentioned, they rip on piste and in the pipe with great edge grip and theyre light and poppy enough for tricks. The downside is that to achieve all this you need a stiffer ski so we don't have butter zones etc that you'll find in pure park skis...but then the One is definately more of an all mountain freestyle toy!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the_doc wrote:
Quote:

the_doc wrote:

You didn't ask that before selling them to a fatty like me

WTF? Pretty sure I didn't sell them to you!! Don't get me wrong, you've got a seriously sweet park ski there, one of my favorites (I've got a pair gathering dust at the mo) for riding rails and small to medium kickers, but I personally found that they really aren't versatile due to the overall flex and butter zones, in slushy conditions they can be awesome fun but when it gets hard they just dont have the edge grip to allow me to charge the piste at mach schnell, they dont hold up too well in the pipe for the same reasons, possibly due to me at 85kg overpowering them? We designed the One's to do everything well that I've just mentioned, they rip on piste and in the pipe with great edge grip and theyre light and poppy enough for tricks. The downside is that to achieve all this you need a stiffer ski so we don't have butter zones etc that you'll find in pure park skis...but then the One is definately more of an all mountain freestyle toy!

Oops got my doc and dot. mistaken, my bad. Oh well it sounds like i'm in for some fun Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How light is light for the Da'Nollies?
I'm 75kg, fairly aggressive skier. I take it i'll end up with a sore chin skiing these hard lol
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
betterinblack, i'm much better looking than doc. Toofy Grin
snow report
1873Chris wrote:
How light is light for the Da'Nollies?
I'm 75kg, fairly aggressive skier. I take it i'll end up with a sore chin skiing these hard lol

the Danollie is a symetrical park ski. Designed for hitting the park as hard as possible. They love rails and big air and are one of the easiest skis to butter out there. A fantastic under rated park ski.
snow conditions
^^^^^ Absolutely! Riding a pair of Nollie's hard involves at least a rodeo 5! Schweet graphics aswell if you like something different...but still not as good as the Whitedot's Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy