Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Blog

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone own a pair and what do they ski like, time has come to make good the bribe for my son doing well in his exams and he seems to think these are the skis for him.
Second choice Volkl Bridge?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The blog is a very fun ski in the pow! and being 110ish under foot still able to handle on the piste, how ever if he likes to blast about check out the atomic Coax, much more solid and better at speed on piste!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The blog is a very fun ski in the pow! and being 110ish under foot still able to handle on the piste, how ever if he likes to blast about check out the atomic Coax, much more solid and better at speed on piste!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's almost like dansmith is selling something Shock
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey thats unfair!! yes I do work for a shop but I'm not saying buy off me!! (if you want to thats fine though....) I'm just in a lucky position that I've skied a lot of skis that are on the market at the moment! I'm just trying to be a friendly useful snowhead! snowHead

Atomics range of skis this season is the best they have ever had! I really think as a brand they have the most rounded range of skis going! (so much of an improvement to 2 or 3 years ago in my opinion) There new Nomad range is awesome!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One point about Atomic skis in general is that they do not last very long! I owned a pair of 11.20s a few years ago, which were billed as 'all mountain' at the time, but would probably be billed as skinny piste only skis these days. Anyway, long story short, they were great for two seasons and then went dead. Like having a pair of soggy sponges strapped to your feet. In contrast I have always skied Völkl before and after and have never experienced any degradation in the spring & performance of the ski. I even still occasionally ski a pair of 15 year old Völkl P30s, and they are almost as good as new!
Anybody else have the same experience?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the atomic range is now a full woodcore so don't see there being any problems compared to any other brand! Always found the build quality of atomics pretty good my self and a brand that I very rarely have returns for.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for your replies, I will get my son to do a bit more homework on the COAX, other skis on the wish list are K2 Obsethed and Volkl Bridge anyone got any opions on these?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The new K2 ObSETHed is very different from the last couple of seasons' Seth - fair whack fatter and more rocker. Personally I'm not too keen on the old ones, bit floppy, and the K2 construction always seems fairly cheap and crap. Judging by the skis you're mentioning he's after a good all round mid-fat twin? Maybe take a look at the Rossi S5 (I think it's that one anyway), Dynastar Sixth Sense Big/whatever the replacement is, Moment Tahoe and Ruby, 4FRNT MSP, Whitedot Preacher and Line Prophet 90/100.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK so far both K2 and Atomic are poorly made? My sons K2 Public Enemy's have had 3 seasons of abuse and stood up fairly well, OK the top sheet has taken a battering but the skis themselves are still sound. Both of my childrens first skis were Atomics these too seem fairly well made and with trickle down one pair lasted 3 seasons and still sold well on E-bay! Only ever seen Whitedot on this forum are they as good as you all say? and where are they made, Europe or China?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fogliettaz, I don't really like cap construction skis, although I just checked their website and some (inc the obSETHed are sidewall construction).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fogliettaz, Nicely said! people are very quick too slag off the bigger brands!

and clarky999, I'm pretty sure the Obsethed (and pretty much every seth model to my knowlage) has been a sidewall construction! I know this year they have stiffened it up again cos last year it was a little bit of a noodle. most of the K2 factory range are sidewall apart from the entry levels (silencer etc) but then thats kinda what ya expect for the price!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got the Bridge, got them in February this year and done maybe 20-30 days on them. I really like them, not very good at describing skis though Puzzled I think they are reasonably stiff although not at all difficult to ski but the tips and tails are softer which makes them feel softer. My boyfriend skied them and said they were much easier to do butters on than previous skis he's had. I'm 5'9 and have the 177 and use these 90% of the time since I got them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Only ever seen Whitedot on this forum are they as good as you all say? and where are they made, Europe or China?

Europe, they will never be made in China. Just FYI aswell, owned a few pairs of Atomics in my time and found they all held up pretty well considering, just nothing in the last six years now so not too sure about their modern stuff, as for K2's I'd agree with clarky999 on that one and say the skis are generally pretty poor construction, I've seen some seriously shonky looking PE's/Extreme's since they shifted production to China! Love the sound and look of the Atomic range for the comming season, Blog or Bent Chetler's both look cool!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the_doc, Is it possible to demo the Whitedot range?
snow conditions
Sure, I'm just going to reduced hours at work ready for the winter and putting together a demo programme for some of the snowdomes in October and November. Not too sure how many we're going to be able to get around because quite a few will not let you demo unless you're attached to say Ellis or slush and rubble for fear of taking business away from their on site stores, which is fair enough! I'm also a regular at Hemel snowdome so if you're around there drop me a line at paul@whitedotfreeride.com and I'll let you know where we're going to be around.
snow conditions
the_docOK Thanks for the offer, but we usually steer clear of Snow Domes, as my son says the only place to demo skis is on a mountain. Are you in the Tarentaise over Christmas-New Year>
snow conditions
Fair enough! I'm going to be running demo throughout the winter in Austria I'm afraid. We will be running demo's in other areas but we havnt got anything for these definately sorted yet! Know we've got a big demo centre in Cham...might be worth swinging by if youre in the area???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy