Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Useful Excess Baggage Dodge?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
alex_heney, Ah, might try that then.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My long boardbag was overweight with 12 or 15kg max limit leaving uk with a budget airline.
So I doubled up one of those coloured id ribbon things for strenght, with a loop at one end to hold onto and attached the other end too the heavy end of boardbag.
It was bit tricky trying to hold the weight up steady with the ribbon attached, talking blah blah at the counter , the digital read out was fluttering about a bit but it did the job that time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alex_heney wrote:

They have a box of labels, sorted by flight...as will happen with the other labels at the normal check in

To be fair, that's not strictly true...you'll find most airport check-in desks print out labels specific to the passenger. Last trip I nearly picked up someone else's case - it was only the sight of the wrong surname on the baggage label that made me realise.

Given that, it seems odd that they'll put a 'generic' label on your skis. In fact, I think I'd rather have a personalised one (presumably gives better chance of tracking you down if it gets lost) than save the hassle of carrying skis in check-in queue.

Agree with rayscoops though Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Still think though that people should be weighed with their luggage and charged accordingly.

Of course they should. Only a matter of time, I'd say.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ChrisWo wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

They have a box of labels, sorted by flight...as will happen with the other labels at the normal check in

To be fair, that's not strictly true...you'll find most airport check-in desks print out labels specific to the passenger. Last trip I nearly picked up someone else's case - it was only the sight of the wrong surname on the baggage label that made me realise.

It was completely true.

Your selective snipping made it look like I had said something I hadn't.

The only thing I was referring to when I said "as will happen with the other labels at the normal check in" was the sticking of the counterfoil onto your tickets. I didn't say anything about the content of the normal labels.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney, he he - I did wonder if you'd say that. For someone who writes so eloquently, you should make yourself more clearly understood Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alex_heney, what 'tickets' do they stick the label on to ? I never have a ticket at all these days and most bag labels are stuck to my passport Puzzled Last time through Innsbruck I can not remember being given a label at all when I put my bag through they way you describe, but I may be wrong though Little Angel

I expect a full detailed report from you this winter wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This has been covered before See here.

Quote:

Quote:
rayscoops wrote:
alex_heney, what about the baggage label ? who put this on the ski bag and where did you get your receipt for it ?

Quote:
When I've taken skis through Innsbruck, it has operated as alex_heney has described. The oversize baggage area operated, effectively, as a second check-in. The ski bags were scanned, and the oversize baggage area desk issued the labels and receipts for the ski bags after inspecting the flight tickets. It doesn't matter which order you check in; I've used the normal and oversize baggage check-in first depending on which had the shorter queue. It may have changed recently but that was they way it operated in March 09 and during my trips in March and December 08.

rayscoops:
Quote:
How strange, especially as I never have a flight ticket these days and even tend to lose my email confirmation by the time I am returning from my hols. The desk behind the x-ray machine must be a normal check-in desk the same as the others with the only exception that the bag is scanned before being tagged and (possibly) weighed at check-in.

I think that system is still working because I saw a few people at the check-in desk behind the scanner

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 6-09-10 8:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops wrote:
alex_heney, what 'tickets' do they stick the label on to ? I never have a ticket at all these days and most bag labels are stuck to my passport Puzzled Last time through Innsbruck I can not remember being given a label at all when I put my bag through they way you describe, but I may be wrong though Little Angel

I expect a full detailed report from you this winter wink

If you don't have tickets, then I would expect the ski bag label counterfoil to be stuck to your passport as well.

I've certainly always had one. You need something, in order to have a record of the fact that there was a bag.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

It was bit tricky trying to hold the weight up steady with the ribbon attached, talking blah blah at the counter

You wouldn't get way with that at Luton with Easyjet.

I was made to stand my ski bag on end (caber style) on the belt for weighing Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy