Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Snow Report 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
New webcam for Ischgl - looking v nice http://www.ischgl.com/webcam/?webcam=trida&language=en#content
(click on live stream)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
..and the 2010/11 season starts tomorrow in Schladming (Planai) !!!!
http://www.planai.at/winter/de/planai_aktuell/News.html?viewPageDetails_ID=10898
(in German, but the video is funny..)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kerekip, you beat me to it!... still I am too stingy to 'early bird' - gonna wait till my oass kicks in!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sharon1953, Sorry but I live in a rented flat on my own (most of the time wink ) I work in R&D in the medical devices industry and ski as a hobby. Not a seasonaire or whatever it is the temps call themselves, nor am I pimping any 2nd home as a s/c business.

Maybe flangesax has some need of bedmakers - chasing Zeb and Mabel seems to be a full-time activity for them these days Laughing Only joking guys - see you all soon as I need to pick up my pass before the price goes up.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kerekip, that is so funny, especially as I have just bought some wax!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue.... I thought everyone knew that I'm the pimp around here..... come on then if ya fink ur ard enuff!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the webcam photos of new snow getting me giddy, only 2 months to wait now!! rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax, wasn't getting at yer onest injin! Youse all me mates arnt yer? Shocked If I try too hard, I might faint clean away again BEFORE I get to the booze! rolling eyes

P!ssed off at the mo as it seems I can't get a bed for tomorrow night in Sölden, so it looks like a day trip only for me Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax, so busy working I missed the fact that planai is opening. Just get a really crap work project finished and i'll be out for some early season sliding and to pick up the season pass. Can't wait to get me lips around a minger!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pictures from today - open runs on Planai in Schladming:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=243809&id=55338249285
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow was great at Sölden today - Tiefenbach glacier was in perfect condition. Half the Rettenbach black was being used for the race track leaving a very small strip to ski down - not nice but this year the Fuzz were up there slowing the idiots down.

Racing was good too - especially the chance to see the girls before and after the races. The men were training on another slope and still easy to watch and approach. Kooky got a nice piccie of Didier Cuche.

Forecast is for some really heavy falls in the next few days, followed by a brief warming - so it looks a bit like the start of last season. Let's just hope it does not get too warm in November.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 24-10-10 12:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another dump of snow is on the way for tonight.
Three other resorts in Styria are very close to open. Turracher Höhe which opened first last year in Austria, and two other Schladming resorts, Hauser Kaiblings and Reiteralm.
This time Reiteralm usually operates on weekends, it is closed for the national ski race team for training on weekdays.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
facebook photo - 4 of 10 wrote:
Ski-Ass Klaus Kröll bekam am ersten Betriebstag seinen Planai-Helm von GF Mag.

is that Austrian for ski-bum?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
60cm in Hintertux last 24hr and still snowing...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone got any eyes on with Stubai?
snow report
swifty, it was snowing heavily all along the Inntal as I left for work this morning.
ski holidays
flangesax, 15th we should be there
Snow cannons going again today Very Happy
ski holidays
I can see that Flachau is lit up like a massive Xmas tree at the moment care of the snow cannons blasting away!

Some friends went touring in Zauchensee today... I'll try and get som ephotos but just try to imagine your own entire resort with 30cm of fresh pow (with a base) covering the whol elot with hardly any sign of pistes!... awesome!
ski holidays
....more openings in Austria.

Turracher Höhe starts tomorrow, and Kitzbühel on Saturday...
snow conditions
1m in Hintertux. It's stopped now. I'll be skiing on it very shortly.
latest report
kerekip wrote:
....more openings in Austria.

Turracher Höhe starts tomorrow, and Kitzbühel on Saturday...

Laax is also opening on the weekend.

That must be the second October-opening for Kitz in the past 3 years.
snow conditions
....rumoured opening of 1 lift in Zauchensee at the weekend... we'll see!
snow report
OOoo im excited for austria'n snow!
snow report
flangesax, you are right, Zauchensee opens on Saturday with 3 lifts, skiing is possible all the way down to the valley
snow conditions
föhn forcasted this weekend folks, temps up to 20 plus Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
kerekip, I was up there hiking 3 weels ago and there wasn´t a flake....funny how it can change so quick Very Happy
latest report
kooky, it changed in two days. Now 20 cm well groomed snow on the pistes, let's see if it is enough against the rising temps Little Angel
A picture of the piste from yesterday:
http://www.skigebiet-zauchensee.com/Medien/Service/Bilder/Gamskogel-Ostabfahrt-27.10.10.jpg

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 28-10-10 20:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
By the way, it is not a well-known resort, but Gerlitzen (Karnten) also opens this week-end
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kerekip, wwwaahhhh...you have got me very excited!!!!! I am up there Monday and Tuesday!!!! Are you local?
latest report
kooky, unfortunately not, one more country further to the East...
but I ski a lot in Austria...

Since it is a national holiday, Zauchensee is open on Monday, but closed for Tuesday.
Reopening for the weekend again.
snow report
kerekip, Hungary? Very Happy
snow report
kooky, yes, skiing is limited here...
ski holidays
Hintertux update: much fun to be had on fantastic early snow with runs open down to Sommerbergalm! Rammed with skiers yesterday though!
latest report
Anything happening in the Skiwelt area? I'm taking my family to Soll mid January for their first ever ski holiday and I so want it to be amazing for them (hoping they get hooked and want to go skiing every year!)
snow report
Speedfreak, the webcams all looked lovely and white last week but today it looks sadly as though high temperatures and rain have washed all that away:

http://www.skiwelt.at/en/winter/webcams.html

However, next week's forecast looks significantly colder. I'm going there in early January too.
latest report
Hows austria doing then?
latest report
The glaciers are OK, but the lower resorts are suffering from the high temps.
A few resorts cancelled their openings scheduled for this week-end.
snow conditions
Shocked Shocked Shocked

P A R T Y T I M E!!!

Nena, David Hasselhoff, Kim Wilde, Bonnie Tyler, Hermes Houseband and DJ Ötzi LIVE in the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Skied on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier near Kaprun on Wednesday. Although the valleys were covered in mist, the sun shone most of the day up top. Cold, though, once the snow went into the shade in the afternoon and a moderate wind was blowing. The pistes were in good condition with few icy patches; very little cover off-piste. Not at all busy.

snow report
nozawaonsen, DJ Otzi, now I wonder what he'll be singing!!!! Laughing One of my favourites ... and i'm not ashamed! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy