Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Snow Report 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
I am pretty sure that is is late, late snow rather than early, early snow... but it is here!

http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter/actual/webcams/detail.htm?id=1668

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Obertauern/webcams/latest

At least there is enough to remind me how much I enjoy sliding!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flangesax, don´t be such a pessimist!!!!It´s the first of a lot of snow!!!!!!LB Cool and I are rejoicing!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, DAB, I was chatting to some of the Bergwacht here in lowly Bayern at the weekend and they said it is normal to snow every month of the year at anything over 1700m - we had snow on the Wendelstein in July and it is due to snow on there today and tomorrow! I was quite surprised but they had the metrological station data to back it up!

Let's hope it's mega season again - starting in October and carrying on through to the end of May! Laughing Laughing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks widespread! down to about 1800m on the Schmittenhoehe.

It'll all melt but I love the anticipation of this time of year knowing that as the weeks go past one snowfall will finally be the base Very Happy

http://www.schmitten.at/de/service/panorama-cams/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robboj...
Quote:

the anticipation of this time of year knowing that as the weeks go past one snowfall will finally be the base

i think that has summed it up perfectly!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, Samerberg Sue, DAB, Keep those reports coming snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cad99uk, Don't you know that Austria is too low for early or late snow! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't do this to me. I'm already excited beyond the realms of sanity.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
cad99uk, Don't you know that Austria is too low for early or late snow! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Should I go to France then ? Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Should I go to France then ?

yes, but take your grass skis Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
By Wednesday morning 50cm fresh snow is predicted in the higher regions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Runs are white down to mittelstation at Zell am See this morning, about 1400 m. Looks like quite a quantity at the top. Can't recall ever seeing quite so much on the Schmittenhoehe this early in the year? snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Certainly snowed heavily (40cm+) in Lech down to 1400m in first week of September 2007.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yikes! We're going for a late summer hol in a couple of weeks... Already had loads of emails from the tourist office announcing things closing due to snow. Initially it said due to 'weather' and until I saw this I wasn't sure if it was high winds or snow or what.

We were hoping to drive the Grossglocknerstrasse but will presumably have to see how it goes before then. Unfortunately can't ski (on the glacier) as am expecting babyskis in Feb (poor scheduling that was) but the other half might sneak a half day on the glacier.

D
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We know it is all just the stuff to get our hopes up... yes it will burn off but it is still exciting! Radstadt has snow to about 1400m ... Obertauern seems to be pasted!... and Zauchensee was at -1 this morning!... chilly!
ski holidays
Deliaskis, think it is likely to be much warmer in Austria in two weeks time. wink
latest report
Deliaskis, congratulations Very Happy
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, thank you! Am bemoaning the poor scheduling but really we're very excited. Sure he/she/it will be outskiing us by the time it is 5...

D
snow conditions
Oberlech village, at 1700m, near St Anton, is completely white today and looks like Dec more than Aug:

http://livecam.feratel.at/cam/lech/5810/index.jsp?&design=feratel4&getLatest=true&language=en&referer=feratel
latest report
Bloody hell, they may as well open the lifts. That's amazing.
snow report
paulio wrote:
Bloody hell, they may as well open the lifts. That's amazing.

Now come on that's a bit premature don't ya think? Afterall the SKGB haven't even said the snow is better on the upper slopes yet.
snow conditions
It's snowing in Obertauern - I know it won't last, but it makes staring at webcams so much fun!

http://huettenzauberer.info/contents/de/d8.html
snow conditions

not so great for the poor sods trying to finish this!
snow report
50cm fresh snow on Pitztal glacier.
http://tirol.orf.at/stories/466519/
Almost all the glaciers got 30-50cm snow.

The August snow had a victim in Tyrol. A German hiker died in the snowstorm at 3000 meter.
The rescue team had to work in 70cm fresh snow and severe storm.
http://tirol.orf.at/stories/466450/
latest report
Deliaskis, Fantastic news D! many congrats to you both from Mrs R & meself.

I suppose thats mineral water for you in the Ginhaus next winter? Or is Mr Skis going to organise a lads trip? wink Little Angel
snow conditions
Deliaskis, Congrats, we are going to be first time Grandparents in February, so had to give the month a wide "birth" and go in April just in case. Wondering how small they make ski boots!! Very Happy
snow report
Some nice shots of the mountains in the sun this morning!

Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks sharon1953 and robboj, - yes I will miss winter altogether (not just the cocktails in the Ginhouse!) as will be effectively grounded from new year onwards. We were toying with the idea of driving down either early Jan or late March, but an early or late arrival would throw a spanner in the works either way! Still, if all is well we might still pop out in March.

Hadn't thought about MrSkis doing a boy's trip, it's probably a good idea if he doesn't either wink . It's bad enough that he keeps waving brie and stilton under my nose.

Am only missing one season though!

D
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nozawaonsen, may be wishful thinking but it looks like the raised bit on the left of the Ischgl picture has been pisted ??
snow report
Quote:

may be wishful thinking but it looks like the raised bit on the left of the Ischgl picture has been pisted

the chair is running if you check the streaming
snow report
Deliaskis, a boy's trip may be that would be a good idea. I think you should suggest it to Mr D wink it could get him out of your hair for a while.
snow report
Welcome to snowheads Mr D errr ........ I mean MuddyFox Wink
snow conditions
DB wrote:
Welcome to snowheads Mr D errr ........ I mean MuddyFox Wink
nope nearly; only a member of Deliaski's legendary ski trip group.
snow conditions
Only just spotted this - MuddyFox, oh dear, you're in trouble!

D
snow conditions
The new "Lange Wand C5" lift in Ischgl

The construction guys do not worry about a little bit of snow!!

http://bautagebuch.ischgl.com/bilder-neuschnee-06-08-2010.htm
ski holidays
Sölden glacier opens tomorrow with one piste. Daily pass is 22 euros.
ski holidays
Hi All,

I'm returning to Austria (Soll) January 15th after a 20 odd year gap (skied Ellmau '87 and '88 ). Since then mainly skied in France and Italy (last trip was a great lads break to Andorra). This time my wife and daughters are coming along for the first time so I thought Austria, with it's shorter transfer times and sensible checkout times would be more child friendly and hence the place to go. As I said, Ellmau took my skiing cherry in '87 - it was absolutely perfect - the snow, the sunshine and scenery were completely breathtaking. It was so good we returned the following year, only to spend the week skiing in slush. I read about large investments in snow making in Soll and the surrounding area over the past years, so I was prepared to give it another go.

If anyone would care to share any recent Soll experiences/thoughts/suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Apologies if things like this have been covered in other treads - I am new to the site, but did do a quick search. Many thanks
latest report
Speedfreak, Welcome to snowHeads (and full marks for having a go at the notoriously tricky search). It might be better if you start a new thread as this one is specifically for snow reports (although granted it does tend to wander off topic). I think you'll probably get get more replies in a specific thread abut Soll
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Speedfreak, Welcome to snowHeads (and full marks for having a go at the notoriously tricky search). It might be better if you start a new thread as this one is specifically for snow reports (although granted it does tend to wander off topic). I think you'll probably get get more replies in a specific thread abut Soll
holidayloverxx - thanks for your response. I'll start a new tread.
ski holidays
Just back from a few days at Hintertux.

Glacier surprisingly white for this time of year. Good'ish skiing.

Was also in Kitzbuehel for a few days.

Hot weather and hot ground, still. Any snowfall, if it arrives in the near-term, will quickly melt. An October opening is unlikely this year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy