Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Snow Report 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
Whitegold, hope you had good fun in Hintertux! GFS looks decidedly average for much of month. Slowly sliding down from above average to below average. So maybe no October snow this year. Then again snow in October isn't much of an indicator of anything other than snow in October wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is getting chaffing cold round these parts!... we'll see!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, fingers crossed. There's rumours of a big blocking high building over Scandinavia which could unlock the Eastern cold early... wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I popped down the ski shop today as was informed it would be and early season this year... snow was sure to come early as he couls smell it in the air!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like things are really cooling down at last, expected to be -7 Tuesday night in Obertauern, snow forecast all over Austria from the 16th onwards. White webcam pictures to drool over soon...I hope! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perfect snow conditions on the Kitzsteinhorn today - glorious sunshine and cold temps meant we could ski all day, instead of packing up at one as we thought we would!

First frost at 800m as I had to scrap the windscreen for the first time this morning!

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue, A great way to celebrate a birthday.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cad99uk, the only way in my opinion! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Perfect snow conditions on the Kitzsteinhorn today - glorious sunshine and cold temps meant we could ski all day, instead of packing up at one as we thought we would!

Excellent, and happy birthday Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The first real snowy week-end is expected. In Tirol 15-30cm fresh snow above 1200m.
Check the webcams at the week-end.
http://www.tt.com/csp/cms/sites/tt/Tirol/1457955-2/jetzt-kommt-der-schnee-erster-wintereinbruch-am-wochenende.csp
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kerekip, at the weekend!!!! I check them everyday!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone any idea on Hintertux conditions/forecast? Little Angel
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
slikedges, cold with some snow over next few days.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nozawaonsen, at least it'll be cold. Someone I know got back last week and said snow cover was adequate rather than good. My kids going out training next week and I'm joining them towards the end of the week so hoping for a top up.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Depending on how it plays out you could get quite a bit of fresh snow over the next week. Possibly a foot at the top and some down to the valley. Then again... But anyway good time to be getting some early skiing in Very Happy
latest report
nozawaonsen, yep, planning to notch up 10 days in all before December Very Happy
latest report
Ski Amadé is seeing its first frsh stuff of the season!... Everywhere over 1300m (ish) is getting the white stuff!

Temps seems to be about freezing over 1300m but the snow does look a little wet at the moment!... only 20 days till my season pass kicks in though!
ski holidays
slikedges, bloody cold wet and miserable up there today! It is sleeting here where I am at 800m and snowing on the pimple over my village (1645m) so Hintertux is going to be mega soon. Main worry for the week is the strength of the wind though as it is looking pretty awful at the moment.

I'm off to Sölden on Saturday and Sunday (23/24th) for the World Cup races and the Tiefenbach will be in perfect condition I hope. I was on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier last Monday with kooky and we had a perfect day: sunshine good snow and temperatures cold enough to allow us to ski all day.

Season is kicking in quite nicely thank you! Laughing
snow conditions
It was 0c at 1400m in Lech at midday today.
latest report
Samerberg Sue, good news Very Happy

flangesax, will probably be going to Schladming too...but not till Feb half-term
snow conditions
slikedges, remind me nearer the time!... I normally stay a bit local that week and go to the smaller areas (fageralm is a winner) as although not too busy I still hate the hub-bub!

Whitegold, nice to see some positivity!
snow report
Snowflakes the size of my fist are falling fluently!... Throughout the mountains and valleys of Ski Amadé.... only 17 more days till the ski pass kicks in!
ski holidays
Very Happy
snow report
Big snow....

http://youtube.com/v/Yar-VSu5vuc
snow conditions
flangesax, we even have snow on the ground here - the Hochries is all white as well! http://www.flugschule-hochries.de/webcam/

The weather has really buggered up my plans to paraglide until the ski pass kicks in - but the prospects for the weekend at Sölden are SUPERB! snowHead
latest report
flangesax, Great reports, can't wait until our trip to Schladming.
snow report
http://www.obertauern-ski.at/obertauern3.php

It's all gone white in Obertauern and the cannons are in full flow!! Very Happy
ski holidays
sharon1953, Great only 87 sleeps to go before were there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Garfield, about 95 for us !!!
snow report
Anyone got any idea of snow depths yet?
latest report
Garfield, & sharon1953, let me know when you are out (without the aid of a calulator) and we could meet up for a slide!...

The snow held over about 1250m. Below that melted off by the late afternoon. There has been a sprinkling over night (around here anyhow).... oh I just looked out the window and it is snowing... So I would bet that Reiteralm and Schaldming will be open by the end of October if not a little before!
snow conditions
Only 74 sleeps for me!!!!! Keep snowing please! Very Happy
ski holidays
Timmaah wrote:
Anyone got any idea of snow depths yet?

The Mölltaler Gletscher has 30 cm fresh
http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=Berg,DESC

More forecast in the near future ....
http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/static/alps/next3to6days/snow
snow report
Looking really good over the next few days Very Happy Can't wait till next week!

flangesax, will do!
ski holidays
sharon1953 wrote:

It's all gone white in Obertauern and the cannons are in full flow!! Very Happy

I thought the cannons were going in Zell am See as well, could be mistaken , maybe it was just cloud?

Then again, if resorts have got the cannons going then they must think it is not going to be wasted............? snowHead
snow report
Take a look at the web cam coverage here at Sölden! It looks like the main Giggijoch slopes will open soon as well as the Glaciers!

http://www.soelden.com/main/EN/SD/WI/Wetter/livecams/index.html

Amazing web cam coverage - seems to have multiplied considerably since last season. Smile
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Take a look at the web cam coverage here at Sölden!
http://www.soelden.com/main/EN/SD/WI/Wetter/livecams/index.html

Gonna have to hurry up with that new mittelstation Shocked
snow report
World Cup starts there on Saturday!
ski holidays
robboj, sharon1953, I'm going there today to ski and watch! NehNeh

I'll post the photos later but they will probably not be as good as Primoz's but he has special privileges which I don't Sad
snow report
Samerberg Sue, I'm so so so jealous that you're in the Alps and I'm stuck here in Manchester...do you need a rather aged couple to work the season as bed makers? wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy