Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Snow Report 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
waynos, you're in a good position to find out, take photos and post them here! wink Lets just hope the lift co's are brave enough to tough it out till then.

Would be nice to see white webcams again just once more this season. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waynos wrote:

Could be a marketing stunt to convince more people to go skiing for Easter?

Now there's a cynic if ever I saw one! Laughing

I can hardly believe that much snow is forecast, but it will be fantastic for everyone on the slopes if it happens.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied over Wagrain, pistes were very choppy, lots of ridges and bumps to make your teeth jangle,but still lovely to ski, no people at all on the Wagrainer side, did have to slalom my way down some very narrow strips of snow Shocked but they are desperately patching the pistes up to hold in for Easter.

This is a pic of Flachau at 10 am

Personally I do think they will hold up til Easter, the forecast is for colder nights....fingers x ´ed I want my Easter eggs at 200 meters!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zauchensee today was fantastic.

They have now closed a few lifts and lower pistes. I think this has freed up a bit of time to look after what is left as it is was a really good spring day. A couple of water pools in the Arena but great conditions up top.... fantastic day!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, Sorry we didn't make it up there. Went for a walk up the far end of the Untertal, heading on a path towards the Hochgolling Hut and the Hochgolling itself. An amazing valley to walk up, views are really rather special. Didn't make it that far as a little man was not moving forwards very well. Had one scary moment, almost stepped on a 18" black snake. Was some cool avi debris we investigated, whole trees mixed up in the mess. Would make a great bike ride, nice easy path, could I assume get the hut at 1600m. Beyond that I think the going gets a bit tougher. What you doing tomorrow, last day of spring before winter returns Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied at Reiteralm near Schladming this morning. A good freeze overnight so hard packed to start with quickly softening up to gives us ego-enhancing carving piste. The lower runs now closed but still plenty of piste skiing to be had.The Hochwurzen hill between Reiteralm and Planai is now closed but will reopen next week if there's enough snow. Looks like it will get colder and hopefully some snow to come this week. Will make for a pleasant change.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drove through Kitzbühel at the weekend and the locals say they had hoped to stay open to Easter but were closing the lifts.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied in Leogang today. The Asitz-Kabinenbahn (gondola) was running -skiable down to the middle station- as well as the three chairlifts on the upper slopes and the trainer tow shown in the photo below ...

The skiing was good enough, soft snow, heavy at times. I found the run down to the middle station of the gondola the most satisfying, for it was a bit longer than those higher up. The connection to Saalbach is closed, of course.

The area was rather busier than I had expected, largely because there were busloads of kids from London there (brought round from Saalbach, I think). Judging by the cars, the Belgians also have holidays just now. However, really the slopes were pretty empty and it was a pleasant day.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB wrote:
Drove through Kitzbühel at the weekend and the locals say they had hoped to stay open to Easter but were closing the lifts.

Although the main area has closed, the lifts on the Resterhöhe at Pass Thurn seem to be running on till Easter Monday, 25th April (see http://bergbahn-kitzbuehel.at/en/kitzski-bis-ostermontag-auf-der-resterhoehe.html).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The weather is changing this morning, showers in Schladming, still a bit warm but forecast to drop as cold front moves in later this morning.

Predicting 15-30cms above 1500m and snow dropping to valleys later today.
http://www.lwz-salzburg.org/lagebericht.asp

Can monitor snowdepths on Dachstein glacier here, gone up 1cm in last 30mins
http://www.snowreporter.com/schneeberichte/oesterreich/steiermark/ramsaudachstein.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like temps are starting to fall now, still about +7 or so in town and raining heavy and wind picking up. Further up at 2700m at the Dachstein glacier reporting 15cm since this morning. Just about freezing at top of Planai now (1900m), was steady at +3 until recently. Forecast so far correct, so hopefully means snow to quite low levels for tomorrow am.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waynos, looking at the cams, i'll be looking forward to seeing your photos of the pow tomorrow. Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lovely conditions here in Ischgl in the blazing sunshine yesterday but with snow falling for most of today and even a dusting here in town now, Tuesday was magic. Tomorrow should be a beauty. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
S N O W even down in town overnight! A few cms in town, snowing hard in town right now, 42cm of fresh snow reported on Dachstein in last 24 hours. Heading out early today, probably to Zauchansee this morning then locally at Schladming this afternoon. Around -8 at 2000m, going to be best days skiing for a long long time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I KNEW this would happen!! Snowing down to 700m, probably lower in the SkiWelt. Heading to Hochfugen to shred Smile
snow report
Zell am See.....10 cm of snow overnight in the town
-11 and heavy snow on the Kitzsteinhorn.
ski holidays
grrrrrr Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad wife's ski day!
snow conditions
and I am in Germany Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
kooky, me too - stuck in thebloody office until 15:00 this afternoon Evil or Very Mad

But then it's "Home Office" for 2 days - does not matter when I work as long as I clock up the 8 hours wink
snow report
Samerberg Sue, I was thinking of going to Kaprun tomorrow (or perhaps Leogang). Interested?
snow report
espri, will call you this evening when I get home - sounds like a good idea!
ski holidays
Just got back from Zachansee, POWDER Madeye-Smiley

Morning started with an interesting drive to drop son off at kindergarten on a untreated road to Rohrmoos. I was getting fresh tracks, with no vis. Coming down I saw passed the snow plow going up.

Zauchansee was excellent, skiing 20cms of cold fresh powder. Where there was a base very good, lower down often the base was grass, mole hills and rocks., a real test of keeping skis flat and floaty or you could take the piste, but that's cheating. Put a few pics on later, didn't really get any good ones as vis was poor. Still snowing hard in Schladming town, above freezing in town. Will probably go out again later at Schladming, may have been more snow here than Zauch? Great to be skiing pow again after week of spring / summer skiing. Long may it last! Dachstein glacier reporting 47cm in last 24 hours. Will be some great skiing . touring up there in a day or two.
ski holidays
Zell am See....Kitzsteinhorn had 40 cm of snow today. But a white out day. Sad
latest report
Popped out to Planai this afternoon with my son, still snowing hard, vis very poor. A few, poor, snaps from the day. Snowing hard in town at the moment.

Snow this morning in town, still snowing

Looking down at Zauchansee

Young powder pup
snow report
One of the best days ever, so glad I brought the fatter ones. Smile Loads of new snow in Ischgl made for perfect pistes too but masses of snow dancing opportunities elsewhere with buried tips & not touching bottom ... Swiss side of domain had 18" to 30" of fresh powder and untracked lines all day long. Smile
snow report
moffatross, Glad you're having a great trip. Nice timing!
snow conditions
waynos, you're little un is looking good ... Doesn't seam 5 minutes since he was a little chap round our place!
snow report
Kersh, I'll PM you later today. Looks like more snow overnight, light snow in town at the moment. Looks like 70cm on the Dachstein glacier in last 2 days.

http://www.lwz-salzburg.org/lagebericht.asp Salzburg avi report reporting 25-60cm of fresh snow around. Should be another good day. Out soon, today at Planai.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing heavily across eastern Tirol (Fieberbrunn report via Espri) and through Salzburgerland. The web cams at Obertauern are showing driving snow which appears to be wet and heavy at village level. -5°C at 7.30 this morning in the village.

Weather forecasts are all saying more snow through the weekend as well. It is a pity the base is gone in a lot of places which will stop them from re-opening some of the pistes. The farmers will not be too happy if their summer Alm meadows get torn up.

This end of season reminds me of the season 1990-91 where the snow melted during a very mild end of season causing many places to close early, only to return with a vengeance over the actual Easter period. Easter weekend that year was March 31st.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, Yep, great to see but 10 days too late for many places. Never mind, enjoy today, where are you off to?

P.S. hopefully this weather is mirrored in the second week of October! wink
snow conditions
Planai this morning....lots of POW, up early lots of untracked POW. Madeye-Smiley A good 30cm, mainly with a base but in places was bush underneath, which made for some fun moments. Stopped snowing now, weather trying to clear, occasional sun. Lots of pics

Flangesax was really ripping the powder today, nice one.

Apart from when he sat down.

Untracked, but not for long.

He's been taking some pow-pils

Was a tad exciting in the woods being there was hardly any base left.

snow conditions
great pics !
snow conditions
robboj, skied Leogang today with Espri and had a pleasant but easy day of it. The snow was grippy but also sticky in places. Not sure where to ski tomorrow - probably go over to Zauchensee or Obertauern.

It snowed on and off most of the day, wetter lower down and below the middle station of the Asitzbahn it was melting from below pretty fast. The ground is now quite warm so it really does not matter what happens above ground level - nothing is going to stick around for long. Most resorts are closed or in the process of closing - traditionally it is just after Easter, but with Easter being so late this year, they were on a hope and a prayer to be honest. The usual "late closing weekend for most resorts is sometime between the first and the second weekend of April. This allows time for the alm pastures to rest and recover as well as letting the farmers to put out their fences before driving the animals up there sometime in May/early June.

Anyone thinking of Saalbach-Hinterglemm, forget it it is completely closed and on the Kaprun/Kitzsteinhorn this weekend all hell will be let loose as it is the finale of the Freeride series thy have been running all season.
snow conditions
cheer up. Samerberg Sue, it was one of the best powder days of the season, certainly since mid Jan.
ski holidays
waynos, I'm happy about skiing this weekend Wayne

I just feel sorry for those who are about to come out for their Easter week having forgotten that it is really rather late this year! Embarassed
ski holidays
The TVB in Saabach Hinterglemm has got a shuttle service laid on for Leogang (so expect that to get busy)...

Amazing day today - ta waynos, for the flattering piccy!... I'll get some vids up soon too!
latest report
flangesax, There's only 4, max 5 lifts open and it is getting pretty thin down towards the middle station. I expect they will go to Kaprun instead to be honest, but maybe not until Monday. The top runs open on the Asitz are fairly short and chopped up with no real base so they have to be circumspect with the grooming. It is a longer trip to Leogang than to the Kitzsteinhorn isn't it? They will have to trundle up over Saalfelden with all the trucks ( Mad ) )
snow report
Today in Leogang the Asitzkogel chairlift wasn't running (that left just two chairlifts up the top), though maybe that was because they were preserving the slopes for the weekend (or for flangesax Laughing). I would say that there was about 20 cm fresh snow, though it was rather stodgy and off the pistes pretty heavy. Nevertheless we had an enjoyable day.

My biggest shock was waking after a snooze on returning home and discovering there was no snow at all around the house (the fields had been white in the morning). I felt like Rip Van Winkle and wondered whether I had slept for a week rolling eyes
ski holidays
Went up Schlossalm in Bad Hofgastein yesterday and their was about a foot of fresh snow.

It snowed overnight in Bad Gastein and has snowed all morning with some heavy pulses. Not forecast at all.
snow conditions
flangesax,
Are you on Movement Apples there and not on your K2's ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy