Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bookings for 2010/11 season

Poster: A snowHead
Two weeks mid-January and mid-March in Serre Chevalier, EOSB in VT in April. We really want to do the birthday bash, but money and annual leave makes it likely to be out of the question.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, ah, shame you're not at the Dahu. I'll be on the All Mountain. See you around at the meetings/feedback sessions Very Happy

cathy, it's ok, I've stayed there before anyway and this chalet hotel I've got through Inghams is 30m from the piste in La Croisette apparently so it must be ever so nearby the Dahu Very Happy I deem our paths will cross at the meeting on your first night! I'm glad I'm going on the Saturday actually because I can have a day skiing around first, but no day off at the end mind like you will have. See you then. It will be here before we know it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This thread is designed to depress me - no trips booked or going to be booked as juniorskis will all being well be putting in an appearance mid Feb, right in the middle of the season. That was some seriously bad planning wasn't it!

In my alternative life though, we would be doing Zell in Jan just MrSkis and I, and a big group trip to somewhere in the Ski Amade in early March, and possibly a cheeky weekend in late March if we could get a good deal.

D
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Couple of weeks in Vancouver with the in-laws over Xmas and New Year will inevitably include as much skiing as possible
Hopefully a week of steep stuff with Offpisteskiing in March/April
Long weekends in Jan and early March; maybe a season closer at La Grave for the first May bank holiday
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've organised 3 groups of 6 to ski off piste with guides:

8 1/2 days in Verbier in January
8 days in La Grave (going out on the overnight trains) in February
8 1/2 days in Gressoney La Trinité in March.

Everything fixed - flights, guides, hotels - just one skier for the La Grave group up in the air (and trains, of course, have to be booked 3 months before we go).

Our guide for 2 of the holidays finalised all his winter bookings a month or two ago so we have to do things early.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
I've only got Feb half term with the family booked. Will no doubt get a few days in up north, Ullr willing. Apart from that, nada. Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5, yes indeed - see you on the Sunday eve! snowHead Don't use up all the snow on Sunday Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, Sorry just seen your post. Yes taking my daughter for 3 days on the glacier, never been at that time before.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One week in Meribel at the end of January, and possibly Turkey in Feb. Would love to squeeze in another trip in March/April Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
28th Sept-1 October - Tignes
5th-12th November - Tignes
11th-18th December - Verbier
18th-22nd December - Chamonix
12th-19th January - St Anton
Early Feb trip - TBC
19th-26th February - Serre Chevalier
5th-11th March - Verbier
12th-19th March - Alagna, Italy
9th-16th April - Chamonix
Late Season trip - TBC

Cannot wait! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Touchguru, excuse me, but that is just plain UNNECESSARY! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I assume Touchguru is either filthy rich and doesn't have to work much, or works in the ski industry.

That post is just to inspire jealousy from the rest of us mere mortals! Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd say Touchguru, is either retired with no work ties, or is self employed or a contract worker and doesn't do a lot of work in the winter months, choosing to do most of his/her work in the summer months. Or, someone who isn't retired but doesn't need to work for whatever reason.

Or, is doing a mini season of a sorts but not in one place.

Touchguru, good on yuh snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Touchguru,
Quote:

Touchguru, good on yuh
You know that's what I really meant, don't you? wink Looking forward to kicking....oops, I mean seeing...you at Hemel soon. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hopefully Cairngorm from early Nov/Dec most weekends and maybe a sneaky mid week if the conditions are right . Chamonix from the 27th Dec until the 8th of January , then most weekends again in the Scottish Highlands , Meribel for Easter. Dont think the good lady will let me get away with much more than that.

Touchguru, I'm so jealous !!!! although if we get a Highlands season like 2009/2010 then I will be soooooo happy....
ski holidays
Touchguru - a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma! Very Happy

No special secret here guys and VolklAttivaS5 is the most correct. I have a fairly busy summer period (by work choice) and a very quiet winter period which fortuitously(!) allows for more skiing!

Scot_Ski, I am jealous of YOU living so close to Cairngorn! I hope you get those conditions as well.

Hurtle, they who kick last........ Wink See you at Hemel soon Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Current plans look like 12 weeks in the Alps between the end of September and the end of May. In between times I'll be at Hemel rather a lot. Worked out earlier today (while trying to ignore the pain in my feet being inflicted by CEM) that I've had ski boots on at least two days a week, but usually more, for 50 out of the last 52 weeks.
latest report
rob@rar,
Quote:

12 weeks in the Alps between the end of September and the end of May.
rolling eyes Don't you start.
ski holidays
Cairngorm/Glen Coe/Glen Shee/Aonach Mor weekends and sick days whenever snow is falling, Verbier 11-18 December. 2011 tbd Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Current plans look like 12 weeks in the Alps between the end of September and the end of May.

Now THAT is a proper ski season!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Time off work booked - week in January and week in March. No holidays booked as yet. Waiting to see where there is good snow and maybe do a last minute. There should be some good deals in January (my week is 15/16 - 22/23 January), so hopefully some good deals!!!
snow report
Booked my ferry out 30th November, won't book the ferry back until around beginning of april now for the end of april. Oh I just can't wait for this season. Very Happy
snow report
First two weeks Feb in Wengen, first two weeks March in Pedraces
ski holidays
jonm wrote:

I'm also jacking my job in and doing a season somewhere.

Where? snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Boys trip to Mottaret booked for January, Feb 1/2 term trip booked to Tignes. Not decided about March yet.
snow conditions
Booked so far

End Sept, Tignes to Ski on the Glacier for three days
Early Jan, 3 days skiing in Murren (my 50th birthday trip)
Early Feb, week at Club Med La Plagne with daughter and other families

Still to get sorted out

Late Jan, 'Main' ski holiday possibly Verbier, waiting to hear from the trip organiser
mid March, La Grave? (best mate's 50th birthday trip)
snow report
Group trip Meribel in Jan. Finally sorted Very Happy

Hoping to persuade 'er indoors to agree to another one, just the faaaamly, late season somewhere pretty and sunny. Fingers crossed Smile
snow report
Might do a course in November in Tignes.
Hope to get away for Christmas (maybe Mayrhofen).
Bad Hofgastein for 3 weeks in January.
And see what else comes along.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy